ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball BOX SCORE: Rutgers takes down Madrid All-Stars

The biggest benefit in my eyes to the trip is further building chemistry.
. . . .
Yeah, I see that. But, frankly, they have a lot of time together every season without Spain.

Other than offering a great life experience to the players, the best that this trip has to offer is maybe a mention in recruiting--ya know, hey, we do cool stuff like this.

Reactions: Greene Rice FIG
Im disappointed with the piss poor competition. The other team looks like a bunch of guys RU grabbed off the street. Theyre not even matching shorts

If it is like the NU trip the competition increases with every game. The first one NU played they looked like a high school jv team. Last team was better and next one is better yet.(supposedly)

Reactions: rubigtimenow
I think we all know that these games are not to be taken too seriously. However, there are certain stats from the box score that are reliable to a greater extent, such as foul shooting, 3pt shooting, assists, and turnovers, or lesser extent, such as rebounding and 2pt shooting which are more dependent on the level of competition, imo. The recaps are also good, and I'm sure the coaches don't consider these games to be worthless.

Yeah, I see that. But, frankly, they have a lot of time together every season without Spain.

Other than offering a great life experience to the players, the best that this trip has to offer is maybe a mention in recruiting--ya know, hey, we do cool stuff like this.
OMG somebody gets it.

As I bounce from Rivals board to Rivals board I keep reading that these foreign trips are going to "help build team chemistry." These players live together, lift weights together, practice and play pick up games together. Some even have the same classes together. They are around each other pretty much all of the time. If they need a trip to another country to build or further build chemistry then that would be a concern of mine.

OMG somebody gets it.

As I bounce from Rivals board to Rivals board I keep reading that these foreign trips are going to "help build team chemistry." These players live together, lift weights together, practice and play pick up games together. Some even have the same classes together. They are around each other pretty much all of the time. If they need a trip to another country to build or further build chemistry then that would be a concern of mine.

I agree but also disagree with the chemistry part. RU returns a lot of guys so the chemistry and bonding isn’t probably the main goal. However, Nebraska has 11 guys that have only been together for about 2 months maybe. While I realize that they are an outliner to have that many, with the one and done stuff and transfers there are a lot of teams that probably need these for chemistry and to just get to know their teammates. This trip for NU is very important for that stuff vs what RU is going through. JMO

AYN, maybe it was the weird colored ball. lol Not worried, first game with the team and playing in a strange environment. Hope to see some improvement over the next games.

I agree but also disagree with the chemistry part. RU returns a lot of guys so the chemistry and bonding isn’t probably the main goal. However, Nebraska has 11 guys that have only been together for about 2 months maybe. While I realize that they are an outliner to have that many, with the one and done stuff and transfers there are a lot of teams that probably need these for chemistry and to just get to know their teammates. This trip for NU is very important for that stuff vs what RU is going through. JMO
I don't think these trips hurt chemistry but even teams with lots of new players would still be working out, lifting and living together.

I'm not a big believer that trips, in-and-of-themselves don't build chemistry. I took a trip to Cancun with a lady friend for a weekend. No chemistry was built. In fact, the last time I spoke to her was when we got back to Florida and I dropped her off at her apartment.

I don't think these trips hurt chemistry but even teams with lots of new players would still be working out, lifting and living together.

I'm not a big believer that trips, in-and-of-themselves don't build chemistry. I took a trip to Cancun with a lady friend for a weekend. No chemistry was built. In fact, the last time I spoke to her was when we got back to Florida and I dropped her off at her apartment.

I think, I mean I know, you’re doing these types of trips wrong bro haha

Baker, young, Mcconnell, Harper Jr, Yeboah at least fifteen percent of time.

I think, I mean I know, you’re doing these types of trips wrong bro haha
LOL. At the time I wasn't even thinking of taking her to Mexico with me but, we were going out and one of my co-workers ran his mouth and told one of her girlfriends (who actually introduced me to her) & at that point I was kinda suck. Since it was a free trip I figured wtf.

I just watched the highlights from Rutgers and saw three assists from Mulcahy on that limited video. Now sure where the box score was from but he clearly had a better game than the box score indicates.

I find this slightly funny given the debate from a thread 3-4 months ago.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT