ADVERTISEMENT

Ace at practice - Video

He looks like an amazing player . Over/under on his winning the B10 Freshman of the year award?

Reactions: MikeRU09
Its rather disappointing reading the comments of some fans.Bailey is a five star recruit that can play any position ,score from anywhere on the court and has the athleticism to make monster dunks.
Why ? ….it’s a Rutgers board which invites the idiots who love to stir the pot. Ace Bailey is fun to watch. Dylan will be fun to watch. Let the clowns have their

Nothing better than pre-season videos and analysis of 14-second montages. 😑
These videos are designed to showcase the players athleticism or skill level. The coaches job is to turn that into a finished product ready for the season.

So yes, these videos will always get a positive response.

Reactions: Scangg
Remember seeing KD up close … think of a Preying Mantis … long, skinny and deadly.

I think the video highlights what a lot of opposing coaches are probably going to worry about, how the heck do you guard him. He can blow by most bigger players and shoot over smaller faster players. Should be a lot of fun to watch.

Sheesh PJ Hayes welcome to the B1G 🤣 ...

Man tried to bear hug Ace on the way to that dunk haha...

We should have guys challenging him at the rim every time he goes up for a dunk in June.
You guys are funny. No one said that. Its just ridiculous how excited supposedly grown adults get watching a short video of Ace dunking against no one a couple times. A least wait until the video is him tearing up a defender to get so excited.

Reactions: MCKnight2004
You guys are funny. No one said that. Its just ridiculous how excited supposedly grown adults get watching a short video of Ace dunking against no one a couple times. A least wait until the video is him tearing up a defender to get so excited.
Clown comment #2, lol.

People are happy (excited) that he is here and that his athleticism is on display in the video wearing Rutgers practice gear.

Last edited:
Clown comment #2, lol.

People are happy (excited) that he is here and that his athleticism is on display in the video wearing Rutgers practice gear.
Keep this thread going long enough, I'll get you a #3. The athleticism on display can be seen by wings all over america in gyms all over america. That video says nothing about Ace's game.
It is ok to be happy and excited he's here - and the first video of him in RU gear angle can make sense. The buttery smooth, extremely quick, sweats stardust responses are still silly.

Reactions: MCKnight2004
Keep this thread going long enough, I'll get you a #3. The athleticism on display can be seen by wings all over america in gyms all over america. That video says nothing about Ace's game.
It is ok to be happy and excited he's here - and the first video of him in RU gear angle can make sense. The buttery smooth, extremely quick, sweats stardust responses are still silly.
giphy.gif

No more clown comments.

You are a joke. Joke comment #1

Reactions: TRU2RU
The video is just a glimpse of what Rutgers fans reasonably expect to see from a dominant, high scoring, high school player who is predicted to be an NBA lottery pick. He is going to be fun to watch, whether it is just him showing off his explosiveness in warmups or putting an opposing player on a poster during a game. To say I am looking forward to this coming season is a massive understatement. Normally the preseason hype is just hype and I would agree with you that the comments are over the top since we really don’t know how good the new players will be. However, this year I think we have a pretty good idea.

The video is just a glimpse of what Rutgers fans reasonably expect to see from a dominant, high scoring, high school player who is predicted to be an NBA lottery pick. He is going to be fun to watch, whether it is just him showing off his explosiveness in warmups or putting an opposing player on a poster during a game. To say I am looking forward to this coming season is a massive understatement. Normally the preseason hype is just hype and I would agree with you that the comments are over the top since we really don’t know how good the new players will be. However, this year I think we have a pretty good idea.
I agree, I'm not sure I've looked more forward to a season, and think everyone should be excited for it. The hype bothers me because it always starts that way, but then if everything doesn't go exactly according to plan, its usually the one's that were doing the hyping to turn and complain the most. This squad has so many fascinating questions to be answered. Do the kids live up to hype their one year in college? Does the talent taking a step up in comp do so seamlessly? Can this team rebound enough to get out and run?

Reactions: RUfan1977

You guys are funny too. No one is getting hot a bothered because Ace got to the rim unguarded in practice in June. People are excited about his athleticism and fluidity for a 6’9” kid who happens to be the No. 2 recruit in the country. I never understood the “I’m in charge of tempering excitement” persona that permeates this board sometimes.

We don’t need anyone to remind us that this is not a video from February in Assembly Hall.

I agree, I'm not sure I've looked more forward to a season, and think everyone should be excited for it. The hype bothers me because it always starts that way, but then if everything doesn't go exactly according to plan, its usually the one's that were doing the hyping to turn and complain the most. This squad has so many fascinating questions to be answered. Do the kids live up to hype their one year in college? Does the talent taking a step up in comp do so seamlessly? Can this team rebound enough to get out and run?
If you don't like hype then you might as well quit the boards. The hype machine is just getting started. This isn't even a drop in the bucket. It's going to be non stop hype until the season starts

He's like 6'9 and 200 lbs. He'll definitely need to gain some size to play against stronger players in college and the NBA, but that will come naturally with S&C and as he grows into his frame. All part of the process.

It's not a physical game anymore. Guys like Durant (who he has a similar game to), Chet, and others excel because of it. It's a perimeter game.

Strength will come but the most important thing is retaining flexibility and mobility. Simply adding lbs and muscle is an antiquated philosophy. No one trains that way unless you are an OL or something.

Reactions: RUBOB72 and Scangg
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT