ADVERTISEMENT

Are we recruiting any kids from Trenton High School?

HeavenUniv.

Hall of Famer
Sep 21, 2004
A lady who lives in Trenton who works in my building knows I am a big Rutgers fan and told me there is a kid she heard about at Trenton High School who is supposed to be really good, a good kid, and smart. She said Princeton has been talking to him. All I know is his name is Shamar and he is going into his junior year. Anybody know who he is and if we are recruiting him?

Wonder if RU is recruiting Jamir Watkins who was at Mater Dei for awhile and I believe now is at Trenton Catholic.

6'7 - 6'8 kid who was pretty good as a soph.

Wonder if RU is recruiting Jamir Watkins who was at Mater Dei for awhile and I believe now is at Trenton Catholic.

6'7 - 6'8 kid who was pretty good as a soph.

He just put his top 4 out, no Rutgers (never saw anything that we offered or were recruiting him)

Reactions: silkcitypirate
Is he using Kyle Flood as a reference for his Princeton application?

0__0 OP: “she said Princeton is talking to him...”
Princeton probably mailed the kid a recruiting letter/survey. That probably turned into 'heard from Princeton' which probably turned into 'Princeton is talking to him.'

It happens that way sometimes.

It is really funny when a fan or neighbor tells me that a particular P5 school is recruiting a kid when it is very obvious that the kid is a Division II prospect. This happens to me at least 1x/year.

Reactions: IL Lusciato
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT