ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting 2025 Georgia DE Canaan Edwards commits to Rutgers Football

Excited Ric Flair GIF

Reactions: Scarlet83
Just when you start to think …. No more recruits up pops Edwards….WELCOME TO RUTGERS🪓🪓🪓🪓🪓🪓

Reactions: Scarlet83
Red shirt this year, add 15/20 pounds of muscle and be tutored by Lewis and Bailey daily at practice.

Edit: Forgot he's still in high school for another year.

Last edited:
You can teach them to play, but you can't teach them to be 6'5". Welcome big fella.

PS - We just plummeted from the #5 recruiting class to the #6 recruiting class. These are things usually reserved for Alabama and Ohio State fans to bitch about. #SchianoRules

Top 35 or can we get under 30 in the end? Great job . Now keep them onboard.

Top 35 or can we get under 30 in the end? Great job . Now keep them onboard.
The best teams are replenishing via the transfer portal, not high school recruiting. The better teams will have a much higher average star rating, but I don't think there will be more than 30 teams with a better overall score. I'm thinking mid to late 20s.

If we have 30 guys in our class and other schools have 20 plus transfers, it stands to reason we'll have a higher recruiting score based on volume.

The best teams are replenishing via the transfer portal, not high school recruiting. The better teams will have a much higher average star rating, but I don't think there will be more than 30 teams with a better overall score. I'm thinking mid to late 20s.

If we have 30 guys in our class and other schools have 20 plus transfers, it stands to reason we'll have a higher recruiting score based on volume.
Roster retention is now a huge part of the "recruiting" equation as well. For that, I give Schiano and staff 4-5 stars for this past off-season. IMO Rene Konga was the only "transfer out" of significance and pleased Wimsatt moved on and wish him well.

I’d be interested to see some actual statistics on this (net transfers by school).
While I’m sure there is some truth in this, I’m not convinced that “the best teams” are abandoning high school recruiting.

I’d be interested to see some actual statistics on this (net transfers by school).
While I’m sure there is some truth in this, I’m not convinced that “the best teams” are abandoning high school recruiting.
Not abandoning. But fewer than what they took in the past in favor of transfers.

Was it pizza, bagels, Taylor ham/Pork Roll, or the Dining Hall?

"Rutgers was fantastic. That place is special. I don't think there is another place like that. I really appreciate the staff and the faculty for having me. The hospitality and food was awesome. I don't think there was any food better than what we ate. I can proudly say that. I can definitely be a part of that culture."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT