ADVERTISEMENT

BigTen Restarting On October 24

Hopefully GS can do a better job keeping his kids from being idiots and keeping the team Covid-free. That's probably the biggest thing they can do to be somewhat competitive in this stacked season.

It was announced at the beginning that teams need to play at least 8 games to qualify for the playoffs. The B1G doesn't have any wiggle room.

Those highly ranked B1G teams like Ohio State or Wisconsin will not be punished as long as they meet that requirement.
They could push back play-off announcement one week to accommodate.

Do you realize that the countries who signed the treaties never have been in any war witrh each other. So you can't talk about Mid-East peace, the entire thing is a political ploy to aid Trump's reelection campaign. Trump d avoided the real issues: solution for the displaced and countryless Palestineans and dealing with Hamas and Iran. Nominating Trump for Nobel Peace price for this political showmanship is just as worthy as nominating and awarding the Nobel Peace price for Obama for nothing!

Your post topic, and a follow on discussion does not belong in this thread, but it is hard to imagine a viewpoint more clouded by one's political beliefs.

Let's just stick to the Big Ten playing football. Now that there is football to discuss it is time for all of the political and OT stuff to leave the board.

Reactions: St_Henry_Buckeye
Will everyone here who crucified Rutgers for not playing if the B1G re-started be making an apology today?
Why would they? Pretty sure any crucifixion cries were conditional. The condition was not met.

Reactions: Greg2020
That condition was never going to be met but they wanted to project and complain anyway because of certain reasons.
Well, there is always a reason for everything.

Regardless, knowing how abysmal RU has historically been at making Athletics decisions AND the general chaos right now, I can’t see how anyone would use absolutes either way here.

So what will happen when the unavoidable first game or more have to be canceled because of some perceived “oh shit” outbreak? At least everyone else playing has built-in room (like BYU Army moved to Thanksgiving weekend). At that point is 7 games enough?

The entertainment value of this cluster is ongoing!

Playing games for everyone will be a week to week situation Imo.

I can see RU starting the season, then Holloway will opt us out of the rest of the games as soon as there’s an uptick anywhere on campus or in B1G states. Each school decides when they want to sit out. So this may not last long but at least we should get started.

Playing games for everyone will be a week to week situation Imo.

I can see RU starting the season, then Holloway will opt us out of the rest of the games as soon as there’s an uptick anywhere on campus or in B1G states. Each school decides when they want to sit out. So this may not last long but at least we should get started.
Game 2 comes days after the election 😉that adds spiciness to it all!

So now it’s OCT 24!

LOL...the lack of wiggle room is hilarious...NO bye weeks, no room for making up canceled games!

That’s an 8 game season ***IF*** everything goes perfect and no one freaks the eff out.

The B1G is a cluster.

Where the *!+# is Warren? Shouldn’t HE be out in front of all of this...? It is his conference to preside over and lead...awful

Delany must be furious at what this new guy is doing.

Even on the PAC-12 sites the PAC-12 fans are (a) not giving a shit, and (b) laughing at the Big Ten. Someone should have led them off the cliff years ago. Bring on the AAC.

This feels a lot like something you made up in hopes no one would check.

I checked; it's incorrect.

Reactions: Greg2020
Huh?? They are making a boat load of money, more than any alternative. Are in the best overall conference in the country. The best fit for the University. The condition was met the day they joined. Don't like it root for Temple or UConn!
Your ability to not follow a conversation is fascinating.

You would take this sentence: “Some, but not all, owners of big dogs drive around in very big cars.“

And drop all context and few words to get: “All dogs drive around in cars.”

Then, of course, you’d blow your top about it. Magnifico!

Reactions: fsg2
Your ability to not follow a conversation is fascinating.

You would take this sentence: “Some, but not all, owners of big dogs drive around in very big cars.“

And drop all context and few words to get: “All dogs drive around in cars.”

Then, of course, you’d blow your top about it. Magnifico!
No dog in this fight...pun intended...but that’s just funny right there!

Reactions: mdh2003
Trump-Heisman-1-1024x576.jpg

Triggering potential is high with this so just for fun ☺🥳

I hope Desmond Howard and the Michigan governor had it sent to them a lot!

What a mess. Why the late start.
Whoa, Lets not complain. We were talking about playing in spring which would have been an even bigger CF. Lets see if we can even get part of this season completed. My feeling is if there is even a small spike in Covid cases they are going to shut this down asap! I would like to see at least four completed games before they shut it down.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT