ADVERTISEMENT

$6 Rutgers Masks-Proceeds go to injured Veterans

HeavenUniv.

Hall of Famer
Sep 21, 2004
At www.etsy.com, a vendor is selling Rutgers mask coverings for $7 with Frer Shipping. Proceeds go to Homes for Our Troops which provides mortgage free homes for injured Veterans. The vendor is Zinnsmillcrafting. Just go to Etsy and type in Rutgers Masks.

Last edited:
According to the Homes for Our Troops website, Charity Watch gives them an A rating and 90 cents of each dollar goes directly to projects and services for injured Veterans.

Well, it looks like for now, at least, that vendor is sold out. —I do see a new vendor selling a new Rutgers style mask. Black mask with a large white R. Just go to Etsy and type in Rutgers mask.No charity mentioned with it, but Free Shipping.

Price has been lowered to $6 with Free Shipping. Hope people are buying lots of these.

The sentiment here is great, but for me, it is the exception that proves the rule.

We have injued vets who are homeless? What kind of a country are we that they should depend on charity?

Who said they were homeless? They may have been living in apartments or with family.These are custom built with special features for whichever injury the Veteran has. Apparently this organization has a very good rating . 90 cents of each dollar goes to direct support. And there should never be any Homeless Vets, I agree 100 percent, not to mention more job opportunities back home.

Last edited:
Who said they were homeless? They may have been living in apartments or with family.These are custom built with special features for whichever injury the Veteran has. Apparently this organization has a very good rating . 90 cents of each dollar goes to direct support. And there should never be any Homeless Vets, I agree 100 percent, not to mention more job opportunities back home.
Looks like I misinterpreted "provides mortgage free homes" as the vets didn't have homes. Very glad to hear that they aren't homeless. Of course, we know that there are homeless vets, but that wasn't the point here.

Look, this charity is doing wonderful work for people in great need who deserve help. So buy your masks from them. And maybe also argue for more federal money for disabled vets.

Reactions: HeavenUniv.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT