ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting 2025 OL Jayden Elijah commits to Rutgers

Building up that OL!!!!
6'7" 300 lbs
Offers from Kentucky, Maryland and Tennessee
Yeah, solid offer list.

Excited Ric Flair GIF

Last edited by a moderator:
Here’s the rub on this … Has ideal size…appears to be very athletic… has numerous P5 offers…is young and still learning yet is a 5.5 *** ? Welcome Jayden to Our Rutgers Family. The star rankings matter somewhat but had he committed to maybe ( kidding) Georgia, PSU etc. Rivals would have made him a solid 4****. This was a player most following NJ HS football wanted at Rutgers. So # 9 player is only a 5.5 Richard.

Here’s the rub on this … Has ideal size…appears to be very athletic… has numerous P5 offers…is young and still learning yet is a 5.5 *** ? Welcome Jayden to Our Rutgers Family. The star rankings matter somewhat but had he committed to maybe ( kidding) Georgia, PSU etc. Rivals would have made him a solid 4****. This was a player most following NJ HS football wanted at Rutgers. So # 9 player is only a 5.5 Richard.
He's not No. 9 in the state, he's No. 28 for us. However I do agree, I think he will be bumped up a bit in our next update, but I don't think he's a Top 10 kid either. I'd say Top 15 in a LOADED New Jersey class this year.

We don't rank kids based on offers or commitment status, but I will say he was not a take for either of the two you named.

Reactions: thegock
He's not No. 9 in the state, he's No. 28 for us. However I do agree, I think he will be bumped up a bit in our next update, but I don't think he's a Top 10 kid either. I'd say Top 15 in a LOADED New Jersey class this year.

We don't rank kids based on offers or commitment status, but I will say he was not a take for either of the two you named.
Well as a long time follower on the site there would be reasons why the two I mentioned could bypass this player. When we win like those aforementioned we can be somewhat selective. This kid fits fine.He’ll be top 15 for sure .

Well as a long time follower on the site there would be reasons why the two I mentioned could bypass this player. When we win like those aforementioned we can be somewhat selective. This kid fits fine.He’ll be top 15 for sure .
RUBob72 is correct in that years ago people called out Mike Farrell on adjusting some recruits rankings upwards soon after they verbaled to what would be considered a more "traditional power" or BC - lol. Of course he brushed that off.

In regards to Jayden, ON3.com has him #9 overall in Jersey, 247Sports has him at 14 and Rivals 28. With that said, it's probably of greater importnce to see where he is ranked in-state by position.

Last edited:
Reactions: satnom and thegock
RUBob72 is correct in that years ago people called out Mike Farrell on adjusting some recruits rankings upwards soon after they verbaled to what would be considered a more "traditional power" or BC - lol. Of course he brushed that off.

In regards to Jayden, ON3.com has him #9 overall in Jersey, 247Sports has him at 14 and Rivals 28. With that said, it's probably of greater importnce to see where he is ranked in-state by position.
Thank You for re establishing what I read earlier that JE was number 9 in state. Honestly , the ranking is not important to me however, this player is talented and I guarantee he will be sought by many including PSU and perhaps Georgia . Does he have committable offers or are they all BS? The kid is going into his senior year. Greg has been on him for awhile. For those who complained about recruits at the MBB two weeks ago… this is the reason why.

Welcome to the RU Family!
Also big time offer list that includes Georgia, Michigan, Penn State, etc.
He’s not that good ( 😜 ) only # 28 in state of NJ… hey Elijah could be a bust but multi sport players usually turn out well. I’m thrilled he chose our school, program and this up and coming team.

Another Big Man!!!
Looks like we're putting together a new set of Jersey Barriers!!!!!
20161013_164232.jpg
Like some of my other RU marketing ideas, I thought way way back this might be a great nickname for the OL. Especially if we had all five starters from NJ.

Could make for a nice poster…the OL behind a painted red jersey barrier with a Block R in the middle.

Reactions: colbert17
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT