ADVERTISEMENT

Bringing 16 month old to game. Bag restrictions?

rutalum07

Junior
Gold Member
Oct 22, 2007
What are the restrictions as far as diaper bag, drink, and food for my son who is 16 months old. What can I bring into the game. First game for the little guy. Thanks.

Food bring whatever you want.

Liquid is supposed to be sealed bottles only but I've taken in baby bottles no question. If you wanted to be safe you would bring powder, empty bottle, and sealed water bottles.

I just put it all in plastic bags (supermarket) and been fine. It's clearish.

I'm bringing my five year old grandson to his first game and having some second thoughts. At least he'll remember something about the experience. $$$$

What are the restrictions as far as diaper bag, drink, and food for my son who is 16 months old. What can I bring into the game. First game for the little guy. Thanks.
No need to bring a young baby on a super hot day. Baby won't know what is going on. You may want to reconsider bro.

Reactions: NorthNJRUFan
Because diehard young parents want to go to the game and cant find babysitters or dont trust anyone else with their little ones. Been there and done that - brought my oldest to a game when he was 4 months old but back then strollers were allowed. Having said that, young children for tomorrow's game is not a good idea IMO.

I'm leaving my daughters (4 & 2) at home
With my wife to avoid them being in the heat. We tried last year and it was so
Hot we had to leave in the 2nd quarter. You literally are cooking sitting in the metal bleachers
I would reconsider

I'm bringing my five year old grandson to his first game and having some second thoughts. At least he'll remember something about the experience. $$$$
He will be fine. Big difference in those ages. Bring lots of water in clear bags and get out of sun at half.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Dont do it. I have seen young kids last year get overheated 6 year old so can just imagine a super youngster.

Reactions: NorthNJRUFan

It always amazes me to see people bring infants to sporting events. I just don't get it. Stay home and save your child from the excessive heat, the loud noises and the sun. When I had my first born I immediately realized that I would have to put some of my hobbies on hold. There are so many unbelievably stupid, irresponsible people out there.

Good job? To take a 16 month old to a sporting event, let alone one where there will be oppressive heat? It's terrible parenting. Be a man and watch the game on TV, chief. The OP deserves to get called out.

Good job? To take a 16 month old to a sporting event, let alone one where there will be oppressive heat? It's terrible parenting. Be a man and watch the game on TV, chief. The OP deserves to get called out.

Clearly, Plum Street doesn't have kids .. and is probably a virgin. Which is why he's not Grape Street.

I would imagine that there most definitely ARE restrictions regarding bringing a 16-month old to a game in ANY type of bag.

[cheers]

Reactions: Rufaninga
Don't let history repeat itself ... with a baby, no less!!!

50 attending Rutgers football game overcome by heat

15784567-mmmain.jpg

About 50 fans attending the Rutgers football home opener against Howard at High Point Solutions Stadium in Piscataway today were taken ill with heat-related symptoms. Although none were seriously sick, a few were taken to area hospitals for further observation. (Chris Faytok/The Star-Ledger)
PrintEmail
By Star-Ledger Staff
Follow on Twitter
on September 06, 2014 at 4:23 PM, updated September 06, 2014 at 4:29 PM
blank.gif

blank.gif

blank.gif

blank.gif

0shares

PISCATAWAY — About 50 people attending the Rutgers football game at High Point Solutions Stadium in Piscataway this afternoon were overcome by the heat and were taken to nearby air-conditioned areas and a few of them to area hospitals, a university spokesman said.

No one was seriously ill, the spokesman, Greg Trevor, said.

"In a small number cases, the high heat and humidity aggravated existing medical conditions," he said.

The temperature at the game this afternoon hovered around 90 degrees, although conditions put the heat index at 101, according to data from the Office of the New Jersey State Climatologist.

A crowd of just more than 48,000 attended the game, at which Rutgers defeated Howard 38-25.

To answer your question.... you are definitely putting a 16 month old in a bag.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT