ADVERTISEMENT

Beat Michigan!!!

Maybe they finally got tired of giving games away. We'll see what the 4th qtr brings.

This is by far the BEST game our women have played all year. It stinks we don't have Zippy or Noga, but our ladies played with heart and played as a TEAM. If they played even 70% like this against MSU, we would have two more conference wins. Oh well. Let's use this feel good win to catapult this team the rest of the way.

BTW, I just learned from reading the Noga thread that she will transfer. I find that very disheartening. I would really like to know what happened here. All I know, is our women always seem to miss a real three point threat on this team and I thought she was it, regardless of her overall shooting percentage.

I have a sneaky suspicion however, that lack of playing time might be the reason because she doesn't play defense up to the level that C Viv. expects. And if that's the case, then once again I find that troublesome for not putting an offensive threat on the court, when this team has always seemed to lack the ability to score especially from behind the three point stripe.

Way to go ladies. Gave my tickets to my friend as I had an early dinner invite. Maybe I will give them away the rest of the year if we play like that

Reactions: Bon1674
A superlative performance by the team and staff. The energy and focus has better than any other game this season. Great rebound and gut check
I'm beginning to like your posts :ThumbsUp
but even when you're over the top in negativity (in my opinion, you have shown to be a fan that cares [cheers]

When RU does well, you give praise :WooHoo:

Reactions: bac2therac
Thanks to Jordan for signing autographs as the Player of the Game. Do the women have that after every game?

BTW, I just learned from reading the Noga thread that she will transfer. I find that very disheartening. I would really like to know what happened here. All I know, is our women always seem to miss a real three point threat on this team and I thought she was it, regardless of her overall shooting percentage.

I have a sneaky suspicion however, that lack of playing time might be the reason because she doesn't play defense up to the level that C Viv. expects. And if that's the case, then once again I find that troublesome for not putting an offensive threat on the court, when this team has always seemed to lack the ability to score especially from behind the three point stripe.
It doesn't involve playing time. She was a complete no-show in many of the B1G games (i.e. wasn't even in the RAC). It was a case of " Where's Waldo" or "Finding Nemo" because no one knew where she was and there was no explanation from the team.

Team did not play the 55 defense due to lack of bodies & effort needed to play it, just played in your face hard defense in the half court. Pretty sure Zippy got hurt in the Maryland game taking a hard charge & she came up wincing & trying to stretch her neck, today she was wearing a neck collar, Joyia & Alexis still wearing a boot, so the bench is basically non existent. Least amount of points that Michigan has scored since 2007, & Michigan star center Hillmon was held to 5 points in 29 minutes

Team did not play the 55 defense due to lack of bodies & effort needed to play it, just played in your face hard defense in the half court. Pretty sure Zippy got hurt in the Maryland game taking a hard charge & she came up wincing & trying to stretch her neck, today she was wearing a neck collar, Joyia & Alexis still wearing a boot, so the bench is basically non existent. Least amount of points that Michigan has scored since 2007, & Michigan star center Hillmon was held to 5 points in 29 minutes
all the above is true, but to qualify, Hillmon was hurt in Northwestern game and did not play in 2nd half and did not practice for 2 days prior to today's game and took some awful looking shots. Nevertheless, team played great team defense and came up with a great win in front of a pretty good size crowd. Congratulations and lets keep it going.

. Pretty sure Zippy got hurt in the Maryland game taking a hard charge & she came up wincing & trying to stretch her neck, today she was wearing a neck collar,

For what it’s worth, the BTN broadcasters said Zippy was hurt in practice before Michigan St game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT