ADVERTISEMENT

Football Bo Melton to Seattle Seahawks

There were still 5-6WRs rated ahead of him.. and Seahawks had another pick in the 7th.. so Seahawks must have rated him higher than most. Good for Bo!

BTW: this is how CBS experts discounted his speed at teh combine..

"Gadget type in college who ran super-fast at the combine but doesn't play to that speed on the field. Tiny frame and plays to it. Battles after the catch and flashed a bit in that area but not incredibly elusive."

Bo Melton is the 26th WR drafted this year.. considering the anemic offense he came from.. that speaks highly for him.

Last edited:
At that round the player is better off not being drafted and picking a team to sign with.
Yeah, I always thought that too. But in this case, I think the need is there. Even if it doesn’t work out in Seattle, I think Bo is very versatile and will find a home.

Reactions: cicero grimes
Don't forget he also does returns
Not every WR does that
He'll do ok
RU had no #2 threat once Crook went down and defenses were all over Melton in RU's short passing range

"Melton is an undersized receiver with the second gear to pull away from pursuit after the catch, in the return game and as a ball carrier. He's at his best catching screens and running vertical routes at this point. He's a shorter target with shorter arms and doesn't always catch the ball clean, but he doesn't drop many balls either. -- Steve Muench"

Yeah, I always thought that too. But in this case, I think the need is there. Even if it doesn’t work out in Seattle, I think Bo is very versatile and will find a home.

Well if it is for him he should be fine - but maybe there's a team closer to home that could have used him too.

He he got drafted and is continuing his dream.

If I still watched the NFL I'd be bummed because being on the West Coast I wouldn't see much of him. But since I no longer watch I guess I'll see highlights posted here.

Congrats and stay safe Bo!

"Gadget type in college who ran super-fast at the combine but doesn't play to that speed on the field. Tiny frame and plays to it. Battles after the catch and flashed a bit in that area but not incredibly elusive. (Chris Trapasso)"

"Gadget type in college who ran super-fast at the combine but doesn't play to that speed on the field. Tiny frame and plays to it. Battles after the catch and flashed a bit in that area but not incredibly elusive. (Chris Trapasso)"
Yikes

Don't forget he also does returns
Not every WR does that
He'll do ok
RU had no #2 threat once Crook went down and defenses were all over Melton in RU's short passing range

"Melton is an undersized receiver with the second gear to pull away from pursuit after the catch, in the return game and as a ball carrier. He's at his best catching screens and running vertical routes at this point. He's a shorter target with shorter arms and doesn't always catch the ball clean, but he doesn't drop many balls either. -- Steve Muench"
I know people have been lukewarm on Gleason so far, but he did give Bo some good NFL film to shop around based on how he was deployed.

Who’s that? Is he like a younger Jerry Palm over there?

• Haha
Reactions: runrutgersrun
There were still 5-6WRs rated ahead of him.. and Seahawks had another pick in the 7th.. so Seahawks must have rated him higher than most. Good for Bo!

BTW: this is how CBS experts discounted his speed at teh combine..

"Gadget type in college who ran super-fast at the combine but doesn't play to that speed on the field. Tiny frame and plays to it. Battles after the catch and flashed a bit in that area but not incredibly elusive."

Bo Melton is the 26th WR drafted this year.. considering the anemic offense he came from.. that speaks highly for him.

Yet he was Mel's top undrafted prospect for about 30 picks.

Well if it is for him he should be fine - but maybe there's a team closer to home that could have used him too.

He he got drafted and is continuing his dream.

If I still watched the NFL I'd be bummed because being on the West Coast I wouldn't see much of him. But since I no longer watch I guess I'll see highlights posted here.

Congrats and stay safe Bo!

I like BO and he helped the program. But his pro future is far more likely to mimic Caroo's than it is Britt's.

““All I want people to see is God through me, and know that he is real.’”
—Bo Melton

I wonder if Schiano and Gleeson had not arrived, had Bo and Pacheco have been close to being drafted. They would probably have needed to transfer out to have a chance. I think it bodes well for the future.

So this will be our second draft pick by Seattle (Mike Teel being the first) if I’m remembering correctly

IDK- CBS Sports tracker gave the pick a C+ grade. Don't shoot the messenger.
if you expanded the pick in the CBS draft tracker you'd get something better than some asswipes blogging reaction after blogging the draft for marathon hours having to say something about and grade every pick. The prepared description of him is much more fair and in some cases shows the OPPOSITE of what the blogger said...

Draft Scouting Report:

Rating:
71.05 (Chance to start)

Pro Comparison: Phillip Dorsett

Strengths:

Willing blocker. Physical through his routes. Good footwork to create separation and knows what to do with the ball after the catch. Great top-end speed. Not afraid to make a contested catch. Great leadership.

Weaknesses:

Traditionally undersized. Physical cornerbacks can knock him off his routes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT