ADVERTISEMENT

Football Athan Kaliakmanis Named QB1, Gavin Entering Portal

RRRRUUUU

Senior
Nov 19, 2005
Last edited by a moderator:
Didn’t get a replacement for him that was good so he wouldn’t leave and he left anyway

Yeah, it was all GW’s fault that we didn’t win the national championship
When one (or a handful) of players on a team (any team) get preferential treatment, the other players notice. If that player receiving the preferential treatment isn't pulling his own weight, it will wreck morale with the remainder of the team.

Wimsatt is not Lawrence Taylor and Schiano isn't Bill Parcells. Wimsatt had stretches (not a couple of series, but weeks) where he couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat. And the perception was that he was allowed to continue to go out there and suck because he was Schiano's first big NIL purchase.

Didn’t get a replacement for him that was good so he wouldn’t leave and he left anyway
I'm shocked Greg didnt name a starter till after the portal closed or sometime during the summer. As to your comment, my guess is Sheppard and/or Surace will be a fine as the second stringer and will have higher upside than GW. I wish Gavin the best if he heads elsewhere.

When one (or a handful) of players on a team (any team) get preferential treatment, the other players notice. If that player receiving the preferential treatment isn't pulling his own weight, it will wreck morale with the remainder of the team.

Wimsatt is not Lawrence Taylor and Schiano isn't Bill Parcells. Wimsatt had stretches (not a couple of series, but weeks) where he couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat. And the perception was that he was allowed to continue to go out there and suck because he was Schiano's first big NIL purchase.
Or Simon was worse. Maybe Simon pulled a Mag and said only in emergency situations.

I am mostly interested in what shelby thinks shelby will have to say about this...It sort of blows his entire posting away.
Message to Shelby:
Chris Evans Eat Shit GIF by Knives Out

You Are Wrong GIF by Anupam Kher

Good luck to Gavin! Will be interesting and telling to see the landing spot.
Im wondering if Gavin wasn’t insured the back up role as well?

Last edited:

Who is making the list of people that have to eat crow? I'm not talking about the people that thought Wimsatt would just win the job. I'm talking about the conspiracy types that said the fix was in, GS is too stubborn, GS is too scared to pass, etc.

Now there is nothing discuss about RU football. Let me jump back in on the new Ivies thread

Next argument: do we have two separate "look at what Gavin did last game!!!" threads?
Or 1 combined thread.

And if 1 thread - on the football board or basketball?

Reactions: newell138
Gyros, souvlaki, tzatziki, feta and ouzo for the first tailgate!!!! You heard it here first and you're welcome. Hell, I might break some plates right now to celebrate!!!

Reactions: RUforester72
Next argument: do we have two separate "look at what Gavin did last game!!!" threads?
Or 1 combined thread.

And if 1 thread - on the football board or basketball?
I am still smarting over Cole Snyder, who will be lighting it up at CMU this season. I paid for a full subscription to the MACtion network to provide live updates here.

Reactions: hoquat63
Guess GS agrees with me.

Gavin would have been a luxury to have as a backup.

Too bad he’s leaving.
I think the quality of the backups directly caused this. Both AS and AJ looked at least as good as Wimsatt in the spring game, with a fraction of the experience. So that enabled GS to give him the news now in time for GW to enter the portal instead of holding back the decision until after the portal closed to keep him as the backup.

Would this also be a move to keep Sheppard from entering the portal facing a season at #3 and losing GW later when he doesn't start? It could also simply a move to let GW find a place to start his last 2 years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT