ADVERTISEMENT

Thud 📉 Yara leaving

Great News.

If Turley comes back, have Poz drop back to 184, Soldano redshirt then just need to find a 165, 197 and possibly a 157. Have Poz wrestling at his best weight that kid is a high 184 AA. They should not be clearing space for Soldano and he either redshirts or sits behind Poz. A lot less question marks to answer next year.

Last edited:
Great News.

If Turley comes back, have Poz drop back to 184, Soldano redshirt then just need to find a 165, 197 and possibly a 157. Have Poz wrestling at his best weight that kid is a high 184 AA. They should not be clearing space for Soldano and he either redshirts or sits behind Poz. A lot less question marks to answer next year.
Does Buchanan at Oklahoma have any eligibility left at 197? OU was good for us in the portal last year with Mitch Moore. I wouldn't mind using them again as our farm team lol.

Does Buchanan at Oklahoma have any eligibility left at 197? OU was good for us in the portal last year with Mitch Moore. I wouldn't mind using them again as our farm team lol.
Yes, Buchanan has another year. I just don't see Poz getting strong enough in one year to close the gap at the weight. He can get to any shot he wants, he's quick and slick enough for that. Where he struggles is he's not strong enough at this weight to finish a high number of them.

Jacob Cardenas, 4th place at 197 for Cornell. 8th place last year.

Chris Foca, 3rd place at 174 for Cornell last year. Blood round this year at 184.

Each will graduate and have one year of eligibility left. Were stars at Bergen Catholic.

Both could be portal options if Soldano redshirts and/or Poz drops to 184.
I'm sure the usual schools like Iowa and Michigan will be throwing big $ at AA transfers to fill/upgrade open weights. Wouldn't be surprised if someone asks Foca to go 174 again. Would he? Btw, it's wild that Cornell has 40 wrestlers on its roster while we have 30.

Pipe dream is Soldano redshirts, Poz drops back to 184, Foca comes in and drops back to 174, Cardenas comes in at 197.

Doesn’t solve the 165 mess but Clark returns at 157 or Harer can slide in there.

Pipe dream is Soldano redshirts, Poz drops back to 184, Foca comes in and drops back to 174, Cardenas comes in at 197.

Doesn’t solve the 165 mess but Clark returns at 157 or Harer can slide in there.
Cardenas is done at Cornell and will enter portal. I was told Foca will be back at Cornell next year. I think he was enrolled one semester his frosh year and will come back 2nd semester next season.

Doesn’t solve the 165 mess
At this point just get someone who can make Nationals, for last year that would be B1G Top 10. This weight has been such an enigma for too long. Get a kid like that and a lot of us would be satisfied.

Reactions: bigmatt718
I hope Soldano isn't shy about wrestling after that injury. I don't see him cutting to 174, and I certainly don't see him going to 197. I once thought he could, but I wasn't aware of how small he was in comparison to others. Poz should stay at 197, and he and Soldano need to gain strength and confidence. Strength is measurable, so take some baseline measurements and set objectives.

What is the outlook for Packer? And Blanchette is coming in. He will likely find it more difficult outside of New England, but if Turley leaves, it's Blanchette or Walsh. I hope to see Harer starting at 157 unless he fills the 165 spot.

I hope Soldano isn't shy about wrestling after that injury. I don't see him cutting to 174, and I certainly don't see him going to 197. I once thought he could, but I wasn't aware of how small he was in comparison to others. Poz should stay at 197, and he and Soldano need to gain strength and confidence. Strength is measurable, so take some baseline measurements and set objectives.

What is the outlook for Packer? And Blanchette is coming in. He will likely find it more difficult outside of New England, but if Turley leaves, it's Blanchette or Walsh. I hope to see Harer starting at 157 unless he fills the 165 spot.
If he doesn't go down he'll never be more than a top 15-20 seed in my opinion. Those big physical 184 pounders are too much for him. Either way I hope he redshirts this year. Poz should probably be back at 184, but who knows if he has any interest in going back down.

If he doesn't go down he'll never be more than a top 15-20 seed in my opinion. Those big physical 184 pounders are too much for him. Either way I hope he redshirts this year. Poz should probably be back at 184, but who knows if he has any interest in going back down.
I think Poz is stuck between weights... has trouble holding 184... But a lil small at 197... hopefully he can bulk up a lil... Agree, Soldano should redshirt to either get stronger... Or work on cutting to 174...

I think Poz is stuck between weights... has trouble holding 184... But a lil small at 197... hopefully he can bulk up a lil... Agree, Soldano should redshirt to either get stronger... Or work on cutting to 174...
Who told you he had trouble holding 184

I know Poz didn't have issues making 184
Then he should go back down. Like I said before, he's quick enough to get in on any shot he wants. He's just not strong enough to finish a high majority of them at 197. On bottom no one can hold him down and his top game is good, but would work better with smaller guys. He goes down to 184 again you're looking at a high NCAA placer. The staff should not be holding a spot at 184 for Soldano.

Then he should go back down. Like I said before, he's quick enough to get in on any shot he wants. He's just not strong enough to finish a high majority of them at 197. On bottom no one can hold him down and his top game is good, but would work better with smaller guys. He goes down to 184 again you're looking at a high NCAA placer. The staff should not be holding a spot at 184 for Soldano.
The irony is Shawver moved up to 133 to make room for Peterson at 125 and Poz moved up to 197 to make room for Soldano at 184.

The irony is Shawver moved up to 133 to make room for Peterson at 125 and Poz moved up to 197 to make room for Soldano at 184.
We now know what's working and what can be tweaked. We need Poz back at his best weight and that's 184. That kid was in deep on so many shots that on a 184 lber he would get, but at 197 he just got smothered. Some of his matches it was ridiculous the amount he would get 6 to 7 great attempts and his opponent just 1 and somehow he would lose just from the sheer size of his opponent.

Who said Shawver moved up to make room for Peterson. Shawver moved up because it was a better weight class for him.

We now know what's working and what can be tweaked. We need Poz back at his best weight and that's 184. That kid was in deep on so many shots that on a 184 lber he would get, but at 197 he just got smothered. Some of his matches it was ridiculous the amount he would get 6 to 7 great attempts and his opponent just 1 and somehow he would lose just from the sheer size of his opponent.
Agree one million percent on Poz.

They never had a wrestle off, but Shawver wrestled 15 matches that year and both entered the Midlands and Peterson made the semis lost, won his consi semis and did not wrestle the 3/4 match. Shawver went 3-2 and DNP. My recollection is it was then decided Peterson would be the starter moving forward.....Shawver not wrestling the 2nd semester, makes a medical very easy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT