ADVERTISEMENT

Called it. Does anyone have any doubts now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mods have had a rough year between the rollout of the new format and the nuts banning. Both huge mistakes in my mind.

Reactions: NY AGENTMAN
The way this site has been run in the past year is frustrating. It is very clear what is supported and what isn't. It's also very clear that a handful of people on here (some of whom barely go to a game and don't even donate money) can get away with murder on this site. Several things have caused me to basically stop posting on here and I really don't want to keep subscribing, which is a shame because I think Bobby and Shawn do a very good job. Instead of addressing the concerns I have, I am either asked by John O why I hate Flood (which isn't true contrary to the popular belief of the same select group on here) or the issue is ignored completely.
+1000

For nuts, there was no single incident, no single poster, no single post, that caused his banning. Contrary to what the sky is blue/black/white(question, sky is blue group, are those the "realist", "koolaide" or what?)
There always has to be a final straw. What people think happened, didn't. And that has never been cleared up. I also wouldn't mind nuts back but you can see why he isn't.
The board became more about nuts then football, the mods and owner of this site didn't go a day without a barrage of calls, texts, emails from nuts. And yes, got almost as many about him. But if they got 2 about nuts, they had 10 from him.
But back to sky is blue group? What does that even mean?

Reactions: MADHAT1
Disagree. I feel the board is more balanced than it has been in a long time. Plenty of "negative " people in every thread. Difference is, for the most part the discussion is back and forth and people actually try to post data to support their argument.

I agree. At least the threads about football don't consistently turn into debates about the head coach with every single one being an opportunity for certain posters to repeat their opinions again and again.

Haha, you're an old woman. lol

But seriously, I have no idea what this thread was supposed to be about but coming into it well after the fact I can see that it's loaded to the brim with the Usual Retardation.

Carry on.

I actually only read through it to see if anyone would comment on the burning luggage. I'd like to hear more about that.

You and vkj are easily the worst posters on this site. It's not surprising you feel that way.
article-2350715-1A8EA25D000005DC-604_634x480.jpg

Nuts went from one extreme to another in my 15yrs on this board: From a loyal GS son, to hate filled wanting Floods head. I have a beer with him once a season in Purple. He's a good man in person. He needed a time out here though (I could have used one back in Flood's second season - I have given up on the coach now). I am not on Twitter (Impossible to read and navigate).

Prediction: 5-7 in 2015. Recruiting class falls apart. Thanks Flood.

(Yup, Moz had to fella's)

Reactions: RU#1fan
I actually only read through it to see if anyone would comment on the burning luggage. I'd like to hear more about that.
Well the best guess is that my cigar torch wasn't locked before it was packed. The airport workers must have but a bag on top of mine and the weight ignited the torch. In time, both mine and the other luggage caught fire. Luckily, it occurred before it was on the plane.

Disagree. I feel the board is more balanced than it has been in a long time. Plenty of "negative " people in every thread. Difference is, for the most part the discussion is back and forth and people actually try to post data to support their argument.
of course you would disagree with this

Agree, I can name several who constantly get away with whatever the hell they want to say. Some of it is way out of line and yet the MODS don't do anything about it. Not only should some have a timeout they should be banned as well. Grown men who act like 12 year old girls going back and forth and making it personal.

VKJ- just glad I wasn't on that flight with you. Could you imagine it the other bag was thrown on it as it was tossed onto the plane. Wow

Thanks for keeping it real Moz. Lol

of course you would disagree with this

Here is the thing, there are many on here with different views and at times we annoy the hell out of each other. It doesn't have to get personal and in either always have to be right. I would say mooby and I are good examples. We know have a running joke that something must be wrong when we agree about something.
Just bring something to a conversation that make people think, even if you don't agree.

Reactions: MADHAT1
the level of attacking by some and allowing only one viewpoint has been over the top the past few months. Its one of the reason why I don't bother coming here all that much. The thing is the so called kool aid drinkers are acting like this board is full of negativity when its not and go ballistic to try to shout down even the slightest criticism. Its sad but its my observation from watching the board. Discussion is allowed but only if a certain circle of posters approve of it.

Yet, when I wanted to discuss my displeasure with Hermann several months ago, The Hermann Kool-Aid drinker like YOU and Nuts jumped down my throat and shouted me down.

How's that for some crazy irony, BAC?

Yet, when I wanted to discuss my displeasure with Hermann several months ago, The Hermann Kool-Aid drinker like YOU and Nuts jumped down my throat and shouted me down.

Here's the problem as I see it and I'll admit I am part of it at times. To many people don't want to discuss "issues " minus emotion. When discussing Hermann people quickly jump from something like fundraising to her being a lesbian or some AA hire. Same with Flood, want to talk about recruits or NJ prospects...great. can we do it without making assumptions about the prior coach? Also, it's OK to be wrong and even more ok to admit when you are wrong

I had always figured that the Nuts banning was a temporary thing and that he would eventually be pardoned. Guess not. I am not on twitter and if I was probably would not follow him since I waste enough time on this site.

That said I enjoyed most of his posts and the times we would get into verbal spars, despite his penchant for smugness and I know more than you attitude. I certainly appreciated his efforts for the bowl parties and the fact that he was a bug time fan.

If he is trashing the board on twitter than he doesn't yet deserve a reprieve. I did notice decline in board activity after he was ejected. Between the dozens of daily posts by him and the responses by others, things did seem to quiet down.

In the end I would like to see him back here.

I just checked his Twitter -if the guy wants to get back here (which he obviously seems to want based on his tweets).......constantly trashing this board, John O and individual posters does not seem like a prudent way to go about it.

As to this thread - growing up, most kids really disliked the kid who would drop the "I told you so" all the time.....I suspect that sentiment carries into adulthood. IMO the guy was banned not for his slant, but due to the way he treated other posters over a long period of time which became increasingly and progressively worse. If some would look beyond their Positiver or negative slant, they would realize this is a community based board and if you pissed off enough pepole within the community including the mods, chances are you will be kicked off at least for a while.

Couldn't have said it better myself, it sad that people can't get this through their thick skulls.

Reactions: Sir ScarletKnight
I still don't know what or who the sky is blue people are...

Nuts seem like a good guy but he is also very obsessive and doesn't appear to know to let things go. Not every thread needed to be turn into a 8 page back in forth between two people. He was posting hundreds and hundreds of posts a day. It was a little.. well nuts. I kind of miss him though. I hope that he will be allowed back someday. After reading his twitter, he seems to be hell bent on making sure that it never happens.

To the negative posters who think that the mods are out to get them for being too negative all the time. If that is true, then how come you can all still post here? Shouldn't you all been banned by now if the mods only wanted RutgersAl level posts all the time?

Let's be logical here.

Lol, I love people defending Nuts,he's the biggest F'n hypocrite. He cries,so I'm hearing on Twitter{he banned me,don't know why}for being banned on this site, but has no problem banning people who don't always agree with him. If he had any balls, he'd welcome a good discussion, be he has the mentality of a Blue/White Mod,lol. I know your seeing this,release the hound Nuts, un-ban posters that annoy you, and maybe the Mods will follow.Oh, I also miss how he reminds us that he knew about all things Rutgers ,months before the rest of the masses.

RUready4somefootball:

Like him or not....he has pretty damn good info. Contrary to what you may believe, he actually keep his mouth shut on these things...as they are not in the public eye and does not want to be the one to bring it up on a fan forum

Reactions: bac2therac
It's not good for business to be overly negative. Seems simple enough to me..?

You and vkj are easily the worst posters on this site. It's not surprising you feel that way.

Just so we're clear where you're coming from, who are you rooting for when RU plays WSU? PSU? Michigan?

I just want to be clear as I remember you openly and unashamedly rooting against RU when they played Indiana and Maryland last year.

The way this site has been run in the past year is frustrating. It is very clear what is supported and what isn't. It's also very clear that a handful of people on here (some of whom barely go to a game and don't even donate money) can get away with murder on this site. Several things have caused me to basically stop posting on here and I really don't want to keep subscribing, which is a shame because I think Bobby and Shawn do a very good job. Instead of addressing the concerns I have, I am either asked by John O why I hate Flood (which isn't true contrary to the popular belief of the same select group on here) or the issue is ignored completely.
How do you know who the posters are and that they don't go to the games or donate money?

The truth is Nuts did more for the Rutgers Football community than any mod on this board has ever done.

Because your concern with Julie was flatout stupid. ..

Just so we're clear where you're coming from, who are you rooting for when RU plays WSU? PSU? Michigan?

I just want to be clear as I remember you openly and unashamedly rooting against RU when they played Indiana and Maryland last year.

Because i want Flood gone. I don't put one man over the program.

Guys:

Here is the things...and I just touched on this on the round table earlier in the week

1.) it IS a fan forum...so the idea is not to make this a graveyard...but a relatively positive experience. I get that...because it reflects on the school, athletic program, football program and to potential recruits

2.) Having said that...allowing the positive to stand more than the negative is OKAY if there is a consistency to that. But you can't let people decide this...this should be a SITE and ADMINS judgement and it needs to be CONSISTENLY applied. I have a lot of problems with that

3.) Threads are CONSTANTLY hijacked....and they are too often hijacked by the same pollyana and Debbie downers who take the topic and run somewhere else with it. An example, (though this one was hijacked by different than normal people) I wrote a SIMPLE four line post on the round table that I thought he THIS year's team may some chemistry and leadership brewing...and that is good. How does the thread turn? About Flood, Schiano and why there wasn't leadersjip and chemistry in previous years. Everything always freaking comes back to that WTF argument...and its really enough already

As a result, I simply stopped putting my game COMMENTS and OBSERVATIONS threads. Instead of actually talking about the GAME we just played...and maybe a little context on how it related to the remainder of the season...it became a referendum argument on the same things over and over again. ACTUAL game talk (that used to get 2000/3000 views per week and 50+ posts) would be overrunned by pro Flood, anti Flood, pro Schiano arguments....

This all matters in the simple context of this thread if simply put, the rules of the forum are consistently applied...then a lot of these issues would not persist.

Guys:

Here is the things...and I just touched on this on the round table earlier in the week

1.) it IS a fan forum...so the idea is not to make this a graveyard...but a relatively positive experience. I get that...because it reflects on the school, athletic program, football program and to potential recruits

2.) Having said that...allowing the positive to stand more than the negative is OKAY if there is a consistency to that. But you can't let people decide this...this should be a SITE and ADMINS judgement and it needs to be CONSISTENLY applied. I have a lot of problems with that

3.) Threads are CONSTANTLY hijacked....and they are too often hijacked by the same pollyana and Debbie downers who take the topic and run somewhere else with it. An example, (though this one was hijacked by different than normal people) I wrote a SIMPLE four line post on the round table that I thought he THIS year's team may some chemistry and leadership brewing...and that is good. How does the thread turn? About Flood, Schiano and why there wasn't leadersjip and chemistry in previous years. Everything always freaking comes back to that WTF argument...and its really enough already

As a result, I simply stopped putting my game COMMENTS and OBSERVATIONS threads. Instead of actually talking about the GAME we just played...and maybe a little context on how it related to the remainder of the season...it became a referendum argument on the same things over and over again. ACTUAL game talk (that used to get 2000/3000 views per week and 50+ posts) would be overrunned by pro Flood, anti Flood, pro Schiano arguments....

This all matters in the simple context of this thread if simply put, the rules of the forum are consistently applied...then a lot of these issues would not persist.
That reflects the state of the program more than anything. We are in purgatory right now. Neither good enough to really be considered good, nor bad enough to have concensus that its time to move on. We have been there since roughly 2008. So there is alot of ammo for both sides.

Hit nail on the head

You know I've had your back (no play on words) with giving Julie a chance but come on man. YoThat's exactly what causes the problems
Because he was posting trash he deserves no respect for how he attacked Julie and meas well...even here he brings up his vendetta against me as he does in threads ibpost in

Reactions: RU5781
This is fun. Threads get hijacked, it is just what happens on message boards. That it keeps going back to Schiano vs Flood is just the state of things now. Before that it was fire/keep Schiano before that... well before that it was crickets. At some point Flood will break out and be clearly good enough to keep or he'll get fired and the hijacks will be something else. Whatever happens, getting upset that threads don't stay on topic is a sure sign you shouldn't be posting on the internet. Nothing stays on topic anywhere.

Reactions: vkj91
Lol, I love people defending Nuts,he's the biggest F'n hypocrite. He cries,so I'm hearing on Twitter{he banned me,don't know why}for being banned on this site, but has no problem banning people who don't always agree with him. If he had any balls, he'd welcome a good discussion, be he has the mentality of a Blue/White Mod,lol. I know your seeing this,release the hound Nuts, un-ban posters that annoy you, and maybe the Mods will follow.Oh, I also miss how he reminds us that he knew about all things Rutgers ,months before the rest of the masses.

look, I am not going to get into why he's banned or not banned...or his behavior on twitter...

but are you saying the last part isnt true? cause he definitely had the scoop on a bunch of stuff. you may not like his approach for how he 'reminded' you of it...but there was a fair amount of stuff that he had the goods on.

let's at least be fair while you're trashing a guy in a forum where he can't defend himself.

Reactions: bac2therac
Like I said, Pot meet Kettle!

You have no problem being an outspoken douche when it serves you, then you cry like a little baby when you get shouted down.

Expect nothing less from trash like you...constant name calling..thats why I have no trouble calling you trash

Reactions: RU5781
Expect nothing less from trash like you...constant name calling..thats why I have no trouble calling you trash

Whatever, little whiney girl.

I thought you said you never like to post here anymore?

Many many people here liked it better that way.

look, I am not going to get into why he's banned or not banned...or his behavior on twitter...

but are you saying the last part isnt true? cause he definitely had the scoop on a bunch of stuff. you may not like his approach for how he 'reminded' you of it...but there was a fair amount of stuff that he had the goods on.

let's at least be fair while you're trashing a guy in a forum where he can't defend himself.

He had good info in regard to things going on at Rutgers, who and how to contact someone, policies, etc...I don't think he is a bad guy at all.
I kind of wish he could settle down on twitter, calm down some in general, understand John's concerns and come back to post in a reasonable manner. But that is up to Nuts and John.

BAC man...your posts in this thread are part of the problem. WB/skoolie/mooby/VKJ etc have voiced their concerns and opinion and while some may not agree, we are all having a pretty good discussion.
I also think that is why the mods have allowed this thread to go on. You and KF7 will be the reason it gets shut down

He had good info in regard to things going on at Rutgers, who and how to contact someone, policies, etc...I don't think he is a bad guy at all.
I kind of wish he could settle down on twitter, calm down some in general, understand John's concerns and come back to post in a reasonable manner. But that is up to Nuts and John.

BAC man...your posts in this thread are part of the problem. WB/skoolie/mooby/VKJ etc have voiced their concerns and opinion and while some may not agree, we are all having a pretty good discussion.
I also think that is why the mods have allowed this thread to go on. You and KF7 will be the reason it gets shut down

Huh? Please explain what I did other than ask the name calling stop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT