ADVERTISEMENT

All Decade Team, 2010-2019/20.

Abro1975

Hall of Famer
Nov 21, 2009
The Fightn' Stringers' All Abro All Decade Team 2010-2019. Somebody had to do it !
rottentomato.gif

Tyler Scaife, 5'9 ", Guard. 2013-2018. Little Rock, Ark.- WBCA Regional All-American Finalist ... First Team All-Big Ten - Coaches & Media ... First Team All-ECAC ... Wade Trophy Watch List ... Dawn Staley Midseason Watch List ... Ann Meyers Drysdale Watch List ... Big Ten Honor Roll (Dec. 4, Dec. 11, Jan. 3, Feb. 19) ... College Sports Madness Big Ten Player of the Week (Dec. 4) ... Metropolitan Basketball Writers Association Player of the Week (Dec. 11, Feb. 20) ... ESPNW Top 10 Plays of the Week (Dec. 20) ... Returned from open heart surgery and sitting out the 2016-17 season to lead Rutgers at 19.4 points per game and a 14-game turnaround making Rutgers one of the most improved teams in the country ... Finished career second all-time in scoring at Rutgers with 2,233 career points behind Rutgers All-American Sue Wicks ... Eighth among active leading scorers with 2,233 points ... In Big Ten stats, was sixth in scoring (19.4), fifth in free throw percentage (.810) and 11th in field goal percentage (.452) ... Scored 20 or more points in 17 contests, including seven-straight between Dec. 2 and Dec. 31 ... Registered a career-high 30 points vs. Iowa (Feb. 21) and put away 29 points in games with Western Michigan (Nov. 25) and Penn State (Jan. 6) ... Led Rutgers in scoring in 25 of 31 games, reaching double figure scoring 29 time

Kahleah Copper- 6'1" G/F , 2012- 2016, All-Big Ten by both the coaches and media ... Among those selected to the Ann Meyers Drysdale Watch List, Naismith Trophy Early Season Watch List and Dawn Staley Mid-Season Watch list ... Averaged a team-leading 17.7 points and a team-leading 8.0 rebounds per game ... Let RU in scoring for a third-straight season ... Finished career third on Rutgers’ all-time scoring leaders list with 1,872 career points, only Sue Wicks and Cappie Pondexter rank higher ... Scored in double figures in 30 contests, all but four games of the 2015-16 season ... Performed 11 double-doubles ... Poured in 20 or more points on 13 occasions, including career-high 31 points at Minnesota (Feb. 4) ... In the last 12 games of the season, averaged 20.5 points per game ... Led the team in scoring in 16 matchups ... Shot 50 percent or better from the field in 18 games . 2013-14 (16.1 ppg/6.2 rpg): WNIT’s Most Valuable Player ... First Team All-American Athletic Conference ... First Team All-Met ...

Betnijah Laney, 6' Guard, 2011-15. Clayton, Del.- A 2015 Rutgers graduate, Laney was an Honorable Mention All-American by the Associated Press and a First Team All-Big Ten selection by both the media and coaches her senior season. During the 2014-15 campaign, she averaged 15.8 points and 10.7 rebounds for the Scarlet Knights, guiding Rutgers to the second round of the NCAA Tournament.. Laney holds the RAC rebounding record (men or women) having hauled in 24 rebounds against the No. 6 North Carolina Tar Heels in RU's first-ever ACC/Big Ten Challenge.. Totaling 1,401 career points and 912 rebounds in her Rutgers career, Laney is only one of four Scarlet Knights to accumulate over 1,400 points and 900 rebounds in a career. Laney was selected as the 17th overall pick by the Chicago Sky in 2015 and was the 17th Scarlet Knight drafted in the WNBA.

Stasha Carey- 6'2" Forward, Cleveland, Ohio- 2016- 2019. All-Big Ten … Big Ten All-Tournament Team … 1,227 career points … Appeared in all 32 games with 30 starts … Led Rutgers in scoring at 12.3 points per game … Second at Rutgers in rebounding at 6.3 points per game … Led Rutgers and ranked eighth in the Big Ten in steals at 1.7 steals per game … Led Rutgers and ranked 10th in the Big Ten at 1.3 rejections per game … Three double-doubles (St. Francis (Pa.), Brown & Minnesota) … Led the Scarlet Knights in scoring in 11 contests ... Career-high 30 points vs. then #17/22 Michigan State for the first RU post player since 2004 with 30 or more points … Shot 80 percent from the floor (12-of-15) against the nationally ranked Spartans ... Also captured 20 points in the NCAA First Round matchup with Buffalo (Mar. 22) and against Drake in the opening game of the Vancouver Showcase (Nov. 22)

Arella Giurantes- 5'11", Guard, Bronx, NYC. 2016- Current (2019-20 season). Currently leading the Big 10 w 20 ppg. 2018-19 All Big 10. She has been honored by the Big Ten in five weekly honors this season. Guirantes was named to the Big Ten Honor Roll and as a Metropolitan Basketball Writers Association Honorable Mention with averages of 18.5 points, 7.0 rebounds, 4.5 assists and 20 total free throws during a 2-0 week for the Scarlet Knights Dec. 2-9. Guirantes is a two-time Big Ten Women's Basketball Player of the Week and three-time B1G Honor Roll listee this season.

Agree. I'd potentially pick Khadijah Rushdan over either Carey/Guirantes as of now, given how tough she was and her accolades, but it's close (also, I think Guirantes' best years will be in the new decade!).

From Rushdan's wikipedia page:
Rushdan was a first team All-Big East selection her last year at Rutgers. Rushdan led the Big East her junior year in Assist to Turnover Ratio. She is one of two players in Rutgers women's basketball history to record a triple-double.[3] Rushdan is only one of two players in history to accumulate over 1,000 points, 500 rebounds and 400 assists.

Also, as much as I love Carey, it's arguable that Monique Oliver had a better career at RU.

Agree. I'd potentially pick Khadijah Rushdan over either Carey/Guirantes as of now, given how tough she was and her accolades, but it's close (also, I think Guirantes' best years will be in the new decade!).

From Rushdan's wikipedia page:
Rushdan was a first team All-Big East selection her last year at Rutgers. Rushdan led the Big East her junior year in Assist to Turnover Ratio. She is one of two players in Rutgers women's basketball history to record a triple-double.[3] Rushdan is only one of two players in history to accumulate over 1,000 points, 500 rebounds and 400 assists.

Also, as much as I love Carey, it's arguable that Monique Oliver had a better career at RU.

I gave her a lot of thought. There wasn't quite enough deserving players for a full 2nd team, but she Khadijah would have been my first pick on the second team.

The only reason I came up with this, is that I saw so many 'All Decade' teams announced last week, including the RU Football and Wrestling teams, but none for W Basketball, probably the best of all RU Team sports. And felt the team was deserving of it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT