ADVERTISEMENT

A day in the life of Myles Johnson

Hopefully Myles will be helping to develop the engineering structures for all of the new facilities that Schiano wants.....

Love the true student athlete!

Spent a lot of time at Hill Center!

I remember signing up for “computer time” at the labs in Hill Center in the early 80s by signing your name on paper sheets taped to the wall many hours in advance. Then showing up only to see the sheets have been taken down and the slots have taken by anyone who showed up. Ah...such “wonderful” memories.

Reactions: Local Shill
I remember those 6 sliding sections of blackboard at the lecture hall for Chemistry. Sitting there watching my professor giving the most boring lecture as he drew formulas on the board, knowing that when he got to the third board we were still only halfway through the lecture.

That’s why my roommate and I, in 1976 or 1977, taped a Playboy centerfold to the 4th board. When the professor pulled the third board down to reveal the centerfold on the 4th board underneath, the audience woke up, roared with laughter, and applauded when the professor said, “well I can’t top that, so class dismissed.”

It is all doable until you have road games during the week. Money has ruined it.

Ivy league has 8 schools all within a bus drive of each other. They have their events on the weekend. SFA is flying across the country to play Rutgers when there are tons of schools within a bus ride away.

Money has ruined it.

No shots meant personally to Myles or any of the players .. but I think Rutgers Athletics as a whole is missing a HUGE part of the athletic success formula.

Most of the videos I see, they are not eating high quality foods or a prescribed specific macro/caloric target based diet. Seems like they're just getting their hands on whatever they can, whenever they can. That is leaving A LOT on the table as far as physical development, optimal energy levels, body composition, AND RECOVERY!

I have seen that we have sports nutritionist as part of the athletic dept and I'm sure they spend time with the athletes. But these guys should be logging every single thing that goes into their body in an app and tracking towards the protein/carb/fat numbers that their body needs to either gain or loss weight. It has to be a science and exact with clean foods only at this level of competition ! I see way too many packaged foods, carbs coming from non-nutrient dense sources, they're probably all too low on protein intake if they're not tracking it.

University of Michigan implemented this a few years ago (founder of RP strength/diet is a Mich grad) and their athletes have been seeing HUGE HUGE results. Physically and energy levels.

Last edited:
No shots meant personally to Myles or any of the players .. but I think Rutgers Athletics as a whole is missing a HUGE part of the athletic success formula.

Most of the videos I see, they are not eating high quality foods or a prescribed specific macro/caloric target based diet. Seems like they're just getting their hands on whatever they can, whenever they can. That is leaving A LOT on the table as far as physical development, optimal energy levels, body composition, AND RECOVERY!

I have seen that we have sports nutritionist as part of the athletic dept and I'm sure they spend time with the athletes. But these guys should be logging every single thing that goes into their body in an app and tracking towards the protein/carb/fat numbers that their body needs to either gain or loss weight. It has to be a science and exact with clean foods only at this level of competition ! I see way too many packaged foods, carbs coming from non-nutrient dense sources, they're probably all too low on protein intake if they're not tracking it.

University of Michigan implemented this a few years ago (founder of RX diet is a Mich grad) and their athletes have been seeing HUGE HUGE results. Physically and energy levels.

The first thing I thought a few years ago when Corey Sanders was bragging about being in the gym late at night was "I hope someone is also telling him how important sleep is."

Reactions: ScarletKid2008
Remember key punching card s at Alexander library feeding them to a reader
Then having to go to hill Center for the print out.

What a typical RU setup!

...and probably had to walk quite a distance away form the library to the student center to catch the bus to get to Hill Center. lol

I got a C in Linear Systems and Signals in '85-86. Dr. Puri was the professor. I hope Myles does better than me in that class.

I can't imagine how this kid keeps up with an engineering course load while playing Big 10 basketball. It was really hard with no other responsibility.

University of Michigan implemented this a few years ago (founder of RP strength/diet is a Mich grad) and their athletes have been seeing HUGE HUGE results. Physically and energy levels.
Could be worse, , he could be on the football strength and conditioning program. It doesn’t seem to matter who we play, our guys seem so slow and get pushed around. It is almost like a running back would have to intentionally not run through the gaping holes our defensive line provides. And all our players seem like they wear concrete boots compared to other teams.

Hill Center wasn’t even built when I was in school. (& Rutgers College was male only)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT