ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone With Local Knowledge About Route 84 Traffic from Newburgh, NY to East Hartford, CT this Saturday?

CT 15N. That's the Merritt. Older more winding road than 684. More prone to tie ups but it's really a day to day proposition. Everyting else is the same.

I guess we'll let the GPS & Waze figure it out for us when we get up that far.

I live up here. Best route is GSP North to Taapan Zee Bridge to Saw Mill River Parkway North to to I-684 to I-84 East.
Take I-84 East into the Hartford area. I would recommend staying/lodging either in Manchester CT if you are going to stay overnight.

Manchester CT has lodging, food, and other forms of entertainment 10 minutes from the stadium.
West Hartford CT on the west side of Hartford has similar facilities but you’ll have to travel through Hartford to the game and back where as in Manchester, you will be closer to the Rent.

Last edited:
I live up here. Best route is GSP North to Taapan Zee Bridge to Saw Mill River Parkway North to to I-684 to I-84 East.
Take I-84 East into the Hartford area. I would recommend staying/lodging either in Manchester CT if you are going to stay overnight.

Manchester CT has lodging, food, and other forms of entertainment 10 minutes from the stadium.
West Hartford CT on the west side of Hartford has similar facilities but you’ll have to travel through Hartford to the game and back where as in Manchester, you will be closer to the Rent.
Just expect to hit traffic on the Saw Mill by Marble Ave in Hawthorne/Pleasantville. They are reconfiguring the entire highway and it is a pain for a couple of miles. If you are not going through there at a busy time, it is fine.

Also, the exit for i84 East/Danbury off 684 can backup for 1/2 mile, so get in the right lane early otherwise you’ll be cutting people off to merge lol.

My go to way for Hartford all the time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT