ADVERTISEMENT

Another Boom!

griffith needs to have someone explain the benefits of rutgers. For anyone interested in wall street short of going to princeton out of hs nothing comes close working around Novogratz. Tweet him and explain that. Maybe we have a chance to pull it out if he really looks at the situation long term much better than psu or michigan.

Reactions: elvis7
I can think of one: Griffith has yet to be on a national championship team. That might be something he wants for his career. If that is the case (and who knows what his priorities are) there is a program not that far from Rutgers that had 0 points from 165 at Nationals, and thus finished in 2nd place. A 165 wrestler of Griffiths ability would almost guarantee a 1st place finish in 2022. That program also has the nation’s best head coach. Just food for thought...

And before RuNation goes berserk with insults, please remember that I am an RU season ticket holder in both football and wrestling ( matside!) and have contributed to the SKWC while at nationals in Pittsburge. Be kind - I’m only speculating on the S. Griffith transfer situation. Just another viewpoint.

I can think of one: Griffith has yet to be on a national championship team. That might be something he wants for his career. If that is the case (and who knows what his priorities are) there is a program not that far from Rutgers that had 0 points from 165 at Nationals, and thus finished in 2nd place. A 165 wrestler of Griffiths ability would almost guarantee a 1st place finish in 2022. That program also has the nation’s best head coach. Just food for thought...

And before RuNation goes berserk with insults, please remember that I am an RU season ticket holder in both football and wrestling ( matside!) and have contributed to the SKWC while at nationals in Pittsburge. Be kind - I’m only speculating on the S. Griffith transfer situation. Just another viewpoint.
That's a very fair point but using logic and reason does not protect you from cheerleader wrath.

Reactions: pawrestlersintn

I also agree that getting him would be a very big and much-needed accomplishment. I do hope it happens. But if we put on his shoes for a moment and think as he might, it will suggest a very unlikely result. However, I would love to be wrong for this first time 🙄

Rutgers has features to offer too - especially so if Wall Street is a priority. We’ll see - it may be neither school.

I look at going to a non- PSU message board as being invited into someone’s home. I never insult RU - I’m a Jersey guy, born and raised. RU is my other team - as long as it’s not against PSU, I’m a Rutgers fan - anyone know someone that has season tix in 2 sports for school for which they did not attend? So, I think I might have a different perspective on some things.

I’m a guest here: be polite and gracious, as if the RU fans invited me into their home - you dont insult your host!

RUNation is typically respectful to outsiders unless they are not respectful towards us. As a Jerseyan, you understand the passion some have for their university and/or sport. That being said, welcome. As far as Griffith, do you really think PSU has much scholarship money to offer him? They lure the best of the best recruits obviously with tradition and coaching, but I would think they would be maxed or near maxed out on their 9.9 ships to get them on campus too.

As to PSU and scholarships, I would imagine ( just speculating), that with S. Van Ness and A. Facundo joining the program, financially, we’d be at the 9.9 limit, yes. if that is the case, S. Griffith would join at his own expense - unless prior $$ can be re-configured for other wrestlers? I honestly have no idea what the rules are other than the limit of 9.9. Is financial aide available? Did S. Griffith go to Stanford for free, and now doesn’t need scholarship money? Who knows.

sure would be happy if PSU was the chosen school, but if it isnt us, much better if it’s Rutgers than UM or God forbid iowa.

As to PSU and scholarships, I would imagine ( just speculating), that with S. Van Ness and A. Facundo joining the program, financially, we’d be at the 9.9 limit, yes. if that is the case, S. Griffith would join at his own expense - unless prior $$ can be re-configured for other wrestlers? I honestly have no idea what the rules are other than the limit of 9.9. Is financial aide available? Did S. Griffith go to Stanford for free, and now doesn’t need scholarship money? Who knows.

sure would be happy if PSU was the chosen school, but if it isnt us, much better if it’s Rutgers than UM or God forbid iowa.

With Shane graduating in three years and being an NWCA Scholar All-American, I imagine he could receive an academic scholarship.

I would think future business opportunities/Wall Street would have a higher importance to him than being on an NCAA championship team. I asked if PSU has an MBA program and no one answered that. I would figure if they do not, it reduces their chances. I know Michigan has a very good one. Just my thoughts and welcome Shore Lion

I would think future business opportunities/Wall Street would have a higher importance to him than being on an NCAA championship team. I asked if PSU has an MBA program and no one answered that. I would figure if they do not, it reduces their chances. I know Michigan has a very good one. Just my thoughts and welcome Shore Lion

my brother in law got his mba from state penn.

Yes, PSU has an MBA program, although it doesn't rank up there with Michigan, Northwestern, Duke or Virginia, which are some of the other non-Ivies with wrestling programs.

I'm surprised others don't take a longer look at UVA. Good wrestling program and living in NYC the alumni flock here from McIntire or go back to Darden for two yrs.

@ShoreLion as long as you present an argument opposite of Matters I can have a rational conversation with you and you seem like that's the case so welcome aboard.

I'm surprised others don't take a longer look at UVA. Good wrestling program and living in NYC the alumni flock here from McIntire or go back to Darden for two yrs.

@ShoreLion as long as you present an argument opposite of Matters I can have a rational conversation with you and you seem like that's the case so welcome aboard.
Good friend of my sons from HS , Cedeno goes there. Back up to Courtney this year. Had some good wins in the extra matches including Girardi and Orine. Seems to like it.

What do you mean? UVA's head coach is from NY and they recruit NY, NJ, PA, among many other areas.

Reactions: RU Diesel07110
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT