ADVERTISEMENT

Ace at practice - Video

It's not a physical game anymore. Guys like Durant (who he has a similar game to), Chet, and others excel because of it. It's a perimeter game.

Strength will come but the most important thing is retaining flexibility and mobility. Simply adding lbs and muscle is an antiquated philosophy. No one trains that way unless you are an OL or something.
I might add, though not really the same beast (Ace is a WF, while Jammin' James was a PF - and James played in a very different style league), or the same game now, when James Bailey purposely bulked up from 9'9" 220 to 6'9" 250 in order to withstand the rigors of playing post and center (when he had to), he lost much of his quickness - and his All Star potential.

But, also yes, as Ace gets older, his body will mature and get stronger. Rutgers is unlikely to see much benefit from that, however (maybe only on the margin, with what he can add this Summer), so we will just have to enjoy his ridiculous athleticism as it exists now. Perhaps a better focus this Summer for RU (and I am just speculating here) is improved CONDITIONING, so he can play more minutes at a high level of energy in any game.

If you don't like hype then you might as well quit the boards. The hype machine is just getting started. This isn't even a drop in the bucket. It's going to be non stop hype until the season starts
Nah, I like the conversation too much, but I agree, the hype will be insane and then the first game where the team shoots poorly it will be people jumping off a ledge. Rinse and repeat.

Nah, I like the conversation too much, but I agree, the hype will be insane and then the first game where the team shoots poorly it will be people jumping off a ledge. Rinse and repeat.

Without question, we will be the first and only fan base to ever exhibit such behaviors.

If there is one thing I have learned from watching and observing sports for decades, it’s most fan bases are pretty even keel and handle wins and losses in a totally rational manner.

Without question, we will be the first and only fan base to ever exhibit such behaviors.

If there is one thing I have learned from watching and observing sports for decades, it’s most fan bases are pretty even keel and handle wins and losses in a totally rational manner.
If you say so, I don't pay attention to the fan bases of things I don't follow

These videos are designed to showcase the players athleticism or skill level. The coaches job is to turn that into a finished product ready for the season.

So yes, these videos will always get a positive response.
People should know by now that these videos are propaganda bs that give false hope to fans during the offseason. I’m sick of them. It’s BS.

Now Ace is false hope 🤣
No 😂

But seeing nothing but swishes from Hyatt and sensational layups from Simpson in last year’s videos has me feeling jaded with preseason hype videos.

It's not a physical game anymore. Guys like Durant (who he has a similar game to), Chet, and others excel because of it. It's a perimeter game.

Strength will come but the most important thing is retaining flexibility and mobility. Simply adding lbs and muscle is an antiquated philosophy. No one trains that way unless you are an OL or something.
Guys like Durant are outliers though.

Compare physics of guys in todays game vs the 80's, most everyone is pretty jacked these days.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT