ADVERTISEMENT

Caleb growing

artworks-000059262604-dxscuh-t500x500.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist....

Hes so good man. Hes a tremendous rebounder and defender. And when he catches and shoots from 3 when open its money

He also has good court awareness. I forget which game, but late in the season in the finals seconds of a game, he made a great play grabbing a loose ball and found Myles under the basket for what should have been a dunk.

Myles / Caleb / Harper might be our 3 best players in 2020.

He could end up being the best of the freshman four if he continues to develop
I said pretty much the same thing when we landed him as a recruit that he was a sleeper to have the highest ceiling bc of his all around skill set and length.

I'm so excited to see so many players next season. Caleb could be a 6th man of the year candidate

Reactions: rubigtimenow
He could end up being the best of the freshman four if he continues to develop
He could be the second best, he could be the fourth best, but I don’t think that there is anyway that Harper will not be the best of this very good group when it’s all said and done.

That said, whoever is the fourth of this group might still be pretty damn good.

This is So ironic because I’m at the game where Caleb makes his debut and I’m with my two friends and I’m telling them how great this kid is going to be. They respect my opinion and just like that, Caleb looks like a deer in headlights for the first few minutes and gets yanked after a couple of turnovers. I thought I’d never live it down. Low and behold he proved me right, thank God!

Harper, McConnell and Johnson are all going to be very good. Mathis is very good on defense and drives well. Our sophomore class is very good. As I've said before several prominent people love Caleb's game. I just still don't understand how some still think he might be a guy left out of our rotation.

I really like his game as well. He will play a substantial role over the next few years. He has a ton of talent.

Reactions: Scangg
This is So ironic because I’m at the game where Caleb makes his debut and I’m with my two friends and I’m telling them how great this kid is going to be. They respect my opinion and just like that, Caleb looks like a deer in headlights for the first few minutes and gets yanked after a couple of turnovers. I thought I’d never live it down. Low and behold he proved me right, thank God!

He really struggled early in the year.

He could be the second best, he could be the fourth best, but I don’t think that there is anyway that Harper will not be the best of this very good group when it’s all said and done.

That said, whoever is the fourth of this group might still be pretty damn good.
I would agree with you that at this point it does seem that way and Harper is probably the player that has the best shot of getting drafted since N'Daiye.

However; Caleb is a better ball handler, passer, and most importantly a defender at this point and if Pi is saying he can play the 4 now and he develops an ability to create on is own a little more he could be an absolute matchup nightmare on both ends. I was most impressed with how solid his defense was this year as that's something that usually comes a little later. All in all though, I think all 4 have immense potential and each one of the 4 does something a little different.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT