ADVERTISEMENT

Football Big Ten Conference to officially postpone 2020 season

Maybe get some regional games in the spring? Would actually be interesting to play some of those teams.

tenor.gif

Reactions: RUfromSoCal?
Pretty much kills the possibility of winter hoops as well.

2020 sucks

Reactions: thegock
Terrible decision, I hope the better programs opt out this year and play with the SEC. I'm done with B10 football and Rutgers football. I'll root for the programs that play with the SEC if it happens.

I wouldn't go that far yet. Probably not playing hoops before January 2021 though.

Nothing is going to materially change between now and January. If they are cancelling now I can’t see them green lighting anything in January.

This is going to be a disaster.

My father thinks we’ll be reading about college athletics in history books 20 years from now. Starting to think that may be the case.

Am I the only one who doesn’t understand the outcry?? Everyone was saying college football and the NFL would be postponed since March. Just because NASCAR, Golf, and other non-contact sports came back was never going to mean contact athletics was. MLB’s handling of everything sunk the ship for good on 2020 season, but everyone already knew this

Am I the only one who doesn’t understand the outcry?? Everyone was saying college football and the NFL would be postponed since March. Just because NASCAR, Golf, and other non-contact sports came back was never going to mean contact athletics was. MLB’s handling of everything sunk the ship for good on 2020 season, but everyone already knew this

Beat me to it, and no you're not. Should not be surprising to anyone.

Reactions: Greg2020
Exactly. We knew this may be the toughest one to pull off out of the entire group.

Nothing is going to materially change between now and January. If they are cancelling now I can’t see them green lighting anything in January.
I'm trying to be a little optimistic. That's about four months from now. Look where the tri-state area was in terms of hospitalizations and infection rates four months ago. I'll wait and see at this point before throwing in the towel.

Even if the other conferences decide to play this fall, nobody is going to want to burn a redshirt for a crappy season. A fall season will be a joke that nobody will watch.

A Fall season with the SEC and ACC won’t happen imo. The university presidents of those schools are just as risk averse as their fellow leaders in the B1G.

Serious doubts about a Spring 2021 season. Total money grab imo.

This is going to be a disaster.

My father thinks we’ll be reading about college athletics in history books 20 years from now. Starting to think that may be the case.

This is the end of college sports as we know it.

We will never see RU in a big time bowl. We won’t see RU in the NCAA Tourny. Those won’t exist.

oh well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT