ADVERTISEMENT

BigTen's Pending Cancelation of Football

Where do you see Big 10 being the lone wolf? Everything I have seen is Big 10 and PAC-12.

In the minds of the B1G presidents, there is only one alpha, omega, and everything in between. And it ain't the SEC.
In the minds of the BIg 10 they’re the alpha. That’s the problem

In the minds of the fans and in the minds of public perception and in the minds of the NFL, SEC is alpha

Reactions: Ronnie_B
Someone posted a link to an updated DFP article in the other thread.
Formal vote from B1G presidents expected at 6:00 PM.
THANK YOU... was wondering why I couldn't find a thread about the big announcement which was supposedly a sure thing. Is it such a touch and go thing that they gave it an extra day to see if some miracle cure came along?

In the minds of the BIg 10 they’re the alpha. That’s the problem

In the minds of the fans and in the minds of public perception and in the minds of the NFL, SEC is alpha

Who cares about "public perception."

B1G brings in more money. Bottom line.

Reactions: Greg2020
Greg is wisely very cautious and quiet. This is not his first rodeo and he is better off staying quiet and letting things play out!
He could be very careful in phrasing some support to play publicly, i.e. "..if B1G shuts down I will work with the RU Admin, our medical community and other football programs that would want to play in the safest possible environment..."

Reactions: BROTHERSKINNY
He could be very careful in phrasing some support to play publicly, i.e. "..if B1G shuts down I will work with the RU Admin, our medical community and other football programs that would want to play in the safest possible environment..."
The fact that individual coaches are saying their team will play, like Frost at Nebraska, is showing you that the new BiG Commissioner is behind the curve on this situation.

The fact that individual coaches are saying their team will play, like Frost at Nebraska, is showing you that the new BiG Commissioner is behind the curve on this situation.
I'm sure the new Commish is under tremendous political pressure to at least delay the season start.

You’re not the only one to notice.

I'm eager to see young men who sit in the desks I did and the same dorms and will one day hold the same degree I do not get lifetime heart disease so I and others have 10 Saturdays of entertainment.

Do you not think that everyone here wishes that they were allowed to tailgate, go to concerts, go to indoor bars and restaurants and not be banned from entering the developed world?

It's beyond ridiculous. Maybe those "noticing" should instead notice how Europeans will begin letting fans into soccer games (France has already) and how they're at bars and restaurants and traveling the world for vacation. That's worth a real look.

I'm eager to see young men who sit in the desks I did and the same dorms and will one day hold the same degree I do not get lifetime heart disease so I and others have 10 Saturdays of entertainment.

Do you not think that everyone here wishes that they were allowed to tailgate, go to concerts, go to indoor bars and restaurants and not be banned from entering the developed world?

It's beyond ridiculous. Maybe those "noticing" should instead notice how Europeans will begin letting fans into soccer games (France has already) and how they're at bars and restaurants and traveling the world for vacation. That's worth a real look.
This is an extension of the no sacrifice generation. It goes back to George W Bush exalting to US population “ go shopping” to help in the War on Terror.

IF 95% of the US public wore masks from April-August (by federal and state decree), we’d be watching watching RU play in 3 weeks.

Last edited:
This is an extension of the no sacrifice generation. It goes back to George W Bush exalting to US population “ go shopping” to help in the War on Terror.

IF 95% of the US public wore masks from April-August (by federal and state decree), we’d be watching watching RU play in 3 weeks.

Or if FL/TX/AZ had shut down when NY/NJ did mask wearing would be a limited thing and we'd be back to relative normal. But no they had to reopen in April and not just reopen but inside bars etc.

Most of what coaches say publicly are for effect and for their team's benefit. How many OOC games can Nebraska play if only the ACC and Big 12 are playing OOC games? How much money will they squander with no TV contract while playing in front of a half-full stadium? I'll believe Nebraska will play when I see it if the B1G cancels the season.

Last week the conference released their updated schedule to begin on September 5. That was after the ACC and SEC released their updated schedules two begin two and three weeks later than that respectively. It is not a good look if the conference decides to delay the opening of the season shortly after releasing an updated schedule. That seems like something the Big East would do.

Seems like the BiG wants other conferences to take their ball home too.

Kevin Warren doesn't have the relationships that Delany had with other conferences.

The disaster scenario is that the Big 12 ACC and SEC forge on and the BiG Transfer portal crashes due to hundreds of BiG players transferring out immediately to play elsewhere in 2020.

Seems like the BiG wants other conferences to take their ball home too.

Kevin Warren doesn't have the relationships that Delany had with other conferences.

The disaster scenario is that the Big 12 ACC and SEC forge on and the BiG Transfer portal crashes due to hundreds of BiG players transferring out immediately to play elsewhere in 2020.
Thats exactly what Ron Desantis just said at the Governors Roundtable on college sports (live now). He welcomed players from other teams to FL State

I don't think this is nearly as hard as everyone seems to be making it. These colleges have almost unlimited resources. At each school have the athletes and coaches placed into exclusive housing for the next 3 months. It's 3 months -- not a lifetime. Give the athletes the ability to take school remotely for the fall semester, which a lot of schools are already doing. In fact, even better if they're the only ones on campus because less people around. Bubble them. If a kid break the bubble he's out for the rest of the season.

Put a pause on the season for 30 days to reevaluate in mid-September. Institute this now and test like crazy. By mid-September you'll have more than enough data to determine if you have effectively killed the virus among the team members. If the answer is yes you move forward. If not, you call off the season.

rediculous and unprovable "fact". we were told NOT to buy masks to wear in April.

And there were no masks to buy, China, the world and health care entities having bought them up.

And Bush encouraging people to go about their lives despite 9-11.. why was that a bad thing?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT