ADVERTISEMENT

After 2 games...

In fairness to the rush, their QB was taking the snap and throwing the ball almost immediately. On most of those pass plays our guys would have had to be shot from guns to get there before the ball was thrown.

Reactions: eddynyse
Missing our two best LBs and second best DE have caused that problem. If bailey and Powell are back for VT I am not concerned.
Thought djabome had some rough moments today.

Thoughts on the dts?
Honestly I think the starters and depth are not getting blown off of the ball. We get some good bonus penetration, and the ear double teams pretty well. I think sometimes we get caught peaking, but from the film last week LBs lost gap superiority at times. I think our biggest issue is setting the edge when it's not to Lewis' side. We need bailey back.

Honestly I think the starters and depth are not getting blown off of the ball. We get some good bonus penetration, and the ear double teams pretty well. I think sometimes we get caught peaking, but from the film last week LBs lost gap superiority at times. I think our biggest issue is setting the edge when it's not to Lewis' side. We need bailey back.
Yes. If Mo, Powell, and Bailey were in NFL camps right now along with Melton our expectations going into this season would have been quite a bit different. Hopefully Powell and Bailey come back soon. Honestly with the level of guys missing I'm cautiously optimistic, understanding the competition hasn't been top notch.

Aaron Lewis too...he's not really been pressuring much.

Our inability to pressure opposing QBs. One sack through two games against questionable lines.
This is the problem. Having no pressure on B1G QBs is going to cost us a few games.
Hopefully Bailey is back next game ??????

Reactions: Kbee3
Lewis is getting pressure. I counted twice last week the OL should have been called for holding. Today, it was another three time where he beat the lineman and got held, but nothing was called.
The DL is getting plenty of QB pressures and QB hits but people here are not giving them any credit. I think one pressure lead to the INT during the game IIRC.

Thought djabome had some rough moments today.

I said last week that the high tackle number was partly from other people leaving slack and Djabome picking it up.. I think he'll be good though. He was probably singled out. I forgot to watch him.

Reactions: Knight Shift
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT