ADVERTISEMENT

Cam Spencer

All good for the players while the money is there. Will be a big let down for later generations when the money starts to dry up.
Will it? So long as the championship remains as big a deal as it is, the demand will be there to “buy” good players.

ESPN draft ranking has Cam - a Rutgers grad and basketball national champion - in top 50.

I really don’t think he gets drafted, even though he had a great year. He is 24 years old and doesn’t look like he can guard NBA quality athletes. He will definitely end up in the G-league, though he would do better financially in Europe, but I just don’t see anyone using a draft pick on an older player with limited upside and limited athleticism.

Why do some of you suck at the teat of players that left RU?

Does this seriously give you some sense of pride. “RU grad”… 😂.

SMDH
He might be a Rutgers grad but all he will ever be known as is a Rutgers transfer and UConn National Champ.

Reactions: MrsScrew
I really don’t think he gets drafted, even though he had a great year. He is 24 years old and doesn’t look like he can guard NBA quality athletes. He will definitely end up in the G-league, though he would do better financially in Europe, but I just don’t see anyone using a draft pick on an older player with limited upside and limited athleticism.

Limited athleticism? What do you mean? According to his parents he went to UConn cause he was too talented for the Big10

Reactions: Smols
Limited athleticism? What do you mean? According to his parents he went to UConn cause he was too talented for the Big10
Well in their defense, UConn was a lot more talented than Purdue . . . but the NBA is a massive leap from college.

I haven't watched the draft much in recent years(a couple decades actually) but you don't think he could go 2nd rnd? Those guys typically don't get much play anyways.

I haven't watched the draft much in recent years(a couple decades actually) but you don't think he could go 2nd rnd? Those guys typically don't get much play anyways.
Of course anything is possible, it just takes one team to be high on a player. And in the past few years we have seen older players go late 2nd round, but they are usually 21-22 years old and the clear #1 option on their team, like Jalen Wilson, who the Nets drafted. 24 is very old by draft standards. Even though there isn’t a lot of difference getting drafted late 2nd vs signing as a UFA, I still think teams would be inclined to draft a younger player with more perceived upside and use a UFA slot on Spencer.

Reactions: RU-05
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT