ADVERTISEMENT

B12 ACC Schools not Happy with the B1G and SEC Making Rules

They ought to just split and form their own league get it over with. In what landscape where competition determines the winner do upfront automatic byes make sense.

Reactions: Jimpeg
When politicians and government get involved we’ve hit rock bottom. And it will happen.
Maybe Tommy Tuberville who beat Alabama 6 consecutive seasons becomes the college football playoffs czar.

Last edited:
Hypocrites. All of them.
It's a shame nobody calls them out this. It's so transparent and easily refuted. Every single quote.
They all want fairness and equality and "earn it on the field".....for their conferences.
But have no issue ignoring the other 5 FBS conferences and Independents?

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
If the ACC/Big 12 coaches are okay acknowledging that "not all conferences are equal" then they live with the situation that their conference may be part of the "others"

"A playoff format that guarantees a first-round bye to any team, division or conference before the season starts is unheard of in any sport as far as I'm aware," Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy said Friday. "Based on the premise proposed, a team could be undefeated and ranked No. 1 in the country and still not receive a first-round bye because teams were awarded one before the season even began."
Oh, you literally mean like ND or any other Independent? Let me guess - Gundy doesn't care about those schools though.
What playoff format guarantees an AQ spot to some divisions or conferences but not all?

"The champions from each of those four deserve to be in, and I agree with that," Doeren said. "... After the four champions, then let those teams that have earned that over the course of their season with strength of schedule, their ranking, quality wins and all that be what matters."

"I feel the four conference champs should be treated equally and all should have a first-round bye," North Carolina coach Mack Brown told ESPN. "It's hard to be a champion, so it does matter."

Doeren and Brown only cares about 4 conferences? Do they not realize there are 9 conferences? Is it easy to be a champion for those other schools so it does not matter?
Why stop at 4 conferences? If the justification is "well those 4 are different" then why can't they change to "well those 2 are different"?
They made this bed with judging conferences against each other - now it's time to lay in it.

"We need to let the teams decide it on the field and reward those who are most deserving," Gundy said.

I agree Gundy. Let the teams on the field decide it then. No AQs for any conference. 12 team playoff with a majority SEC/Big 10 schools? Well they are the most deserving
1 ACC/Big 12 school at most?
That really what Gundy wants?

Reactions: mosito
An while the NCAA announcing it will freeze all NIL enforcement actions given the recent court decisions was expected, it just reinforces that the college sponsored professional athletic environment will get worse before it gets better. I have no sympathy for anyone involved in this charade.

While the 12 playoff as a blatant money grab, I do not blame the two big leagues for wanting the line share of the revenue.

They are the ones who have invested in big-time football, all the ACC emphasized basketball for years when it was clear that football was the main revenue.

You reap what you sow

Reactions: Virginiarufan
It's a little hypocritical to claim the system is rigged when you move/shift to the outside looking in. We all know it isn't fair; it has never been fair.

The only way it could be fair would be to have conference champions only. Win your conference and then we can talk.

Have to say that I'm happy the ACC is on the outside looking in. Talk about reaping what you sow.

It's a little hypocritical to claim the system is rigged when you move/shift to the outside looking in. We all know it isn't fair; it has never been fair.

The only way it could be fair would be to have conference champions only. Win your conference and then we can talk.

Have to say that I'm happy the ACC is on the outside looking in. Talk about reaping what you sow.
There is no such thing as fair. Conference champions only as you suggest wouldn't be "fair" because those conferences aren't equally difficult to traverse.

Even if there's no more realignment, essentially all of the teams John Q. Fan wants to see in a playoff are in the BIG or the SEC. And if there is more realignment it is only going to get more skewed in favor of those two leagues. Money talks.

If they want to continue the idocicy of 9 conferences in FBS then go all the way like UEFA Champions League.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_coefficient

Guarantee certain conferences a certain number of playoff spots based on historical conference metrics.

If the Big12/ACC want to parade around like they are so much better than the G5 schools - then prove it.

The only reason th other coaches and fans care is because it makes them seem like they aren't good enough.

It codifies that they suck

But none of them would go for an All at large.

Also, I bet the Big12 and ACC Champs were going to get ranked along with the others with no special privileges

While the 12 playoff as a blatant money grab, I do not blame the two big leagues for wanting the line share of the revenue.

They are the ones who have invested in big-time football, all the ACC emphasized basketball for years when it was clear that football was the main revenue.

You reap what you sow
I can't disagree but even as a Big 10 fan, I don't agree with any automatic byes, much less 3 each. That's absurd. And wholly undeserved most years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT