ADVERTISEMENT

Let’s Just say

zebnatto

All Conference
May 7, 2008
We go into next season with our current roster plus a solid 6’7” experienced jack of all trades, think Akwasi Yeboah type, plus an experienced big man in the middle. A hard worker, think a CJ Gettys type. Satisfied,?good job in the portal? Can we win the conference with that lineup?

We go into next season with our current roster plus a solid 6’7” experienced jack of all trades, think Akwasi Yeboah type, plus an experienced big man in the middle. A hard worker, think a CJ Gettys type. Satisfied,?good job in the portal? Can we win the conference with that lineup?
I love posts like this. So that would give us a rotation of

Portal C
Yeboah clone
Martini
Ace
Dylan
JWill
Acuff
JMike
Lathan/Ogbole
Then Grant/Dortch/Oscar replacement

I really like it. For an A+ I might want a little more dynamic center, but a solid “A” for Pike there

This probably isn’t realistic. Yeboah had an incoming relationship with Pike. I think we can only market a dominant starting position to a 6-7 type if it’s a hybrid role swinging 4-5. It’s going to be hard otherwise to secure a 16+ ppg transfer from a mid major. We wouldn’t have the minutes. Even if we put all eggs in one basket, I’m not sure if we have the money to do better than CJ at center. I hope we do…. But centers are expensive.

Reactions: darkcheck
Also - regarding a center, my take is we should focus on rebounds and not points in the statistics - on a per minute basis. That’s probably the best way to separate the CJ Gettys level contributors from the Ralph Agees. Being able to score on a bad mid major probably doesn’t mean a whole lot.

Too much on paper - how does everyone play together? How quick to does everyone gel.....if ever at all? There is no real base - we are pretty much pressing the reset button and throwing a bunch of players (some highly touted obviously) in a pot and hoping it works out. So tough to tell with the current day Portal - and we are not the only ones dealing with this.

Ace, Dylan and Acuff....
what is their collective 3pt fg% be
25? 30? 35?

Will Ace and Dylan make plays without the ball in their hands and have 2pt FG% in the 50s?

Will Ace and Dylan buy in on the defensive end ? I think yes
Will Ace and Dylan be in the best conditioned shape in their lives? that could dictate how well they shoot it

I know we aren't facing UCONN next year.......
Ace is guarding Caraban
Acuff is guarding Spencer
Dylan is guarding Castle
Jwill is guarding Newton

What kind of energy are they going to have on the offensive end?

Need to be in shape!

Reactions: darkcheck
I know we aren't facing UCONN next year.......
Ace is guarding Caraban
Acuff is guarding Spencer
Dylan is guarding Castle
Jwill is guarding Newton

What kind of energy are they going to have on the offensive end?

Need to be in shape!

It depends how good the D is at forcing turnovers. The issue last year wasn’t just the offense, we also didn’t have the horses to complete simple transition lay ups. It’s hard to build any momentum off of strong D if you fail over and over to turn good D into O. Our last few teams have been missing that JY X factor.

It depends how good the D is at forcing turnovers. The issue last year wasn’t just the offense, we also didn’t have the horses to complete simple transition lay ups. It’s hard to build any momentum off of strong D if you fail over and over to turn good D into O. Our last few teams have been missing that JY X factor.
Need to be in SHAPE to cause turnovers OR just play 26 MPG. If you are tugging on your shorts at the end of the 1st quarter against Ramapo guarding a player that may be on the 2nd unit at Princeton next year that doesn't equate well to next year.

Also - regarding a center, my take is we should focus on rebounds and not points in the statistics - on a per minute basis. That’s probably the best way to separate the CJ Gettys level contributors from the Ralph Agees. Being able to score on a bad mid major probably doesn’t mean a whole lot.
100% correct. We currently have not one experienced player who can rebound. Rebounding (and Defense) from the center and PF position is way more important than scoring next season. That’s why Cliff would have been perfect. Don’t get me wrong, that player needs to better on O than Ogbole. However, If we can’t score with Harper and Ace, we have bigger problems than many thought.

Need to be in SHAPE to cause turnovers OR just play 26 MPG. If you are tugging on your shorts at the end of the 1st quarter against Ramapo guarding a player that may be on the 2nd unit at Princeton next year that doesn't equate well to next year.
Yeah I didn’t get a great feel from Ramapo. But Dylan showed out on D in the All Star game. He looked more than solid. Granted he only played half of the game there.

• Love
Reactions: Greene Rice FIG
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT