ADVERTISEMENT

BB Recruiting 2024 four star C Lathan Sommerville commits to Rutgers!

Post more highlights. There’s a lot of raw game footage, but not a lot of long edited. Highlight films. Is there such a thing for him?

Hawk is still pushing the Hyatt over Mag narrative which explains a lot of his posts

It only matters when a poster is usually on point, when you see a window of opportunity, you can't help yourself........

And, low class to point this out in a 4* 2024 Lathan Sommerville commitment thread.....when I add value to threads with actual content and information, you're goal is to ride the Hawk wave.....gotta love it....!!

On Sommerville (the focus shouldn't be about anything else), this is much more important than anything. He's going to play and play early in his career and Woolfolk will be a junior by the time Sommerville gets here. Woolfolk needs a big summer of improvement, especially with his face-up game and shooting touch. It wouldn't be the best case scenario to force Sommerville into the lineup early BUT talent wins out.

If Sommerville makes the strides in the next 12 months, it will be difficult to keep him out of the lineup.

I know Ndongo is currently committed, but a 4/5 trio of Sommerville, Woolfolk and Ndongo looks pretty flexible in terms of offense and passing the ball. With the scorers on the floor, Sommerville passing is why he's so highly rated.....he will find players and move the ball from the mid-range. Gavin and Ace specifically, should love Sommerville on the court. If you leave Sommerville 1 on 1, he doesn't have to burrow forward trying to score and stopping the offensive flow. A true, dribble, pass, shoot, drive and create big-man.

@Richard Schnyderite I’m curious, why is Sommerville a lower rated 4* by you guys and a 3* by others. From all accounts he’s extremely skilled offensively and defensively and should be an impact player from day 1. Someone said he plays below the rim, is that what is holding him back a tad in the rankings or is it something else?

Reactions: Scarlet83
Looks like a great pickup with a ton of potential. Huge size for his age, and skilled enough with the ball in his hands to be an outstanding team player/passer.

Heavy legs and low center of gravity will make him an immovable object down low on D, but also may hamper his lateral quickness and ability to be a quick jumper type ala Cliff.

If he works out and tones up, along with continued overall development he will be tough to stop, especially when he learns to use his body to free up space for his shot, ala Trayveon Williams.

Reactions: Scarlet83
@Richard Schnyderite I’m curious, why is Sommerville a lower rated 4* by you guys and a 3* by others. From all accounts he’s extremely skilled offensively and defensively and should be an impact player from day 1. Someone said he plays below the rim, is that what is holding him back a tad in the rankings or is it something else?
Via a scout in the industry, not associated with rivals.

“Old school center, pretty average from beyond the cylinder offensively. Doesn’t produce consistently on the highest and probably won’t be a pro.”

Reactions: Corycord1
Excited Ric Flair GIF

Looks like a great pickup with a ton of potential. Huge size for his age, and skilled enough with the ball in his hands to be an outstanding team player/passer.

Heavy legs and low center of gravity will make him an immovable object down low on D, but also may hamper his lateral quickness and ability to be a quick jumper type ala Cliff.

If he works out and tones up, along with continued overall development he will be tough to stop, especially when he learns to use his body to free up space for his shot, ala Trayveon Williams.
He is pretty quick laterally for his size. Very athletic. Not a jumper though so blocking shots and rebounding I don’t think will be his strongest attributes.

He is pretty quick laterally for his size. Very athletic. Not a jumper though so blocking shots and rebounding I don’t think will be his strongest attributes.
I see him listed as high as 245 lbs. He seems heavier (although could be due to the competition). He could barely dunk in one clip I saw (not necessarily a bad thing because he’s obviously worked on his handle, passing and mid-to-long range shot). Seems to thrive on contact in order to “control” defenders in the paint.

I see him listed as high as 245 lbs. He seems heavier (although could be due to the competition). He could barely dunk in one clip I saw (not necessarily a bad thing because he’s obviously worked on his handle, passing and mid-to-long range shot). Seems to thrive on contact in order to “control” defenders in the paint.
He can dunk pretty easily. There are some vids of him doing windmills and stuff, but nothing like Cliff. The days of automatic dunks will be coming to an end. Agree with what you’re saying about how he uses his body.

Reactions: Scangg
He can dunk pretty easily. There are some vids of him doing windmills and stuff, but nothing like Cliff. The days of automatic dunks will be coming to an end. Agree with what you’re saying about how he uses his body.
The clip I saw was a contested quick put-back off a rebound and not in the open floor. He’s more Kevin McHale than Cliff O. He should be good at boxing out so maybe he’ll rebound some…but I agree that shot blocking probably isn’t gonna be his thing. Guys like him are the reason the step-back works so well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT