ADVERTISEMENT

The Next Three Matches Critical for a Successful Season

bluemountain1967

Sophomore
Feb 8, 2020
These three matches can prove that we can become a consistent a top 10 team. We can position ourselves for a great Big Ten Tournament. Here are the ranked guys we are projected to face against Ohio State, Penn State, and Maryland.

# 13 Peterson: needs to beat #24 McCrone and hang tough with PSU frosh Davis who is #3

If #13 Shawver beats #12 Bouzakis and # 21 Brown he is in good shape. It is even possible he beats #5 Nagar

# 20 Moore faces #3 Mendez and # 2 Bartlett. He needs to beat # 17 Miller

Unranked Cetta faces #9 D’Emilio, #12 Kasak, and #14 Miller. A victory over Miller could mean mean a good Big !0 tourney with opportunity to qualify for NCAAs.

Unranked Desantis or Butler meet #29 Wilcox, #1 Haines & # 23 North. A victory over Wilcox is possible. Wilcox was 3rd team before Sasso got shot and Gallagher got injured.

Unranked White or Gayer have a tough road against former RU recruit # 20 Hepner and super freshman # 7 Mesenbrink

# 13 Turley has # 11 Welsh who is a freshman replacing injured AA Kharchla and # 1 Starocci. A victory over Welsh is within reach.

#21 Soldano needs to beat # 31 Shumate or Rogotzke. These guys replace the injured AA Hoffman. He will also face # 5 Truax.

# 12 Poz # has an easy bout with # 22 Geog, then an impossible match with # 1 Brooks, followed by a critical match with #5 Smith. A victory over Smith means Poz should avoid Brooks prior to the Big 10 finals

# 7 Yara has #12 Feldman, #1 Kerkvliet, and # 25 Nevills. A victory over Feldman means Yara avoids Kerkvliet until Big Ten finals.

The turnaround starts on Sunday against OSU. The coaches and kids know that we lost a major opportunity last Saturday. I can't see them letting an opportunity to beat OSU get away. They are wrestling 3 backups and have 2 All Americans out. OSU is busing to PSU for a Friday night match. Then they must bus to NJ after getting stomped by PSU. Our kids need to perform to save their season. They know it and can do it.

125 RU 3-0 Dean must avoid McCrone's scrambles.

133 RU 6-0 Bouzakis is a tossup. Shawver performs when money is on the line. He forgets last Saturday

141 OSU 6-3 Mendez too much for Moore's headlock

149 OSU 6-7 Cetta is a fighter and doesn't quit. Unfortunately, he gets majored by an AA

157 OSU 6-10 Butler performs well. But not totally back from injury. The bigger Wilcox wins

165 OSU 6 -13 Hepner too much for White or Gayer

174 OSU 6-16 Welsh, the freshman, keeps moving forward and tires Turley

184 RU 9-16 Soldano beats a freshman replacing AA Hoffman

197 RU 12-16 Paz's just misses the major

UNL RU 17-16 Yara beats Feldman with bear hug inside trip and gets the tech.

The good guys redeem last week, and the fans leave excited with high hopes.

Last edited:
The three matches can prove that we can become a consistent a top 10 team. We can position ourselves for a great Big Ten Tournament. Here are the ranked guys we are projected to face against Ohio State, Penn State, and Maryland.

# 13 Peterson: needs to beat #24 McCrone and hang tough with PSU frosh Davis who is #3

If #13 Shawver beats #12 Bouzakis and # 21 Brown he is in good shape. It is even possible he beats #12 Nagar

# 20 Moore faces #3 Mendez and # 2 Bartlett. He needs to beat # 17 Miller

Unranked Cetta faces #9 D’Emilio, #12 Kasak, and #14 Miller #14. A victory over Miller could set him up for the Big 10s

Unranked Desantis or Butler meet #29 Wilcox, #1 Haines & # 23 North.A victory over Wilcox is possible. Wilcox was 3rd team before Sasso got shot and Gallagher got injured.

Unranked White or Gayer have a tough road against former RU recruit # 20 Hepner and super freshman # 7 Mesenbrink

# 13 Turley has # 11 Welsh who is a freshman replacing injured AA Kharchla and # 1 Starocci. A victory over Welsh is within reach.

#21 Soldano needs to beat # 31 Shumate or Rogotzke. These guys replace the njured AA Hoffman. He will also face # 5 Truax.

# 12 Poz # has an easy bout with # 22 Geog, then an impossible match with # 1 Brooks, followed by a critical match with #5 Smith. A victory over Smith means Poz should avoid Brooks prior to the Big 10 finals

# 7 Yara has #12 Feldman, #1 Kerkvliet, and # 25 Nevills. A victory over Feldman means Yara avoids Kerkvliet until Big Ten finals.

The turnaround starts on Sunday against OSU. The coaches and kids know that we lost a major opportunity last Saturday. I can't see them letting an opportunity to beat OSU get away. They are wrestling 3 backups and have 2 All Americans out. OSU is busing to PSU for a Friday night match. Then they must bus to NJ after getting stomped by PSU. Our kids need to perform to save their season. They know it and can do it.

133 RU 6-0 Bouzakis is a tossup. Shawver performs when money is on the line. He forgets last Saturday

149 OSU 6-7 Cetta is a fighter and doesn't quit. Unfortunately, he gets majored by an AA

157 OSU 6-10 Butler performs well. But not totally back from injury. The bigger Wilcox wins

The good guys redeem last week, and the fans leave excited with high hopes.
This is crazy optimistic lol….
-Bouzakis probably has an advantage from neutral but he’s shown he can get ridden.. I give edge Bouzakis unless Shawver can ride him.

-Soldano absolutely does not have it ez.. I think Shumate beat him on his RS.. it was either him or he beat Poz… And Rogotzke just teched the Michigan kid that whooped on Soldano.

-Poz does not have an easy match either.. Geog is capable and in a roster battle rn

- Yara is not teching Feldman… this is a tossup at best . Feldman just beat Davison who beat Yara…

Love the optimism but no way are we beating Ohio state lol..

I don't think people realize how good ohio state is, even with their a young team. They're gonna be deadly in a few years (pretty much already are)

Reactions: Leonard23
I don't think people realize how good ohio state is, even with their a young team. They're gonna be deadly in a few years (pretty much already are)
Yup, they are very good right now. Depending on who actually wrestlers on both sides it can vary, but don't be surprised if we don't win more than 2 or 3 matchups.

This is crazy optimistic lol….
-Bouzakis probably has an advantage from neutral but he’s shown he can get ridden.. I give edge Bouzakis unless Shawver can ride him.

-Soldano absolutely does not have it ez.. I think Shumate beat him on his RS.. it was either him or he beat Poz… And Rogotzke just teched the Michigan kid that whooped on Soldano.

-Poz does not have an easy match either.. Geog is capable and in a roster battle rn

- Yara is not teching Feldman… this is a tossup at best . Feldman just beat Davison who beat Yara…

Love the optimism but no way are we beating Ohio state lol..
Yes, blue... has become such an optimist. Some of that even wore off on me, briefly.

I think anything can happen if Peterson himself believes he can. Otherwise, he'll be too defensive.
Um, Bouzakis was a machine at 125 and top recruit. While he's only one notch above Shawver in the rankings, it'll be a great win for Shawver if he can pull it off, but it will be an upset, not a tossup.
Agree.
Yup, but maybe not a major?
Yup.
Sigh, almost had him.
I'll remain optimistic about Turley. He's approaching his peak, and if he doesn't get pinned during a funk...
I certainly hope so.
I'm with you here.
What? Tech? I'll be happy with a close win. I think Feldman wins this one.

We're not beating OSU. Just make sure to handle business vs Maryland because the fans will absolutely melt down if they lose to them and rightfully so.

Endurance, situational awareness and size/trength. Keep those in mind as we watch at The RAC on Sunday. I'll even add (smart) aggressiveness to the mix. Assessment to follow.

I hear you guys. If we can't beat a team with a bunch of freshman and replacements wrestling, I doubt that this coaching staff ever will. I haven't lost faith. But, I am close to the ledge.

• Haha
Reactions: Leonard23
We're not beating OSU. Just make sure to handle business vs Maryland because the fans will absolutely melt down if they lose to them and rightfully so.
I’m pretty sure Maryland has 1 dual win against Big 10 opponents since joining the conference.

I hear you guys. If we can't beat a team with a bunch of freshman and replacements wrestling, I doubt that this coaching staff ever will. I haven't lost faith. But, I am close to the ledge.
Freshman doesn’t mean as much these days.. like I remember back in the day people had this mindset that in college wrestling you needed to “wait your turn” to be a jr/sr to adapt to college wrestling to start winning or something..

Like we see it every year freshman coming in and winning right away… they come into college better prepared now…. If this isn’t any more apparent enough we got HS Sophmores… beating elite d1 guys now….. there’s probably a handful of high schoolers rn that can probably AA THis season… so yeah forget them needing a RS or needing to be in college rooms for a few years first for succes….anyways those Ohio st freshman r very good and ur underestimating them.

I’m pretty sure Maryland has 1 dual win against Big 10 opponents since joining the conference.
We will crush Maryland.. premier dual will be Poz vs Jaxon Smith.. that’s going be a tough one..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT