ADVERTISEMENT

Allowed at Stadium

darkcheck

Junior
Gold Member
Mar 7, 2022
I know strollers are banned, how about carriers? Need to bring an 8 month old Saturday. Ticket office never seems to answer. My rep left and I tried email but don't know if they'll get back to me. Hoping someone here can assist. Many thanks!

I know strollers are banned, how about carriers? Need to bring an 8 month old Saturday. Ticket office never seems to answer. My rep left and I tried email but don't know if they'll get back to me. Hoping someone here can assist. Many thanks!

GOOD QUESTION Maybe try asking in this link:

Rutgers Athletics requires all patrons, regardless of age to have a ticket for all football games. The Athletic Department will allow one lap child without charge when attending an event with a ticketed adult. To obtain a complimentary lap ticket, a parent or guardian can request the ticket at the stadium's North Gate Ticket Office. Please check the event’s ticket policies at the time of purchase as ticket policies may vary per event

Prohibited items include outside food and beverages, bottles, cans, alcoholic beverages, coolers, umbrellas, strollers, noisemaking devices, balloons, laser pointers, pets (with the exception of service dogs), balls, weapons, sticks/poles, containers, fireworks, clothing/costumes deemed inappropriate and any other items deemed dangerous or inappropriate from being brought into the facility.

Better check the Homeland security website, you might be able to hide a bomb in one of those carriers. Seriously, at this point nothing would surprise me with Rutgers gameday operations. They made the guy who sits behind me who wears a chain mail head dress. bring it back to his car. He's been doing it for years, but for some reason this year it's considered a weapon.

Better check the Homeland security website, you might be able to hide a bomb in one of those carriers. Seriously, at this point nothing would surprise me with Rutgers gameday operations. They made the guy who sits behind me who wears a chain mail head dress. bring it back to his car. He's been doing it for years, but for some reason this year it's considered a weapon.
Hey now, we can't have people enjoying the games too much. We're only charging them $75-100+ a ticket after all.

I
It's funny and sad that if you Google "homeland security food and drink policy sporting events" Rutgers is the first result.

I don't think any other pro or college team even references Homeland Security as it related to food and drink in any way. If you're going to lie, lie big like Rutgers does.

I'm not going to be much help with this, but I don't recall seeing either at football or basketball games. That is anything but an official word. Anyone else see them? I do remember seeing those carrier thangs that the parents put over their shoulders.

Reactions: darkcheck
I'm not going to be much help with this, but I don't recall seeing either at football or basketball games. That is anything but an official word. Anyone else see them? I do remember seeing those carrier thangs that the parents put over their shoulders.
We used to have a young family in front of us in 107 with very small kids, never saw a carrier. for a small child.

Reactions: darkcheck
When my kids were little we always carried them in. My son’s first game was the Rutgers -Penn St / Graber-Paterno conference at mid field post game at Giants Stadium 😃. He was 2 weeks old. I think he attended almost every game until the West Virginia snow game when he was in high school.

Never brought that much into the stadium for the kids so I can’t relate to all the fans complaining about the bags. Those days were pre and post 9/11. I guess kids needed less back then.

It wasnt the helmet they objected to. It was the long sword at his side

GOOD QUESTION Maybe try asking in this link:

Rutgers Athletics requires all patrons, regardless of age to have a ticket for all football games. The Athletic Department will allow one lap child without charge when attending an event with a ticketed adult. To obtain a complimentary lap ticket, a parent or guardian can request the ticket at the stadium's North Gate Ticket Office. Please check the event’s ticket policies at the time of purchase as ticket policies may vary per event

Prohibited items include outside food and beverages, bottles, cans, alcoholic beverages, coolers, umbrellas, strollers, noisemaking devices, balloons, laser pointers, pets (with the exception of service dogs), balls, weapons, sticks/poles, containers, fireworks, clothing/costumes deemed inappropriate and any other items deemed dangerous or inappropriate from being brought into the facility.

I was going to suggest just stick the kid in teh bag as it wouldn't fit into any of the banned categories.. then I noticed "noisemaking devices". Good luck.

And Karen just asked me to make sure they have ear protection for the baby.

• Haha
Reactions: Knight Shift
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT