ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten football “expected” to return

Farrell's and Siegelin are asshats. They're taking the article from nj.com and transposing it onto this situation. They have no idea how Holloway's going to vote with the new covid procedures being presented. I know the interview Holloway did was idiotic, but the guy didn't get where he is by being a fvcking moron. Farrell did.

Last edited:
He’s speculating on the vote and then speculates further by assuming the schools voting against playing sit out. There’s nothing factual about his tweet in order to be objective.
Siegelin is generally very fair and objective. I wasn’t referring to the specific tweet about Rutgers football. Time will tell very shortly on what the enigma know as Rutgers does. Lol

Don't insert facts here. The haters want to continue their circlejerk ripping Rutgers.
Exactly right. Just see the post below.

Man this is getting good...you know this clown University stooge Holloway isvoting NO... that will decimate the football program... Rutgers will pay off Greg Schiano and staff and then take it to court where they will undoubtedly lose.. If you think they are going to share TV monies you are delusional.

Hate Rutgers much? Stooge? Decimate. Pay off Greg? Go to court? Can you cite sources for all of this?

Farrell's an asshat. He's taking the article from nj.com and transposing it onto this situation. He has no idea how Holloway's going to vote with the new covid procedures being presented. I know the interview Holloway did was idiotic, but the guy didn't get where he is by being a fvcking moron. Farrell did.
I don't want to be as strong as to say "idiotic." Just guessing here that Politi was happy to bait him and feed him questions to get answers he wanted to get to make a juicy story. There was no reason to go on the record and rip on the President of the United States. But Pres. Holloway will have to live with what he said. Hopefully, he walks his statements back.

I don't want to be as strong as to say "idiotic." Just guessing here that Politi was happy to bait him and feed him questions to get answers he wanted to get to make a juicy story. There was no reason to go on the record and rip on the President of the United States. But Pres. Holloway will have to live with what he said. Hopefully, he walks his statements back.
Guy seriously needs to learn the term "No Comment" and sometimes silence truly is golden.

how will the media spin the about face? ..more access to testing, or better understanding of the virus in the past month...the change is really about the money, seeing other conferences pay and bleeding AD budgets..

how will the media spin the about face? ..more access to testing, or better understanding of the virus in the past month...the change is really about the money, seeing other conferences pay and bleeding AD budgets..
You hit it, they'll use science with a better understanding of the virus and rapid testing availability as the cure to their ills. But the real scapegoat is their irrational fear driven rash decision.

Guy seriously needs to learn the term "No Comment" and sometimes silence truly is golden.

You were right the first time. It was idiotic to respond the way he did. He's a smart guy. He knew exactly what he was doing. Maybe he didn't think through the consequences. Not only did he alienate a portion of this fan base, but he's going to find out real soon what a hell hole of a political state NJ is. And at some point he's going to need the backing of not only the Democrats, but the Republicans in this state. Dumb move.

Voting No and playing are 2 completely separate decisions of which some clown from NJ News 12 can’t figure out. Ignore Farrell who hates everything about Rutgers. He’s a Dick.
The silly thing is if the B1G gets the 60% of votes to play in October and assuming RU joins them in playing (regardless of whether we vote yes or no on return to play), this really just gets the conference back to where it should have been all along. I understand proceeding with caution and I understand why our conference might be more cautious than the SEC, among others. Instead of last month's vote not to play, the vote should have been to further delay the start of the season and see how other conferences managed (or didn't manage) to successfully play.

Exactly right. Just see the post below.

Hate Rutgers much? Stooge? Decimate. Pay off Greg? Go to court? Can you cite sources for all of this?
Contrare my man... let's compare my love of Rutgers to what you ASSume...started following Rutgers in 1967...Jr. high school... was up until 2 years ago a 42 year season tix holder football and hoops... have donated more $$$$ than most than your average alum ....can proudly say we had enough points to be in any lot except Scarlet...love the school... our history as a University... but Holloway has left me thinking differently.

I'll repeat what I said in the Thamel thread. If the rapid/frequent testing issues are addressed and it sounds like they will be, then Rutgers will be playing football, whether it's starting in late October, Nov or Jan. Holloway was most concerned with the testing issue and we know Schiano and Murphy want to see RU playing, so stop worrying (although I know that comes with the territory given past history).

Are others involved in the upcoming voting decisions or is it just Holloway? Hard for me to believe that RU would make Holloway the sole decision maker here. But I’m not reading that anyone from RU wants to play this Fall. Strangely quiet imo.

Well our biggest donor supports Holloway 100 percent

wasn't Holloway on the medical committee that met yesterday and who we assume is now recommending a re vote? if he's becomes an outlier I would be surprised because he's going to have to denounce that medical committee--and defend his position agressively--not going to happen, we will play if vote passes

I'll repeat what I said in the Thamel thread. If the rapid/frequent testing issues are addressed and it sounds like they will be, then Rutgers will be playing football, whether it's starting in late October, Nov or Jan. Holloway was most concerned with the testing issue and we know Schiano and Murphy want to see RU playing, so stop worrying (although I know that comes with the territory given past history).

Hopefully this is what it comes down to for B1G FB this Fall. Rapid, reliable testing feedback is key to managing outbreaks and everyone plays.

So why do multiple sources say that RU sits out while others in the B1G play?

We all hope that doesn’t happen but the leading indicators, sources including Politi who interviewed Holloway, seem to think that RU may be a No on playing this Fall.

Seems to me that the first few weeks of football and partial campus life Throughout the other regions of the country would have provided important data points that can be used to justify playing or not. Then again, what if Clemson announces 20 positives this week?

And he said as much in his public comments. That’s why the handwringing in this thread is so ridiculous.

Well our biggest donor supports Holloway 100 percent
[/QUOTE To be fair knowing Johnathan Holloway’s history prior to Stanford and Yale started with his birth on Oahu , Hawai’i . His military father‘s connections in government and his trip to where he is today explains some of why this came about... I believe his father was involved in politics and served as a lobbyist... the history tells us in addition to academic prowess he grew up in a very good family but his philosophical direction was fostered by his dad..This entire issue is his personal attempt to make a statement one staunchly anti Trump... It comes out in his writings and articles over time... He doesn’t care about whether you or I have football ...

Played the RU golf course today with a couple of ex-FB players. They did not seem optimistic based on what they heard. BTW, like the course a lot but fairways were a bit chewed up.

Played the RU golf course today with a couple of ex-FB players. They did not seem optimistic based on what they heard. BTW, like the course a lot but fairways were a bit chewed up.
Was the driving range open or still lock up like a prison?

Wisconsin has paused football for two weeks(and maybe PSU) so that may play into what the start date would be if the Big 10 starts up again.

Wisconsin has paused football for two weeks(and maybe PSU) so that may play into what the start date would be if the Big 10 starts up again.
Pause? Why? Why would you be practicing for a season that was canceled? (Yeah yeah winter/spring ball 👌)

Reactions: Knightmoves
There is an incredible amount of stupidity in this thread and frankly I’m embarrassing that you whiney men attended the same school I graduated.

RU may or may not vote against playing. They will play football unless there are large outbreaks in the ACC or SEC in the next few weeks.

Rittenberg says his source says the Presidents did not vote today and discussions continue. Maybe one day.

The B1G needs to do this right. Have a plan in place with robust testing and ways to "bubble" the teams. I have no idea what other conferences are doing as they haven't been transparent, but there is going to be outbreaks in those conferences. If the B1G does it right, there won't be within our conference and the B1G winds up looking like the premier conference.

Reactions: Scarlet83
Maybe all the sad sack Rutgers fans/haters with split personalities can calm down and wait for an actual announcement?

Meanwhile, here is a good sign:

Yes, he could have declined to comment on Trump, but I have zero issue with Holloway's comments. Trump shouldn't be involved in the discussion at all and there's no reason for Holloway to walk anything back, IMO. I like that Holloway showed some balls in calling out Trump's "cheap politics" on this.

Maybe all the sad sack Rutgers fans/haters with split personalities can calm down and wait for an actual announcement?

Meanwhile, here is a good sign:
Was little doubt in my mind that we'd play if the B1G plays and I have no idea why so many have been so worried about it. Getting the votes to have the B1G to play is the only issue and that looks more optimistic now.

Hopefully this is what it comes down to for B1G FB this Fall. Rapid, reliable testing feedback is key to managing outbreaks and everyone plays.

So why do multiple sources say that RU sits out while others in the B1G play?

We all hope that doesn’t happen but the leading indicators, sources including Politi who interviewed Holloway, seem to think that RU may be a No on playing this Fall.
What credible sources have you seen saying RU would not play even if the B1G played? I haven't really paid attention much, since my sources have never said that and the few I've read on line that were credible didn't say that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT