ADVERTISEMENT

2020 RU Wrestling Signing Day

Could the Ohio kids be reconsidering? They aren't elite and may have better options to wrestle on other teams. Wouldn't be the worse thing as it could free up money we can use for the current junior class. No facts - just speculation.

Could the Ohio kids be reconsidering? They aren't elite and may have better options to wrestle on other teams. Wouldn't be the worse thing as it could free up money we can use for the current junior class. No facts - just speculation.

Huh? Hepner is already a 2x OH state champ and ranked #13 at 152

Reactions: Clearscreen25
Remember Ohio has three divisions so being a state champ does not necessarily project stardom. Also we shouldn’t be giving $ to a wrestler ranked 12 in the weight class No disrespect but we need to shoot for kids in the top 3 in their weight class.

Remember Ohio has three divisions so being a state champ does not necessarily project stardom. Also we shouldn’t be giving $ to a wrestler ranked 12 in the weight class No disrespect but we need to shoot for kids in the top 3 in their weight class.

Agree about Ohio...3 divisions waters down the titles. But Hepner is a tough talented kid from a storied program. He would be a good recruit. We need to establish recruiting grounds in the Cleveland area.

By your criteria we should not recruit Poz or O'Neill either as they are 4th and 11th in their weight class rankings.

Also, most think recruits get way more scholly money than they actually get(mostly because parents lie). Some high level recruits do not get any scholly money(if for example they qualify for need based aid).

Reactions: Abro1975
We should only recruit guys that are ranked top 3 by various media outlets is one of the most absurd takes I’ve ever heard.

I’m sure Penn State just takes Flo’s word for who the best guys are and limits their recruiting targets to 42 guys in the nation.

Reactions: ChasRC69 and MS-RU

What an absurd take. He chose RU over Cornell and Ohio State. I'd take all of those coaches opinions over any writer at Flo/Intermat/etc.

I know about the divisions in OH but he is still a winner and at wrestling powerhouse HS. A 3x champ is still an impressive career regardless.

I believe he had 4 losses last year:

Travis Mastrogiovanni (Blair) - #2 in country at 152
Ed Scott - #1 in PA; will be a 2x state champ and #7 in country at 145
Alek Martin - #5 in country at 138
Matt Lackman - had season cut short due to injuries, but beat Bryce and Peyton Hall (#4 @ 152) early last season.

Last edited:
Reactions: LETSGORU91
Plus our other commit from OH beat Robert Howard last year as well, who is #1 at 126 and #8 P4P. Definitely not elite talnet.

Last edited:
Reactions: LETSGORU91 and SCNJ
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT