ADVERTISEMENT

Brandin Knight Tweet

Even if things hadn't ended in such an abrupt way, I think that Coach might have wanted to see this team through to at least one NCAA appearance/run before leaving.

Brandin made 300k in his first year as an assistant at RU. Jay Young made 230k in his first year as the HC at Fairfield.

I’m sure Brandin would like to be a HC but he’s not going to jump at the first job offered to him.
We need him to help land that 4*/5* PG we haven't had since....ever?

Reactions: RC85

I am a Pitt graduate, and although I had already moved to NJ when Knight played for Pitt, I watched every televised Pitt game for Knights 4 years. Not only was he an incredibly talented player, but a great leader who played with his heart every game. I’m not surprised at all he is a good coach, and Rutgers is lucky to have him. Congratulations Coach Knight.

You can also tell that he's very frustrated that he actually tweeted at that guy. Putting a crook like Wade on there is a freaking joke. Maybe that set him off too. Not only the players lost a big opportunity with the tournament being cancelled but a coach like Knight lost that opportunity to be talked about and recognized in March.

Agreed, but just hope it's not too near future for our own selfish reasons.

I am sure Pitt regrets not hiring him after Dixon. Jamie Dixon was a great regular season coach. Pitt had some really good and tough teams . Knight would have been a seamless transition there.
He will get his shot sonwhere

Always nice to see a fellow Seton Hal Prep grad honored!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT