ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting 2024 LB Sam Pilof commits to Rutgers Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
....and you know that he was one of the players involved how?
Even if he wasn't involved I'd be concerned as a team leader if he didn't try and stop it. I have to feel that this issue was addressed in his meetings at RU as the article was two months ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kbee3
....and you know that he was one of the players involved how?
Even if he wasn't involved I'd be concerned as a team leader if he didn't try and stop it. I have to feel that this issue was addressed in his meetings at RU as the article was two months ago.

Did Wisconsin pull their offer in the 2 months since the incident? If not I'd suggest he was not involved.

Reactions: colbert17
Did Wisconsin pull their offer in the 2 months since the incident? If not I'd suggest he was not involved.
Internet rumors/innuendo are internet rumors/innuendo. Maybe someone can piece together the timeline or talk to someone on the Wisconsin Rivals site?

If I’m reading this story right the incidents began last summer and the coach was informed in July. The School Resource Officer wasn’t notified until Jan. 11.
So the police have had this for three months and there have been no charges filed yet. I'm interested to see how this plays out.
According to Rivals, Wisconsin's offer is still on the table and he last visited UW 10 days AFTER the SRO was notified of the incident.
One other note. The coach resigned about two weeks after the SRO notification citing "personal reasons". Never a good sign. Looks like things happened and for this situation the issue is in what way was Sam involved if at all.

Last edited:
Schiano has taken kids with behavioral issues in the past and has done pretty well with them to keep them in a straight line.

Reactions: NickRU714
Shocked that a Wisconsin poster would come on here and post that. Shocked, I tell ya!

It's been so long I've become numb to it sitting in the stands. It's just so damn boring to watch, my mind has no choice but to drift off to a happy place.
On the bright side, every time the team is on offense is an opportunity to grab a beverage, use the restroom or just take a nap without fear of missing anything.

Reactions: koleszar
Schiano has taken kids with behavioral issues in the past and has done pretty well with them to keep them in a straight line.

For all my criticism of HC Schiano and his offensive philosophy - I'm not really worried about him losing control of the team from a behavior perspective.

On a basketball team you can have 1 bad apple. Just can't have 2 or more then it gets exponentially bad.

Football can probably survive with 1 or 2 as well.

Shocked that a Wisconsin poster would come on here and post that. Shocked, I tell ya!
But if the word got out in the Badger forums that a few RU posters were gloating about outrecruiting Wisconsin for the kid, he was probably just itching to bring the information to RU fans' attention... I could be wrong, but if the situation was reversed, I'll bet that one of our more aggressive fans might consider doing the same thing on their board, although not necessarily in the same words.

But if the word got out in the Badger forums that a few RU posters were gloating about outrecruiting Wisconsin for the kid, he was probably just itching to bring the information to RU fans' attention... I could be wrong, but if the situation was reversed, I'll bet that one of our more aggressive fans might consider doing the same thing on their board, although not necessarily in the same words.
Who knows what the intent of the Wisconsin poster was-maybe giving RU a heads up. All there is now is rumor and innuendo. Did Wisconsin pull the offer, or was the player quietly told he might want to look elsewhere because of what was revealed at his HS. Nobody has revealed for certain if he was directly, indirectly involved or not involved at all. This is the nature of internet rumors and innuendo. The police did a full investigation, and nobody was arrested, so at least based on that, perhaps there was no evidence or insufficient evidence that a particular player did anything that was an action that would lead to an arrest. Is it fair to any of those kids if there is not direct proof or corroborating proof that they did something wrong? Not taking sides here, but until someone has video or a witness to say they saw something happen and done by a particular person, it is not fair to single out a particular player or players as having done something wrong.

On the other hand, it does seem that there may have been a bad culture in that locker room if everything in the reports are true about what was done to that disabled child.

Wow, looks like Schiano is finally ditching the holier than thou act and getting serious about getting talent into the building.
So if this is true I don't want this kid. There are just some things that you don't do and know are wrong.
I would rather lose.

Reactions: Kbee3
Who knows what the intent of the Wisconsin poster was-maybe giving RU a heads up. All there is now is rumor and innuendo. Did Wisconsin pull the offer, or was the player quietly told he might want to look elsewhere because of what was revealed at his HS. Nobody has revealed for certain if he was directly, indirectly involved or not involved at all. This is the nature of internet rumors and innuendo. The police did a full investigation, and nobody was arrested, so at least based on that, perhaps there was no evidence or insufficient evidence that a particular player did anything that was an action that would lead to an arrest. Is it fair to any of those kids if there is not direct proof or corroborating proof that they did something wrong? Not taking sides here, but until someone has video or a witness to say they saw something happen and done by a particular person, it is not fair to single out a particular player or players as having done something wrong.

On the other hand, it does seem that there may have been a bad culture in that locker room if everything in the reports are true about what was done to that disabled child.
I think that one problem might be that during the investigation the victim and witnesses provided accounts of what transpired, and the suspects provided different accounts.. Apparently the scandal has been hush hush at the school. Seems like maybe certain people in the town don't want to get their star football players in trouble, or maybe they want to minimize potential civil liability..

And with the recent commitments of two other linebackers to Wisconsin just before Pilof committed to RU, Pilof's spot may have been recruited over. (if his Wisconsin offer was still on the table at the time despite some Wisconsin fans saying that it wasn't...)

In one of your links there's another link to the article below, which admittedly is a little long and drawn out, but it contains some quotes from witnesses and suspects if anyone hasn't seen it yet... But there were definitely a few witnesses. And as is usually the case with juveniles and uncharged suspects, no names are mentioned.

http://middletontimes.com/articles/2023/02/14/da-asked-determine-charges-mhs-football-players

http://middletontimes.com/articles/...-department-has-become-bullies-during-bullying

I think that one problem might be that during the investigation the victim and witnesses provided accounts of what transpired, and the suspects provided different accounts.. Apparently the scandal has been hush hush at the school. Seems like maybe certain people in the town don't want to get their star football players in trouble, or maybe they want to minimize potential civil liability..

And with the recent commitments of two other linebackers to Wisconsin just before Pilof committed to RU, Pilof's spot may have been recruited over. (if his Wisconsin offer was still on the table at the time despite some Wisconsin fans saying that it wasn't...)

In one of your links there's another link to the article below, which admittedly is a little long and drawn out, but it contains some quotes from witnesses and suspects if anyone hasn't seen it yet... But there were definitely a few witnesses. And as is usually the case with juveniles and uncharged suspects, no names are mentioned.

http://middletontimes.com/articles/2023/02/14/da-asked-determine-charges-mhs-football-players

http://middletontimes.com/articles/...-department-has-become-bullies-during-bullying
And that is the problem and why it is wrong to point any fingers and say that a particular player committed a certain act. I am not defending any particular player. And for the poor disabled kid who was apparently hazed and urinated on, he may not even know which particular players assaulted him because things may have happened so fast and with a large group. But to the extent the hazing happened, it is disgusting, and they should consider shutting down the football program for a short while like they did in Wall Township. Something similar happened in Sayreville years ago too, and forget if they shut the program down. In Wall, the situation was quite severe and allegedly a broomstick was used in a hazing incident. This kind of stuck is sick and perverse. Don't understand why anyone thinks this is OK. Schools should enact a zero tolerance stance on these incidents and shut programs down for the remainder of the year if there is sufficient evidence showing a hazing incident and an assault happened.

But back to particular players, perhaps we will never know. I saw some of the reddit posts where someone seemed to have an axe to grind with a particular player. That should not form the basis of judging a player or withdrawing a scholarship. It's perfectly OK for each team recruiting the player to ask about it and see how the player reacts to the questions to gauge if the team wants to continue recruiting the player.

And back to the Wisconsin poster--hopefully, he was not intimating that the recruit did something wrong, and Rutgers only won the recruit because Wisconsin passed on him. People on these message boards (unless they are related to someone on the staff or the recruit) usually have zero inside information. Anyway, as others have noted, Greg is a big on high character players and keeping players on the straight and narrow. If RU did it's diligence, and things checked out then. . . ..

@Richard Schnyderite you really need to chime in here and let the nonpremium members know what you found out. This is going in a direction that needs to be squashed and it was all started by a Wisconsin fan.

Apparently he pissed on a developmentally challenged kid?
Aww crap.. rumors swirling about halfway down this reddit page...

I remind everyone.. innocent until proven guilty.. hazing was big in lockerrooms at all levels many years ago. Even if you didn't instigate or participate you knew of it and likely didn't think much of it either way. Saw plenty of "wedgies" and the old sit-up with towel over the head trick for the gullible noobs. Both disgusting but jackholes will be jackholes.

I can guarantee whatever happened, it wasn't the whole lockerroom participating.

• Angry
Reactions: fg7321
Aww crap.. rumors swirling about halfway down this reddit page...

I remind everyone.. innocent until proven guilty.. hazing was big in lockerrooms at all levels many years ago. Even if you didn't instigate or participate you knew of it and likely didn't think much of it either way. Saw plenty of "wedgies" and the old sit-up with towel over the head trick for the gullible noobs. Both disgusting but jackholes will be jackholes.

I can guarantee whatever happened, it wasn't the whole lockerroom participating.
Good points, but from all that I've read on the subject, these weren't isolated incidents with the victim. These three or four top Middleton players apparently showed no mercy in bullying him over a period of many months. But still, the only thing linking our new commit to the bullying so far is the word of some Wisconsin fans, and the word of some residents who live in the area. Could they be mistaken? Possibly. Doesn't seem like a very good look though, regardless. But as all of us are, I'm hoping that Pilof wasn't involved.

Good points, but from all that I've read on the subject, these weren't isolated incidents with the victim. These three or four top Middleton players apparently showed no mercy in bullying him over a period of many months. But still, the only thing linking our new commit to the bullying so far is the word of some Wisconsin fans, and the word of some residents who live in the area. Could they be mistaken? Possibly. Doesn't seem like a very good look though, regardless. But as all of us are, I'm hoping that Pilof wasn't involved.
Even if he was involved in some way, I'd like to think he has a chance to redeem himself... maybe some volunteer work.. some way to right the wrongs. Destroying a kids future cannot be the only response... though bullying is an especially heinous act because of how many times you see the bullied kids go nuts and kill themselves and/or take others' lives.

That reddit link I posted had people claiming to be former players at the school under the previous coach and said nothing like that went on at that time. So someone instigated this hazing crap there. It wasn't just inherited for generations since the boot camp survivors of WWII brought that into the coaching ranks with them. The instigators deserve some special attention... as they did in out own local example from Sayreville.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT