ADVERTISEMENT

Big10 Tournament Thread: Session 1, 11am , BTN+, Flowrestling:

We need a transfer or anything, something other than what we have at 197 next year. I had high hopes at the beginning of the year for Correnti but it's just not working out.

Thorn is a lanky devil who beat Ash like 7-1 2 or 3 years ago and his length gives him trouble except this year when Ash beat him in dual.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
285, after 2, Colucci tied at 3, lost a pt on locked hands, plus RT locked in

We need a transfer or anything, something other than what we have at 197 next year. I had high hopes at the beginning of the year for Correnti but it's just not working out.
Do you think it is worth another shot to see if he can make heavyweight. I agree it doesnt look like he is going to be a good option at 197.Worse case he is quality depth. It does seem somewhat mental given his frosh season.

Chase Beard was the 125 pounder at beginning of year.
He decided to eat the other backup 125 pounder on the team so he could wrestle heavyweight

Reactions: rondi and koleszar
Bad escape given up by Colluci at end of 2nd up 6-3 in 3rd.

Good job Colucci! Way to go!! Keep it going!

Go RU!
Diane

285, Final, Colucci wins 7-3 !

RU still has 9 guys alive for tonight Session 2 w Suriano and Ashnault in the Semi Finals !

RU currently in 8th place

Reactions: RUTrack94
Do you think it is worth another shot to see if he can make heavyweight. I agree it doesnt look like he is going to be a good option at 197.Worse case he is quality depth. It does seem somewhat mental given his frosh season.
Nah like @bigmatt718 said he's a tweener. It's not his frosh season, he went to NCAA's freshman year. The redshirt year after that was a complete and utter disaster. Now this year everyone was waiting for him to come on but he never did and had more WTF moments than anything. Maybe he regains his form but I doubt it. He had an entire year to do it and didn't. So it might be time to look elsewhere for the answer.

I will say 1st round wrestle backs was a success with Correnti being the only WTF. So overall good job so far by the team.

Last edited:
I will start a separate thread later for Session 2 which starts at 7pm.

125 Wrestleback: Shane Metzlar vs Drew Mattin , Michigan
133 SemiFinal: Nick Suriano vs Austin DeSanto, Iowa
141 Wrestleback: Peter Lipari vs Max Murrin, Iowa
149 SemiFinal : Anthony Ashnault vs Tom Thorn, Minn
157 Wrestleback; John Van Brill vs G. Parriot , Purdue
165 Wrestleback: Stephan Glasgow vs B Martin , Indiana
174 Wrestleback: Joe Grello vs Ryan Christiansen, Wisconsin
184 Wrestleback: Nick Gravina vs C.Caffey , Mich. St.
285 Wrestleback: Chris Colucci vs D.Jensen, Nebraska

Nah like @bigmatt718 said he's a tweener. It's not his frosh season, he went to NCAA's freshman year. The redshirt year after that was a complete and utter disaster. Now this year everyone was waiting for him to come on but he never did and had more WTF moments than anything. Maybe he regains his form but I doubt it. He had an entire year to do it and didn't. So it might be time to look elsewhere for the answer.

I will say 1st round wrestle backs was a success with Correnti being the only WTF. So overall good job so far for the team.

I agree. I was saying as frosh he was better. He may be having, compounded with a confidence issue, harder time cutting to the weight after trying to go to heavyweight. Either way it appears he isnt an answer, which is rough given how highly rated he mulligan and grello were.

Try work ethic
It seems to a problem with our redshirts

Morning session went as expected

ok round save for 197. on par with realistic expectations. Consolation matches on all four mats beginning at 7 p.m. EST, and then semis will start feeding onto the mats around 8:30 p.m. EST.
Don't forget about Daylight savings tonight!
Go RU !!

Reactions: rondi and Abro1975
Thorn is a lanky devil who beat Ash like 7-1 2 or 3 years ago and his length gives him trouble except this year when Ash beat him in dual.

Thorn is not the same wrestler he was a few years ago. Slight nerves for this one given his history with that body type, but I have a feeling he's going to tee off on Thorns lanky legs with that ankle pick again.

I hoping Nicky gives a good butt whipping to Desanto tonight. I'm thinking he will be laser focused and I hope he smartly takes it to him in a relentless fashion. Time to avenge the debacle in Iowa!!

If he can come on strong and win this tournament, he's the second seed going into the NCAA. I honestly think he takes Desanto by a few take towns tonight. Micic is the one I would love to see him win.

Reactions: LETSGORU91
He wrestled fine. Fought off some tough scrambles and scored several nice TDs with a good solid ride. Wrestled smart at the end. All good in my book. I mean he just spanked a kid who gave him a real scare a few weeks ago.

Aside for a few nerves after the 1st period, at no time did I feel Ashnault was in trouble. This season he’s learned how to win the close ones and that is what makes a champion a champion.
Ash is fine ... it is rare for any individual or team to not have close calls on the way to a championship ... I expect him to rock it tonight!!!!!

If he can come on strong and win this tournament, he's the second seed going into the NCAA. I honestly think he takes Desanto by a few take towns tonight. Micic is the one I would love to see him win.
Lots of faith in Nick ... the dude outworks everyone and I’m looking forward to this rematch!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT