ADVERTISEMENT

Attend the Free Skull Session with Coaches before RU vs. Princeton Match

SKWC

Sophomore
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2016
Rutgers head wrestling coach Scott Goodale and Princeton head wrestling coach Chris Ayres will participate in a pre-match skull session in Athlete’s Glen prior to the “Battle at the Birthplace”, presented by Autoland, on Nov. 19. The skull session, open to the public, will begin at 10 a.m. and last approximately 30 minutes, as both coaches will discuss the match.

Reactions: Tango Two
Pumped to be going to my first Rutgers home meet this weekend. Will hopefully be there for the Skull Session. For the uninitiated (e.g. me), where is the Athlete's Glen? Is it the same as the "Block R" mentioned in the press release? Due north of High Point Stadium next to the bubble? Thanks in advance!

Athlete's Glen is across from the North entrance to the Stadium. There should be many fans in the area so don't hesitate to ask someone. Hope you make it and enjoy the match. It will be exciting !

Reactions: Jaroslav Hasek
Anyone know what the parking situation is this morning? I have a silver pass for football but would like to park closer if I don't have pay an additional amount.

So I just checked SK.com and it appears I can only park once in the Silver Lot with no reentry allowed. I would need to show my silver pass at the RAC to park free and shuttle over and then be able to park in my silver spot for the football. The wrestling should be done by 1pm but i guess they are concerned about two way traffic flows? Pretty inconvenient and has me second guessing if I want to make the trip this morning.

Last edited:
It is best to park at the RAC and shuttle over. Can also park at College Ave Gym and take the shuttle. Too many security and safety concerns to permit in and out parking.

This is a don't miss match. The little inconvenience is well worth it. Rutgers and Princeton are making a statement !

Reactions: dollarbill
It is best to park at the RAC and shuttle over. Can also park at College Ave Gym and take the shuttle. Too many security and safety concerns to permit in and out parking.

This is a don't miss match. The little inconvenience is well worth it. Rutgers and Princeton are making a statement !
Thanks for the info and encouragement. Your right this will likely be more enjoyable than the evening affair. Will get a little exercise and walk from the RAC. Supposed to be a nice day.

I parked at RAC jumped on shuttle and got to stadium no problems at all. Leaving may be a different story.

We did it right buddy. I saw pictures of the lines for the shutttle to the stadium. They were rediculous. That god we went early. Got the scoop at the skull session that Lewis was going 165. Thought that was smart. From the post mast interview Goody made it seem like Lewis may stay there for some dual meets and go to 157 for the Tournaments

We did it right buddy. I saw pictures of the lines for the shutttle to the stadium. They were rediculous. That god we went early. Got the scoop at the skull session that Lewis was going 165. Thought that was smart. From the post mast interview Goody made it seem like Lewis may stay there for some dual meets and go to 157 for the Tournaments

haha, you mean these photos?
CxouTEzXgAEq24M.jpg:small

Cxow8fgXgAA9bvS.jpg:small

I missed the skull session but thought I still made it in plenty of time by parking around 10:40. didn't get to the stadium until about 11:20 and missed all but the last few seconds of McCabe's match. pretty sure everyone would have gotten in by Ash v Kolo Part III

all the drivers and staff were working hard, just need to have more buses and/or warn people in advance of the wait.

a minor hiccup though and the event was otherwise spectacular.

Reactions: Passe24
Wow I had no idea it wast hat bad. my son asked why we left so early that morning (we live in Gloucester County) now I can show him these pictures and show him why. The weather was so nice that after the match we just walked back to the RAC, I was guessing the lines would be very long returning to RAC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT