ADVERTISEMENT

Big 10 suspends Harbaugh for rest of the regular season

Was more than the slap on the wrist I was expecting.

He's allowed to coach all week, just not on sidelines.

BUT with his vast network, I'm sure someone will be relaying Jim's calls to the sidelines from within the stands.

Just 3 game days. Not really all that bad though it might matter during their biggest game of the year.

Reactions: mikebal9
I don't understand why any fans of big ten teams, except for maybe Ohio State, would want any type of significant punishment or playoff ban. Michigan and Ohio State are the money. All big ten teams benefit from Michigan and Ohio State being the brands that they are. Need everyone to be happy as the whole realignment thing goes through...

Some sort of Harbaugh suspension was expected but this is just a sideline ban on gamedays. He can stil be preparing the team during the week. Of course PSU and OSU are two of those games.

I expect Michigan to seek a restraining order so Harbaugh can coach against PSU
and use the courts to fight this.
NCAA will back down after Michigan floods the sports news and using it in court evidence showing other B1G school;s gave Michigan sideline signs to each other

Edit: it happened
>Michigan said Friday that it would seek a temporary restraining order to prevent the Big Ten’s suspension of Jim Harbaugh from immediately taking effect.<

https://sports.yahoo.com/michigan-t...ens-suspension-of-jim-harbaugh-214017970.html

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: eddynyse
I don't understand why any fans of big ten teams, except for maybe Ohio State, would want any type of significant punishment or playoff ban. Michigan and Ohio State are the money. All big ten teams benefit from Michigan and Ohio State being the brands that they are. Need everyone to be happy as the whole realignment thing goes through...
I agree with you unless the B1G makes them forfeit all wins.

Maybe because we would like to see someone held accountable for breaking the rules...

Was more than the slap on the wrist I was expecting.

He's allowed to coach all week, just not on sidelines.

BUT with his vast network, I'm sure someone will be relaying Jim's calls to the sidelines from within the stands.
Maybe he now gets OSU hat so he can go to their MSU game tomorrow to scout them ...oh wait- nevermind

We are displaying peon mentality when we act oblivious to the big picture lol
Here's the B1G picture, "Fvck Michigan". Let's stop acting like Oliver asking for "More Please" and start acting like we belong in this damn conference. It's been a decade for Christ Sakes, stop acting like we should be grateful and bow down to our B1G overlords OSU and UM. I got news for you, it isn't the dying Midwest bringing in all the new money.

Last edited:
Coaches exchanging information has been going on forever. Figuring out signs during a game is normal. Having someone go out to other venues to acquire advance notice of signals is specifically against NCAA rules and there is incontrovertible evidence that it happened. Coach is responsible for the program whether he knew about it or not. Something had to be done by the conference ASAP. When the NCAA finishes their investigation they may pose their own penalties in addition--or not. There may well be more to the story that will come out from the NCAA investigation. Bottom line, are you going to protect one school or the other 13 in the conference?

B1G will still get all of the bowl/CFB playoff money so the conference doesn't lose. I'm sure the 13 teams are hoping OSU beats them so there's no chance Michigan wins the conference title under this cloud.

Harbaugh will finish out the season while the court decides if what he did was worse than what Michigan claimed other programs were doing to them was.
The NCAA and B1G might be forced to investigate the programs that Michigan claimed shared Michigan signs before any ruling on Harbaugh is given if the Michigan gets the courts to make he NCAA and BIG allow Harbaugh to coach until the other programs are
looked into and a ruling by the NCAA & B1G is made about their sign sharing.

I’m not sure everyone posting has seen the actual facts of this investigation. It seems the B1G is confident with their decision based on the evidence they received from the NCAA. If the advance in person scouting rule was broken, there should be a penalty. Having said that, I think Michigan will end up winning the B1G this year based on what I’ve seen thus far. I would not be surprised if they win the NC this year.

Paper tiger penalty. Means little and avoids real punishment. Cheating for years. He should be nowhere near the team all week and thru the bowl game.

UM should be fined with funds given to schools they spied on and lose some scholarships.

This guy is out 6 of 12 reg. games

Nothingburger. Wins should be vacated for all the years the cheating can be established. Roster size cut since schollies don't count anymore. Big financial fan to Harbough.

Reactions: RUsundevil

Ya know, not everything is about money in this life.

Goodfellas GIF

Because they have scruples and believe in fair play and sportsmanship and don't think cheaters should be rewarded?

NCAA might just have the gumption to assess a more severe penalty when the dust clears. Thus is not one or two violations but a pattern of multiple violations signaling either intentional violations or lack of institutional control that merits additional sanctions.

This guy eviscerates Michigan

The level of incompetence, stupidity, and downright dumbery out of Michigan's football program has never before seen been in the college football world before.
1: Michigan hired a non-qualifed individual to operate as a member of their staff and committed NCAA rule violations and was so mentally insane that he created a 60-page manifesto, and was caught being on a sideline of CMU vs MSU

2: Jim Harbaugh's lawyer copied and pasted a message board post as part of a "legal" argument against the Big Ten 😂

3: Michigan literally reached out to every sports journalist that is available to "beg" them to push PR for them.

4: Had a pedophile on staff that was caught wanting to meet a teenager at a company with liqueur in his hands

5: A coach committed computer crimes with multiple viticims in multiple states

6: Michigan claims they need a due process when Michigan themselves didn't give due process to the pedophile, Weiss, or Connor Stalions

7: Michigan fans went from wanting Jim Harbaugh fired to worshiping the soil he walks

8: An internal whistleblower is feeding all evidence to the NCAA and Big Ten

9: They claim no wrong doing was done when there is literally a paper trail of ticket purcahses, video evidence of folks recording sidelines for an entire game, LLC's were formed to finance the sign stealing operation, and video evidence of Connor Stalions talking to the cordinators what is coming before a call is made.

On top of that an LLC was formed with a star RB that claims does no business with Connor Stalions. So the star RB committed an NCAA violation by being in business with a staff member or Connor committed a crime. 10: They tried to place all blame for their own NCAA rule breaking on Ohio State, a PI firm, and Ryan Day

11: Michigan fans have lost any sense of functional brain cells by saying they want to leave the Big Ten. Feel free to leave and Florida State can replace you. I could keep going on and on.

Apparently the B1G council of presidents approved the sanctions, so It was not just Petiti on his own. That adds some weight to this in a court I think.

Reactions: MikeRU09
Too bad.. this was the year of the B10. Michigan looks like the best team in the country and OSU is probably number 2 or 3. It suck the SEC could benefit when they would likely brush a similar infraction under the Mississippi River..

Nope
You break an important provision, you should get a proper penalty
You don’t protect a blue blood
The NCAA should take this further

Coaches exchanging information has been going on forever. Figuring out signs during a game is normal. Having someone go out to other venues to acquire advance notice of signals is specifically against NCAA rules and there is incontrovertible evidence that it happened. Coach is responsible for the program whether he knew about it or not. Something had to be done by the conference ASAP. When the NCAA finishes their investigation they may pose their own penalties in addition--or not. There may well be more to the story that will come out from the NCAA investigation. Bottom line, are you going to protect one school or the other 13 in the conference?

B1G will still get all of the bowl/CFB playoff money so the conference doesn't lose. I'm sure the 13 teams are hoping OSU beats them so there's no chance Michigan wins the conference title under this cloud.
But in fairness, Michigan didn’t send a staff of a dozen people to steal signs…only one guy who worked on the cheap. What’s wrong with football-oligarch Harbaugh doing whatever he has the means to do in order to win? Harbaugh should take this case (along with a briefcase full of cash) all the way to the Supreme Court.

But in fairness, Michigan didn’t send a staff of a dozen people to steal signs…only one guy who worked on the cheap. What’s wrong with football-oligarch Harbaugh doing whatever he has the means to do in order to win? Harbaugh should take this case (along with a briefcase full of cash) all the way to the Supreme Court.
and use this guy to plead his case
bad-seinfeld.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Knight Owl
Clarence Thomas enters the chat...

Reactions: NotInRHouse
As I predicted a big nothing. Can run practice, game plan etc. Michigan will be in the playoffs if they win out

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT