Biggest football related pet peeve

theRU

All American
Gold Member
Dec 17, 2008
Aliso Viejo, CA
For me...

1. Posing after first downs
1a. The loose flapping gloves.. I mean just cut off the flaps if you feel you need to leave them undone. Don't get it
1b. Dropping the ball while crossing the goaline... I mean dumb shits really when it costs you a td

2. Anything OBJ does... Especially his excessive attempts at one handed catches

For me...

1a. The loose flapping gloves.. I mean just cut off the flaps if you feel you need to leave them undone. Don't get it

Good list, I’d add:

3. Elaborate TD celebration when your team is down by 3 scores with under a minute left in the game.

For me...

1b. Dropping the ball while crossing the goaline... I mean dumb shits really when it costs you a td

For me: People always stand up in front of me when we score touchdowns.Why do we have to score so many times?(I am looking into the FUTURE.AND I would gladly stand,if I could go to the games.)

Reactions: mdh2003
1. People complaining about football related issues.

Team A drives from their 1 yard line all the way down to Team B's 1 yard line -- I mean, really worked for it on this drive (although it could have been just one long play, as well). Team A running back is going in for score, and fumbles the ball -- it trickles into and out of the end zone. Team B gets the ball on the 20?! I mean, yeah, it's a bonehead play, fumbling out of the end zone, but maybe team A should get it back at the 20? It's not like the other team actually recovered it . . .

For me...

giphy.gif

iowa-drops-the-ball.gif

tenor.gif

For me...

Another great thing about Schiano. He doesn't tolerate any of this crap.

I don't have much to complain about the game itself. However, when players introduce themselves in those little videos, could some of them please speak the English language?

Why is a player ejected for targeting in college but is not in the NFL?

I think NFL should also eject the player.

I HATE IT when a QB takes a sack on 4th down late in the game instead of just throwing up a prayer towards a receiver.

Just happened in the Eagles game.

You have to tell yourself before the 4th down play, DO NOT TAKE A SACK!!!!

Why the heck does this happen so often???

super duper homer fans that can't see ANYTHING wrong with their favorite team regardless of how much said team sucks (a few posters here are like that)

Reactions: Doteman
forward progress. just mark the spot where the ball actually is when u hit the ground.

This is needed. In theory, defenders could pick up and carry a ball carrier back 30 yards and then put him on the ground

Placing the ball on the 20 after a missed FG inside the red zone. Can someone explain that one to me?

Back when dinosaurs ruled the Earth, a missed field goal did not come back to the spot of the hold. It was considered in the same category as a kick-off. If it goes out the back of the end zone, it came out to the 20 yard line (now the 25 for normal kickoffs that turn into touchbacks).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT