ADVERTISEMENT

Article; Best Kept Secrets of NFL Draft. Rutgers.Anthony Cioffi

We didnt' have talent. The teams we are playing have multiple first round picks. We have a kid who's an UFA at best.
so then we can agree GS sucked given how many drafted kids we had and never won a title?
there are varying degrees of talent and coaching but OUR TEAM IS NOT TALENTLESS

Reactions: MidwestKnights
so then we can agree GS sucked given how many drafted kids we had and never won a title?

We are talentless in comparison to our competition. Moreover, I don't recall Schiano having QB's throw for 30 yards a game and not scoring a touchdown for a month.

Let's not go down the well-traveled road we have been down 1,000 times before with Mr. Cioffi, and simply wish him the best of luck.

Or that many decide to overlook the crow as they back peddle on the well travelled road.

So, OSU and UM both sucked because they didn't win the B1G last year? Where did we finished in the rankings in 06?

Reactions: madchuck
How many of those kids that were drafted or wound up having NFL careers were lightly regarded coming out of HS, and were developed into NFL players?

McCourty's were 2 stars, Ray Rice 3 stars. The only players who went to the NFL who came out of HS as studs were Kenny Britt and Anthony Davis. Everyone else was a 3* player.

all the above mentioned are Schiano coached Players who he developed into NFL talent.

That was my point. Ryan Hart was not a physically gifted QB. But actually played pretty well under Schiano. Lavino was awful last year. However, I really don't think he's that bad. He did throw all those passes to Carroo the prior year.

How can anyone knock Schiano, we have been a dumpster fire since he left.

I don't have a problem with people saying they want better than the Schiano years, but the lack of appreciation for what he did bring to the banks is downright myopic and petty. I'm glad he was here because who knows when we'll see that kind of excitement here again? No other coach in the "big time" era has come close to bringing the level of program-building, excitement, national exposure, player development and the ability to sell his vision that Schiano brought. He never won a conference title, but he grew this thing to a level that any successor should have been able to build upon and get us to the next level, or at least not fall back to pre-Schiano ineptness.

Reactions: BlockR
I don't have a problem with people saying they want better than the Schiano years, but the lack of appreciation for what he did bring to the banks is downright myopic and petty. I'm glad he was here because who knows when we'll see that kind of excitement here again? No other coach in the "big time" era has come close to bringing the level of program-building, excitement, national exposure, player development and the ability to sell his vision that Schiano brought. He never won a conference title, but he grew this thing to a level that any successor should have been able to build upon and get us to the next level, or at least not fall back to pre-Schiano ineptness.
If so called RU fans didn't bash him day in and day out maybe he would have turned down the NFL promotion. I would have left too.

Reactions: scottsdaleal
If so called RU fans didn't bash him day in and day out maybe he would have turned down the NFL promotion. I would have left too.

This is, without a doubt, the most profound piece of lead-paint-eating wisdom ever laid down on these pages.

Or that many decide to overlook the crow as they back peddle on the well travelled road.
Lets not get carried away here with Cioffi's talents. We all watched him play the last few years. He did nothing that made him stand out as NFL caliber talent. He made some plays and missed a lot of plays also. We will still wish him luck and root for him to make a team of course.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT