ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting 2025 DE Chase Linton decommits from Rutgers Football

When I saw his build I didn't see him as a DE but as a LB/DE rusher.
GA likes specimens on DL (Travon Walker 6' 5" 272 lb )
Seem that's what GA sees him as after running 4.6 40

"He was timed electronically in the 4.6 range and that number grabbed Georgia’s attention.

When he returned to UGA last month, he worked out again. There were different drills on his second visit. Shuttle drills. Other linebacker drills...

“It was really exciting for a time and then after like five days had passed and I started getting hit up by other schools,” Linton said. “Now, I was like ‘God I’m right back into it.’”

“They say they like him as a ‘Jack’ backer and a third-and-long go-get the quarterback kind of guy,” North Atlanta coach Jamie Aull said. “They feel like with his athleticism and speed and being able to bend the corner and his length, that he’s an instant pass rush guy.”

He said talking to other teams while being committed bothered him so he de-comitted to be able to talk . Seems like a conscientious kid and I know being close to home was a thing for him.

“It’s just really hard to think about other schools if a commitment means no talking or visits,” he told DawgNation on Saturday.

He basically felt it wasn’t right to consider or talk to other schools while he was still committed.

“Exactly,” he said. “It’s been wearing on me.”

www.dawgnation.com

BREAKING: 4-star UGA target Chase Linton has now backed off his Rutgers commitment

4-star Georgia football recruiting target Chase Linton has now reset his recruiting process after decommitting from Rutgers. He's already got a school he plans to check out.
www.dawgnation.com
www.dawgnation.com
This sort of thing is why I wait until deep winter to pay attention to signings.

bummer, but $#!t happens when a verbal gets an offer he wants more .
Wish him an injury free career and get a degree, as for athletic success??
Let the fans of the program hew commits to worry about that.

If he had decommitted from UGA to RU would you be singing his praises?

This is the new norm…can’t fault a kid for doing what he thinks is right for him. He owed RU no loyalty…or UGA for that matter.

Wonder how many Jersey kids decommitted when the original commit was to an OOS school and RU subsequently offers.

Reactions: redking
He is a hiccup. Hope Greg pulls any offer. Wish him nothing but the best. Nothing personal. But we aren't a safe school. Make a decision and live by it or don't make a commitment. Hope Greg teaches him a life lesson.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT