ADVERTISEMENT

Former Rutgers players named first team all conference elsewhere

Plum Street

Hall of Famer
Jun 21, 2009
With Cam Spencer being named first team all-big east, he joins an exclusive club of former rutgers players named to a first team of another conference after transferring.

Charles jones was the NEC player of the year at LIU after flunking out of Rutgers . Jones led the nation in scoring.

Luis Flores was MAAC player of the year at Manhattan. Flores also led the jaspers to a big upset over Florida in the ncaa tournament .

Any others ?
I thought Earl Johnson would be on this list at Iona , but he was second team maac.

Mike Rosario played OK for Florida but don't think he got any postseason recognition.

Dahntay Jones did well for for Duke but again, don't think any major accolades. Duke won the Natty during his "sit out" year but he was on the bench all season.

Todd Billet had a good year for UVA but they didn't make the NCAA Tournament that year. I sort of felt bad for him but not too bad, lol.

Josh Sankes averaged 14 ppg for Holy Cross after being a non-entity at RU. He likely got some postseason awards from the Patriot League.

Mike Rosario played OK for Florida but don't think he got any postseason recognition.

Dahntay Jones did well for for Duke but again, don't think any major accolades. Duke won the Natty during his "sit out" year but he was on the bench all season.

Todd Billet had a good year for UVA but they didn't make the NCAA Tournament that year. I sort of felt bad for him but not too bad, lol.

Josh Sankes averaged 14 ppg for Holy Cross after being a non-entity at RU. He likely got some postseason awards from the Patriot League.
Sankes was patriot league tournament mvp . They gave Kentucky a game in the tournament
But I don’t think he was first team all league

Reactions: LeapinLou
Will Cliff be named Big 10 Defensive Player of the Year
Chances probably killed by lack of team success but I think he deserves it, he’s probably the best rim protector in America.

Hamady won it on a similarly bad team

Glad for them.
Great to some who left RU MBB make all conference at a lower level..

Cam came to RU from what might be considered a lesser program , made a good showing and proved to be good enough to be enticed to leave by other programs
Then going to the National Champion receiving pretty good NIL money and proving to be a good pick-up, for that program, by earning all conference status in the BE.
Spencer used the portal wisely and played well for all of the 3 programs he committed to

Reactions: RUDiddy777
Peter Kiss
Kiss was named to the First-team All-NEC his first season after transferring, then led the NCAA in scoring his second year at Bryant .
Also named to the First Team All-NE his second year there
He's playing pro ball in Europe now

Glad for them.
Great to some who left RU MBB make all conference at a lower level..

Cam came to RU from what might be considered a lesser program , made a good showing and proved to be good enough to be enticed to leave by other programs
Then going to the National Champion receiving pretty good NIL money and proving to be a good pick-up, for that program, by earning all conference status in the BE.
Spencer used the portal wisely and played well for all of the 3 programs he committed to

All business for him. Smart.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT