ADVERTISEMENT

Ashnault wins be Fall Moves to Quarterfinals in Bill Farrell Open

one of the Finesilvers from Duke?
yes. Lots of former college stars in the tournament plus international wrestlers, Ashnault's bracket includes Nick Lee, Patrick Lugo,and Kolodzik. Others competing include Wick, Marinelli, Mc Fadden, Austin DeSanto, Amine, Gwiazdowski, and Nahshon Garrett

That's all true plus having the training partners that can challenge him.
Very true. I was going to save that topic for another thread. Hopefully there’s a plan in place to attract some wrestlers. I believe there’s a good coach in place and they say we’ve some money so I’m not sure why we can’t get a few!

Ashnault lost to eventual winner https://uww.org/athletes/zhumashbek-uulu-taiyrbek then in consy semis he lost to Matt Kolodzik who won again after that match to take 3rd place
I love AA and all he did for RU wrestling and I get it that he wants to compete full time, but he is not really close to being the guy at his weight. I wish he was still coaching and I am sure he will be back sooner than later.

I love AA and all he did for RU wrestling and I get it that he wants to compete full time, but he is not really close to being the guy at his weight. I wish he was still coaching and I am sure he will be back sooner than later.
As long as he still has that competitive fire, It’s best he has no regrets and does everything he can to compete..wish nothing but the best for AA and if/when he returns we will welcome him back with open arms.

As long as he still has that competitive fire, It’s best he has no regrets and does everything he can to compete..wish nothing but the best for AA and if/when he returns we will welcome him back with open arms.
Does Joe Pollard plan on resigning? Is Donny moving on? Is Goody ready to take the next chapter? In other words, there still needs to be an opening.

Listen, I’m sure RU will not turn their back on the man who helped put this program on the map but Ashnault made a decision to walk away from a position that would have led him to bigger things in the coaching world. He also walked away from the SKWC despite the fact that he would have both SeaBass and Buxton. That’s the part that gets me and sometimes I wonder if he just needed to get away from RU and see what else was out there and clear his head while still competing and hanging with his boy Oliver. I totally get it… how many people marry and spend their entire lives with the girl they met in elementary school?

In the long run things seem to work themselves out. Let’s hope it does because unlike Nicky, the Ashnault family is part of the RU DNA.

AA won't coach until 2024. Giving himself 2 years to compete on the senior level.

Reactions: Leonard23
AA went 1-1 today and was eliminated after his opponent lost in the next round of the ranking series tournament

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT