ADVERTISEMENT

BigTen Home and Road Opponents Announced

“Folks who have been buying season tickets and parking tags since the RAC opened”?
Just because you or anybody has owned tickets for any length of time doesn’t mean they’re going to be upset about MSG.

Purpose of my post was, yes, there will be some that are upset or will complain about it, and for those if you in that boat, why don’t you go through the stages of complaining/grief now.

Also, guess what? You’re in the minority.
  • Pike wants it
  • the players want it
  • the athletics department wants it
  • AND more fans want it than the number that doesn’t want it.

ALL Conference games should be played AT HOME and NOT on a neutral floor unless EVERY team does it
I agree with that!*

* Unless you can play a home game an hour from you, in the country’s most populated city, in a venue regularly called “the Mecca” by many professional nba players and those around bball.

Reactions: RutgHoops
The stuff about Pike wanting to play UCLA at the Garden is party line stuff. I do not believe it. Mick Cronin for sure.

Reactions: bac2therac
The stuff about Pike wanting to play UCLA at the Garden is party line stuff. I do not believe it. Mick Cronin for sure.
If you told me there was 1 RU Mbb head or assistant coach or player that did NOT want to play a game, any game, even a home game, at MSG this season, I would NOT believe it.

Last edited:
Still going to be some complainers but prepare for it now. There will be more publicity and eyeballs at msg on a Saturday. Pike wants to play there. The players want to play there.
It’s a great place to watch a Rutgers game!
If it’s going to happen, we will paint the city and MSG full on scarlet.

Last edited:
Playing Rutgers home games at MSG is a Big Ten idea, it didn’t originate at Rutgers.
The NY Times gets it almost right. Rutgers Men’s Basketball Turns the Garden Red (they meant to say Scarlet) for One Day.
Rutgers will never be NYC’s team.

Who was the clueless ass-clown announcer for the game at MSG vs. Mich. State who said something to the effect of:

"Michigan State will take over MSG because they have a large following in N.Y. !!! Any fans you see wearing Red and probably St. John's fans." (As the camera scans the see of Red).

• Haha
Reactions: Local Shill
Who was the clueless ass-clown announcer for the game at MSG vs. Mich. State who said something to the effect of:

"Michigan State will take over MSG because they have a large following in N.Y. !!! Any fans you see wearing Red and probably St. John's fans." (As the camera scans the see of Red).
Donny Marshall. Clown.

On other hand you had Matt Norlander with this:

Biggest takeaway. Michigan State is finally coming back to the RAC so @G- RUnit can at long last remove his tin foil hat!
Just because you’re paranoid, doesn’t mean that they are not after you!! ;-)

Still haven’t made up that MSG game either!

Can’t wait till we give up UCLA home game to MSG! ;-)

So was the next to last regular season game, LIU.
I was at that LIU game at MSG as a 14 year old. LIU played well, kept within 10 points, but we just had too much offense and won handily. Something like 102-84 was the final, totally going by memory.

I liked the drumbeat that the LIU pep band drummer constantly did when LIU had the ball in the half court. I still remember the drum rif.

Playing Rutgers home games at MSG is a Big Ten idea, it didn’t originate at Rutgers.
The NY Times gets it almost right. Rutgers Men’s Basketball Turns the Garden Red (they meant to say Scarlet) for One Day.
Rutgers will never be NYC’s team.
should be noted that Rutgers coach Steve Pikiell said in March that “I’m trying to get a Big Ten game at Madison Square Garden...We’d have to give up a home game (at Jersey Mike's Arena in Piscataway), but I think that would be a good thing for our alums in the area. I’m hoping that can happen, but there are a lot of moving parts there.”. You are very wrong on this one.

• Haha
Reactions: rubigtimenow
should be noted that Rutgers coach Steve Pikiell said in March that “I’m trying to get a Big Ten game at Madison Square Garden...We’d have to give up a home game (at Jersey Mike's Arena in Piscataway), but I think that would be a good thing for our alums in the area. I’m hoping that can happen, but there are a lot of moving parts there.”. You are very wrong on this one.
Party line stuff by Pike. Get Pike over a beer, not at a public announcement or interview. Hobbs is calling the shots. Good for the Athletics Dept. bottom line, not the won-loss record.

He went out of his way to bring it up. It wasn't an answer to a question. So, you guys believe our coach without being asked just spews things he doesn't believe? Pike said to himself, " I really only want to play at the RAC, but let me tell some reporter that I want to move a game to MSG without being asked"?

Reactions: rubigtimenow
He went out of his way to bring it up. It wasn't an answer to a question. So, you guys believe our coach without being asked just spews things he doesn't believe? Pike said to himself, " I really only want to play at the RAC, but let me tell some reporter that I want to move a game to MSG without being asked"?
If he knows that his boss, our AD, made a commitment to the game, he has to put a positive spin on it. I wonder what other Big Ten home games he’d like to give up so that he can keep his players happy and showcase his team at MSG?

• Haha
Reactions: Luvscarletknights
I noticed from the schedule posted from the B1G website that the four West Coast teams have all of the home-and-home pairings with one another. I think that makes good sense since it reduces by 1, 2, or 3 the number of cross-country trips that each has to make. Instead, each will have 7 cross-country trips. I wonder if that will continue after the first season.

As for RU's long history (since 1966 as a regular feature) with MSG, most of those games, other than those against local teams with RU as the "away" team, would not have been scheduled had they not been played at the Garden.

Playing B1G home games there is another matter. Has any other B1G team played one or more of their conference home games there or, perhaps, at another major neutral site area?

Reactions: G- RUnit

Yes

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT