ADVERTISEMENT

All this May stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

RU72

All American
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2001
Yes,Rutgers is losing someone but everything will work out.
Gavin will end up starting,will be at Rutgers in June and is ready for prime time.

Kante is still wide open but for many reasons Rutgers is not in the picture.

Cliff is still very likely back,as is Paul.

No holiday tourney game.

MSG is out,but Barclay's appears in play.

Northwestern and Ohio State got much better and Penn State is now decent.

Davis is coming.

2024-5 should be beyond exciting and Rutgers will be at the RAC and not a relocated building.

Steve is on top of things and I see the Karl Hobbs departure as a long run positive with the caveat that Ndongo might have started this season. He is a real stud.

May Justin Timberlake GIF by *NSYNC

When you say everything will work out, are you alluding to us bringing someone else in from the portal to replace him?

Reactions: MiloTalon13
Losing ndongo hurts much more than mag. That really sucked.
I highly doubt Ndongo will have anywhere near the impact on a college team than Mag had on Rutgers last year. Rutgers went from a Top 15 team to a 150s type team after he left. I realize there were other non Mag factors involved, but he was the primary reason.

If we are so sure Davis is coming why hasn't he signed. He hasn't gotten around to it? Or is he leaving the door open to other possibilities?

I don't blame ANY player for leaving options open.

Gavin will end up starting,will be at Rutgers in June and is ready for prime time.

No holiday tourney game.

Davis is coming.

2024-5 should be beyond exciting and Rutgers will be at the RAC and not a relocated building.

Steve is on top of things and I see the Karl Hobbs departure as a long run positive with the caveat that Ndongo might have started this season. He is a real stud.
Damn, that last Ndongo item stings

Reactions: Scangg
I'll probably never truly get over losing out on Big Dong if he ends up fulfilling his potential

Gavin starting.... does he or Paul guard the other team's 4?

Fernandes Cam Gavin Paul Cliff. A big plus 4 guys who shoot 35+ % from 3. Points are coming

I'll probably never truly get over losing out on Big Dong if he ends up fulfilling his potential

Gavin starting.... does he or Paul guard the other team's 4?

Fernandes Cam Gavin Paul Cliff. A big plus 4 guys who shoot 35+ % from 3. Points are coming
Paul would have to guard the 4 for the most part imo while Gavin adds muscle.

Rough minute distribution pending transfers (keeping in mind positionless basketball)

PG: Fernandes (26), Simpson (14)
SG: Spencer (32), Simpson (8)
SF: Griffiths (24), Mulcahy (16)
PF: Mulcahy (16), Hyatt (16), Chol (8)
C: Cliff (32), Woofolk (8)

Davis should RS unless there’s an injury. I don’t think he’ll be better than Simpson.

We will definitely struggle defensively without Mag.

Reactions: Ru7580
A NJ player just entered the portal from UK … Lance Ware. He would be a nice fit into the front court.
From Camden.
I guess he wasn't tight with the two Camden kids headed to Kentucky this season.

I highly doubt Ndongo will have anywhere near the impact on a college team than Mag had on Rutgers last year. Rutgers went from a Top 15 team to a 150s type team after he left. I realize there were other non Mag factors involved, but he was the primary reason.
His replacement being palmquist and reiber was the main reason. Replace him with a big ten level player and the drop off would have been much less significant.

Last edited:

No holiday tourney game.

Davis is coming.

Continued thanks for the insights and thoughts.

Rough minute distribution pending transfers (keeping in mind positionless basketball)

Davis should RS unless there’s an injury. I don’t think he’ll be better than Simpson.

That’s a terrible rebounding team.

• Sad
Reactions: Scangg

If we were worried about Reiber and Palmquist I can't wait to see the reaction to Chol playing 8 MPG

Reactions: bac2therac

No holiday tourney game.

Davis is coming.

Now hearing some good news may emerge from this. Stay tuned.

Redshirts are rare so doubtful Davis does

Hardly any college BB players redshirt unless they are hurt. Davis is a true point guard with ballhandling skills. Simpson is not a very good ball handler. There we’ll be times this year when when Fernandez is out of the game that we will need someone to break the press and initiate the offense. Davis may not play a lot, but there are times he could be very useful.

Ru72 keeps me coming to this site lol.

I’m hoping it’s not aware although he has great size. Underwhelming stats although UK, cycles in top talent every year so he could of just not been as good as the next 5 star coming in

Cliff, Cam, Paul, Caleb, if any of them went down, it would have just as bad or worse.
Zero margin for error with that team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT