ADVERTISEMENT

Silver Linings after Tonight

S_Janowski

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
May 24, 2009
Marlton, NJ
This was by far the most uninspiring and maybe least offensively talented team under Pikiell. A few Silver Linings:

1) Game was on Peacock. Hopefully a very small audience watched that debacle of a game.

2) Transfer Portal. I was never a huge fan of the portal but this thing can’t open soon enough. Assuming Cliff moves on, don’t think we have a single BIG caliber starter on the current roster (yes that includes Jeremiah Williams).

3) The season is over. We have been playing like the worst team in the conference right along with Michigan and thankful this has come to an end.

4) Dylan and Ace cannot come soon enough. Enough said.

This was by far the most uninspiring and maybe least offensively talented team under Pikiell. A few Silver Linings:

1) Game was on Peacock. Hopefully a very small audience watched that debacle of a game.

2) Transfer Portal. I was never a huge fan of the portal but this thing can’t open soon enough. Assuming Cliff moves on, don’t think we have a single BIG caliber starter on the current roster (yes that includes Jeremiah Williams).

3) The season is over. We have been playing like the worst team in the conference right along with Michigan and thankful this has come to an end.

Disagree with your Williams assessment. I think he’s better suited to play point guard but with a better roster I think he’ll be a nice piece of the starting lineup.

Disagree with your Williams assessment. I think he’s better suited to play point guard but with a better roster I think he’ll be a nice piece of the starting lineup.

I’m worried teams figured him out pretty quickly after a few games of tape but you’re probably right…he should be fine with a better supporting cast.

He minimally needs to find a new pair of sneakers. I’ve never seen someone slip around the floor as much as he did.

I’m worried teams figured him out pretty quickly after a few games of tape but you’re probably right…he should be fine with a better supporting cast.

He minimally needs to find a new pair of sneakers. I’ve never seen someone slip around the floor as much as he did.
I actually hope we bring in a quality, legit two guard who can shoot to play with Dylan. I think JWill would be great off the bench if we could bring in an upgraded shooting guard. JWill is clumsy as hell, needs new shoes, doesn’t know how to run correctly, who knows……but I have never seen a guy who falls as much as him.

I think he would probably be better off the bench, prefer someone who spreads the floor better as a starter next year.

Very sad the way the season ended losing 7 of last 8, after getting our hopes up with the impressive four game win streak.

• Sad
Reactions: Scangg

I'm also hoping JWill might have had some 'beginner's luck' when he finally started playing this year and that the quick fall off can at least partially be explained by the need to work some rust off his game. One of the things that contributed to such a disjointed season was availability- we came into the season with several players with injury and/or eligibility issues...no continuity. I don't know how we won four straight games lol. Tough season...hopefully, JWill stays here and stays healthy. He could help everyone find their best roles next season, I think. Go RU!

Reactions: S_Janowski

I don't know what you're watching, J Will is a very good basketball player and will be a big contributor on a winning team next year.

Reactions: shields and Scangg

Yes - that’s exactly what happened but also why he should be fine next season. No kid is going to be able to be a playmaker when they are literally the only offensive threat outside of a center who can dunk.

Reactions: runrutgersrun
Interesting comments in Fonseca article regarding Mag not playing...

Due to his prolonged absence, speculation brewed about Mag electing to preserve his body in the midst of a lost season before entering the transfer portal later this month.

Asked about the speculation, Mag shot back emphatically: “That is false.”

Sitting in a stool nearby, Griffiths came to his veteran teammates’ defense.

“He tries to practice every day and if he’s not feeling good, he’s not feeling good,” Griffiths said. “He tried to practice yesterday, tried to go through shoot around yesterday, he wasn’t feeling good. So he’s not sitting out on purpose. He’s trying every day to come back.”

It seems like a combination of both ends of the spectrum. He tried to play through pain for several games and wasn’t putting up good numbers. Eventually he sat out. Perhaps he could’ve played but would’ve only been at 60-70% and he wasn’t happy with the version of himself at that level so he stopped playing even if that version of himself was still better than some of our other depth options. It’s also certainly possible someone was in his ear about how performing poorly could hurt his stock .

Kind of pointless. Both Paul and Cam told me at an R Fund dinner just days before they got their big NIL offers that they were very happy and looking forward to their senior seasons at RU.
I do think there’s a difference between what you tell some random dude in passing versus what you tell a reporter who is quoting you.

Reactions: Rugwu
I do think there’s a difference between what you tell some random dude in passing versus what you tell a reporter who is quoting you.
True but also things change. You can be very happy but then find out there is something even better. Doesn't mean you weren't happy when you said it

Reactions: cm_13
True but also things change. You can be very happy but then find out there is something even better. Doesn't mean you weren't happy when you said it
Oh for sure. I consider this to be a positive sign but definitely don’t take this to mean they’re 100% back

Kind of pointless. Both Paul and Cam told me at an R Fund dinner just days before they got their big NIL offers that they were very happy and looking forward to their senior seasons at RU.
We were at the same dinner. I remember talking to them about Noah, Cam face timed with my daughter for like 2 minutes (she was his biggest fan) then a week later, poof gone.

Paul walked into my real estate office wanting to buy a house with his NIL money so I was certain he was staying. I owe him a call now that he got 6 figures from UW lol.

• Haha
Reactions: S_Janowski
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT