ADVERTISEMENT

Blair Academy Wrestling hazing allegations

Leonard23

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006

This doesn't sound good and it's pretty easy to figure out who it is. Not the best reporting to provide that many details about the victim. If these allegations are true, I'm shocked Antonelli was allowed to step down as HC and slide into an assistant coach and assistant AD role.

Some excerpts (plenty more allegations in the article):

A former grappler on Blair Academy's wrestling team is suing the elite boarding school in Warren County, claiming coaches and administrators turned a blind eye while he was subjected to years of hazing and sexual assaults by fellow wrestlers.

Shortly after joining the team as a freshman in 2016, the student was assaulted by two upperclassmen on a trip to a wrestling competition, when the two teammates forced him into a bed and later pulled him into a shower and stripped off his clothes, according to a lawsuit filed last month.

When the student reported the attacks to then-head wrestling coach Brian Antonelli, Antonelli laughed off the claims and dismissed hazing incidents as "rites of passage," according to the complaint...

• Wow
Reactions: Clearscreen25
I make an observation about possible flaws in our program and get lambasted. Crackers makes a prediction and gets berated and mocked. Then this... and nothing? I'm still getting to know people here.
So I don't like Blair and you think I deserve to be lambasted. It's a high school wrestling program which I dislike since they look down on Rutgers Wrestling, big fvcking deal. Are you a big high school wrestling fan? Then go to that board and post. In case you haven't noticed you're on the Rutgers wrestling forum. Not the Blair Academy forum.

I make an observation about possible flaws in our program and get lambasted. Crackers makes a prediction and gets berated and mocked. Then this... and nothing? I'm still getting to know people here.
How the hell did I get dragged into this. Because I'm a controversial figure, who probably has a much more decorated career than most of you, I didnt bring anything up about this kid but I somehow get brought into it ....okay ....that make sense.

Reactions: Jcs78
What I find interesting in the write up is that he must have been targeted ALL 4 years even as a senior which is strange. That is not a right of passage. Also, why would the parents keep him there for 4 years after the first year’s hazing? If it were my kid, his ass would have been gone that December after the first incident!!

What I find interesting in the write up is that he must have been targeted ALL 4 years even as a senior which is strange. That is not a right of passage. Also, why would the parents keep him there for 4 years after the first year’s hazing? If it were my kid, his ass would have been gone that December after the first incident!!
Exactly what I thought when reading. The situation would have been dealt with immediately.

I have spent many hours in locker rooms from grade school to college. I can't remember any incidents where there was someone senior getting "hazed." Something does not add up.

So I don't like Blair and you think I deserve to be lambasted. It's a high school wrestling program which I dislike since they look down on Rutgers Wrestling, big fvcking deal. Are you a big high school wrestling fan? Then go to that board and post. In case you haven't noticed you're on the Rutgers wrestling forum. Not the Blair Academy forum.
What? You're the one who brought up Blair, not me. Disliking them is okay, you hope they burn down. That doesn't sound a tad extreme and inappropriate? Your response is missing the point by miles. You're right, this is the Rutgers forum and you posted hate about Blair.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT