ADVERTISEMENT

Ashante Worthy from Freehold...WOW

Aug 19, 2007
Last edited:
Reactions: brodo and ruready07
Impressive, but I wonder how his level of competition compares to what Polk High played against every week.

ShamefulFittingElectriceel-max-1mb.gif

He should still have offers. I don't care who he's playing against, that's outrageous.

Reactions: newell138
He is on the small side for sure but he's a special player. Someone is going to get a great player. I think he would fit in great at Navy or Army or a very good 1-AA.

Reactions: RUgrad75
If you think Worthy is good check out Mayfield from Manalapan. Has more yards than Worthy overall in about 1/3 less carries.

I don't understand why Mayfield doesn't have an FBS offer. He's better than Fordham. Mayfield isn't that small either. He's at least the size of Blackshear. I'm not saying we should take him because I know we have no room but I'm surprised noone took him.

I don't understand why Mayfield doesn't have an FBS offer. He's better than Fordham. Mayfield isn't that small either. He's at least the size of Blackshear. I'm not saying we should take him because I know we have no room but I'm surprised noone took him.

Don't disagree. Only thing I can think of is that Manalapan's OL is so dominant that scouts attribute most of Mayfield's success to his blocking. Likely a stretch but can't come up with another reason.

Don't disagree. Only thing I can think of is that Manalapan's OL is so dominant that scouts attribute most of Mayfield's success to his blocking. Likely a stretch but can't come up with another reason.

Manalapan is extremely good in comparison to the competition they play.

Reactions: skindawgs
NFL is dead to me... the entire pro sports culture has become too artificial and fake... money grabbing...gifted humans who in no way can relate to the general public ...the simplicity of college sport is leaning in that direction as well...it will all fall apart someday and maybe sooner than people think.

NFL is dead to me... the entire pro sports culture has become too artificial and fake... money grabbing...gifted humans who in no way can relate to the general public ...the simplicity of college sport is leaning in that direction as well...it will all fall apart someday and maybe sooner than people think.

Agree 100 %. Well said.

I went to my first NFL game in more than 10 years this past Sunday in Tampa.

So many time outs and stoppages in play among team timeouts, referees timeouts and TV timeouts. Both teams ran the ball a lot, which should have shortened the game. But it didn’t. They made up the quick clock rundown by inserting longer play stoppages, or so it seemed.

I found myself checking my watch pretty often, wanting to get the hell out of there to avoid post game traffic. The actual crowd seemed much less than capacity, maybe 60% full ?

Needless to say, I won’t be back.

Watch some of the Olympic sports. It's still there at the college level.

I would like Gef's take on the young man. He broke down the backs we signed last year exceptionally well.

I've seen both play this year. My son's team scrimmaged Freehold and lost early in the season to Manalapan. Mayfield's line is big and they block well. We held him to 120 yards with 5 minutes left in the game, Old Bridge was down by 7. In 2 possessions, Mayfield went for another 120. That's how you close a game out.
Worthy doesn' seem all that fast, but he's got good vision and he makes you miss. Doubt if he's a RB at the next level.... maybe a slot receiver

Reactions: Local Shill
Worthy is definitely a RB at the next level. But ive heard everything from character, legal and academic issues regarding this kid. He's also only playing QB out of necessity as i believe it may have been injury to the starter but im not sure. Not a good passer by any stretch but a dynamic runner

Reactions: madchuck
If he can understand a playbook, get off a jam, get open, and catch a ball, sign him up.

This guy was a top 5 NFL WR for years at 5'9", 185:
content_wes.jpg

Reactions: RutgersMO
From watching him on this one video he does not have the speed... is not that shifty... it was helped by very poor tackling... I think we could do better...

Any recruiting updates on Josh McKenzie who played his youth football in Howell and Wall and is now at Bergen Catholic.

I'm not saying we should offer him but saying he's not that shifty is insane. 419 yards is 419 yards.
This. Shiftiness IS his game along with balance and vision. I'd say hes the total package as a runner if not for his lack of elite speed.

He's Just a highlight film. Just broke Knowshon Morenos Shore Conference TD record and smashes the NJ record book. His performance Saturday in the CJ Group 4 playoff against #1 seed Nottingham will go down as one of the best day ever in NJ for one player. Runs for 419 and 7 TD and is 15-18 in the air for over 216.

http://shoresportsnetwork.com/ashan...e-leads-freehold-to-wild-win-over-nottingham/

this reminds me of that kid from PA who had a bazillion yards and never got an FBS offer. Name escapes me.

Agree 100 %. Well said.

I went to my first NFL game in more than 10 years this past Sunday in Tampa.

So many time outs and stoppages in play among team timeouts, referees timeouts and TV timeouts. Both teams ran the ball a lot, which should have shortened the game. But it didn’t. They made up the quick clock rundown by inserting longer play stoppages, or so it seemed.

I found myself checking my watch pretty often, wanting to get the hell out of there to avoid post game traffic. The actual crowd seemed much less than capacity, maybe 60% full ?

Needless to say, I won’t be back.
Nfl is all about the tv money.

If there are issues with this kid then stay away, but he could replace Grant in the slot and returning punts and kicks. I don't care how big he is as he has instincts you cannot teach.

Reactions: cicero grimes
If there are issues with this kid then stay away, but he could replace Grant in the slot and returning punts and kicks. I don't care how big he is as he has instincts you cannot teach.
Wasn’t there a diminutive running back or QB at Montclair HS that the head coach touted and called out Rutgers for not recruiting him. Maybe we should get an update from our Montclair friends. Did he end up at Temple?

Reactions: cicero grimes
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT