ADVERTISEMENT

BASEBALL: Game 2 - Nebraska beats Rutgers, 12-4

Saturday game- RU trails 5-1 after only 1 inning. Rutkowski gets taken out of the game after only 2 outs, I thought the hook was awfully fast, 1 or 2 of those runs came in off a bad error by our 2nd baseman, and ball slow getting in from right field. RU scores one in the first, and has a guy thrown out at the plate. Maybe Rutkowski can pitch again tomorrow, he threw 40 pitches before being replaced by Gerace.

Last edited:
In baseball every game changes based on the starting pitchers.In the first game Rutgers gets very good pitching and win the game 4-2.Today was a complete opposite with Nebraska hitting some long home runs and simply pounded the Rutgers pitching staff.

I was surprised it took so long to get our starter out of the game. After striking out the first batter, he just gave up hit after hit, walked them and even threw a wild pitch. Guess it takes a lot more time than I thought to get another guy up and ready that early.

I was surprised it took so long to get our starter out of the game. After striking out the first batter, he just gave up hit after hit, walked them and even threw a wild pitch. Guess it takes a lot more time than I thought to get another guy up and ready that early.

Rutkowski only gave up 3 hits and 3 Earned Runs on 40 pitches. Gerace gave up 9 hits. Maybe Rutkowski was yanked too fast. Would he be available today since he only threw 40 pitches?

Rutkowski only gave up 3 hits and 3 Earned Runs on 40 pitches. Gerace gave up 9 hits. Maybe Rutkowski was yanked too fast. Would he be available today since he only threw 40 pitches?
Probably not. Don’t forget, SPs have a full routine they go thru during pregame. I don’t think you take a chance with a guy like Rutkowski. Don’t want to risk injury

Probably not. Don’t forget, SPs have a full routine they go thru during pregame. I don’t think you take a chance with a guy like Rutkowski. Don’t want to risk injury

You’re probably right. However RU can’t afford to lose any home series if they want to make the playoffs. As of yesterday they haven’t even announced a starter for today. Guessing it will be Reardon who faced 1 batter between Rutkowski and Gerace n

You’re probably right. However RU can’t afford to lose any home series if they want to make the playoffs. As of yesterday they haven’t even announced a starter for today. Guessing it will be Reardon who faced 1 batter between Rutkowski and Gerace n
It seems that no one knows what is going on with Heatter.

Very strange that reardon came in, even if it was only for a batter. Not sure what’s up with Heatter. We need a good start from someone today

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT