ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten Tournament: Rutgers gets 4-seed, double-bye | Here’s who Scarlet Knights will face in Indianapolis

Instead of celebrating a significant accomplishment by the basketball team, the Star Liar doubles down on their old tricks. The Star Liar projects negative energy once again by raining on Rutgers' parade.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
That article by Brian F, has more drama than a girls 6th grade softball team. 😂😂😂

Reactions: Unionst
Instead of celebrating a significant accomplishment by the basketball team, the Star Liar doubles down on their old tricks. The Star Liar projects negative energy to once again by raining on Rutgers parade.

giphy.gif

EDIT: oops... my bad.. if you type "big ten standings" into chrome search bar you end up with bad info... like that shown below...

Not only that.. but they got to wrong.. there is no TIE for 4th place... we are the only team with 13 wins.. 12-8? Some profesionalism there.

The Scarlet Knights (18-12, 12-8) made history on Sunday, finishing tied for 4th in the Big Ten standing​
What's more.. they suggest we are on track for the 2nd consecutive appearance while most who mentioned the first in X years always pointed out that we would have been in in the canceled year.

So, you'd think a home state paper of record might mention it is more like the 3rd consecutive NCAA tourney season.

The S-L/NJ.com apologists can go straight to hell.. The S-L/NJ.com constantly show us who they are and what they are all about.

Last edited:
Reactions: cubuffsdoug
Talk about being the turd in the punchbowl. With this teams accomplishments this year with many historic moments, this kid's take is "OOOOOh I sure hope we don't have to play Nebraska!!!!!" as the lead topic of his piece?
This kid is actually a RU grad???

Reactions: Plum Street
Instead of celebrating a significant accomplishment by the basketball team, the Star Liar doubles down on their old tricks. The Star Liar projects negative energy once again by raining on Rutgers' parade.

giphy.gif

Your post ignores that there were several articles after the game celebrating the win.

I don’t consider facing Nebraska a disaster scenario, but sheesh tough crowd here

Reactions: mikemarc1
Not only that.. but they got to wrong.. there is no TIE for 4th place... we are the only team with 13 wins.. 12-8? Some profesionalism there.

The Scarlet Knights (18-12, 12-8) made history on Sunday, finishing tied for 4th in the Big Ten standing​
What's more.. they suggest we are on track for the 2nd consecutive appearance while most who mentioned the first in X years always pointed out that we would have been in in the canceled year.

So, you'd think a home state paper of record might mention it is more like the 3rd consecutive NCAA tourney season.

The S-L/NJ.com apologists can go straight to hell.. The S-L/NJ.com constantly show us who they are and what they are all about.
Uh, we ARE 12-8 unless the Big Ten has gone to a 21 game conference schedule. And we are the 4 seed but are tied with Ohio State and Iowa by record. Did you read Politi’s article? You guys with this Star Ledger bashing is bizarre and borderline mental.

Still a little surreal seeing RU seeded 4th with a double-bye. Wasn't that long ago we were happy not being the 14th seed, and then not playing on Wednesday.

RU-Iowa--looking forward to it. to the uniform-tards, RU should wear its home throwbacks from '76.

What is the 13th win?

Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers
Your post ignores that there were several articles after the game celebrating the win.

I don’t consider facing Nebraska a disaster scenario, but sheesh tough crowd here
Was this about the other articles or this one?
It was about this one, which we are focused on now.

Reactions: shields
So each article should be able to stand alone as its own summary of the day’s events and emotions?
Yes just like one crazy comment by one poster isn't a reflection of all posters on this site. Rutgers had worked too hard to overcome the early season problem. Only negative people dwell on BS because they like drama.

He can suit himself. Personally, I think it’s better for us either way if Nebraska wins their first game. A NW loss would be viewed as almost as big a landmine. The quads aren’t end all. If we’re going to be left out because of a first round loss - it wouldn’t matter if it was to NW or Nebraska.

We want Nebraska in the top 135 which they 100% would be with a win over NW and close loss or win over Iowa would get them there for sure. Gives us an extra Q2 win. We also played them twice. NW once.

I would rather play Nebraska on their third consecutive day of likely high energy games than in the first round for sure. Rutgers will be rested and ready.

I get adrenaline but eventually the mind and body tire. Few teams can run that gauntlet through to Sunday.

EDIT: oops... my bad.. if you type "big ten standings" into chrome search bar you end up with bad info... like that shown below...

The Google standings have been a hot mess this week for some reason. Glitches everywhere.

I usually like his stuff but his negative joojoo this year has been a bit extreme

I would rather play Nebraska on their third consecutive day of likely high energy games than in the first round for sure. Rutgers will be rested and ready.

I get adrenaline but eventually the mind and body tire. Few teams can run that gauntlet through to Sunday.
We should have a significant advantage over Nebraska, after they have played two days in a row, no rest
We have no excuse if we lose, and I think we win handily

Reactions: Roy_Faulker
f-em has been my motto since the Josh & Ted days.
Expect the worse from that rag ( fake news site) and b e amazed how they top
your lowest estimation of them by being even worse than you thought they could ever be.

f-em has been my motto since the Josh & Ted days.
Expect the worse from that rag ( fake news site) and b e amazed how they top
your lowest estimation of them by being even worse than you thought they could ever be.
I dropped the Ledger 1n 2009 solely because of that hatchet job - of course by dropping that rag has saved me about $10,000.00. So in a weird way I should be thankful for Josh and Ted's excellent adventure.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT