ADVERTISEMENT

Can somebody tell me ONE PLAYER pike has developed since they came to play for Rutgers

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are talking about player development. Do we look like we made the tourney last season? It’s not just about the team it’s about the players being developed so they can move on in life. They aren’t all here just for our entertainment trust me.

now your beef is about “developing them in life” lol

now your beef is about “developing them in life” lol
After college basketball, over seas, nba, whatever path they want after basketball. But I know deflecting when I see it just move on with your day sir. You have no answers..

After college basketball, over seas, nba, whatever path they want after basketball. But I know deflecting when I see it just move on with your day sir. You have no answers..

i gave you an answer at least 3 times. Myles Johnson

johnson, the recruit with only one high major school. Rutgers.

5 years later one of the most sought after transfers.

if that’s not “developed” I don’t know what is

Reactions: rubigtimenow
And I ignored that because that’s not true. What did he develop with Myles?

i asked you a few posts after your original op..what do you mean by “developed”? You haven’t yet to answer.

my definition is improve his all around game. Again, kid had ONE high major offer out of high school. Five years later he’s one of the most saught after recruits. That’s my definition of developed.

Eugene Omoruyi could hardly dribble when he got here. Pike did quite a development job with him.
Pike had Eugene posting up. His last year here whenever the ball went into the paint to Eugene it never came back out. And if that’s the case why would Eugene want to leave pike if he developed him so much? When Eugene got to Oregon I seen someone actually being used in a way that would better his basketball career. As opposed to being a 6’7 guy that handles the ball sometimes but is doing most of his work in the paint. Eugene would’ve never gotten drafted under pike let’s be real here…

Imagine someone spending over an hour of their Sunday night with this? Have pity on this man. This is his life. I feel for this person from the bottom of my heart because his life must be empty to want to spend his free time on this.

@Rutgers1010 I can offer contact information for support groups if you need it. You are never alone.

1-800-273-8255

Pike had Eugene posting up. His last year here whenever the ball went into the paint to Eugene it never came back out. And if that’s the case why would Eugene want to leave pike if he developed him so much? When Eugene got to Oregon I seen someone actually being used in a way that would better his basketball career. As opposed to being a 6’7 guy that handles the ball sometimes but is doing most of his work in the paint. Eugene would’ve never gotten drafted under pike let’s be real here…
I never said he used him correctly. I said he developed him. Oregon would have laughed at the guy that signed with us. He started day one for Oregon. That’s the guy that Pike developed.

So not only can pike not develop players, you’re now saying his game plans suck. Lol.

Team must have been all Americans last year to get as far as that did with those two hinderences

Reactions: Rutgers56
Possibly the dumbest post ever on this site but, I’ll name a few:

EO - was a mess when he got here, much better when he left. He was a guy no one wanted and when he left the sky was falling. He turned in to a legit player during his time here

Freeman - no doubt he improved under Pike

Geo - skinny kid with no offers, legit Big 10 player now (if you dispute that you know nothing about basketball)

Myles - he was light years better last year than his first year…again, if you can’t see that, you know nothing about basketball

Shaq Carter - year 2 of Shaq he improved a lot and provided valuable minutes

Young - left Texas as athletic and erratic…left here athletic and much less erratic

Harper - under recruited, now on every watch list…Even this year, jump shot not there yet and he knows to put the ball on the floor and get to the rim…he didn’t do that enough last year, plus his d and rebounding have been solid

Guys I personally didn’t see really improve as much as I would have expected:

Tez - could never really get over the hump on consistency

Sanders - 4 years with pike may have been good for him, but possibly just not a good fit for the two

Paul - love the kid, plays so hard, just not yet for me

McConnell - again, love the kid, thought he was going to be much more than a role player, but I love him on the team, good d, rebounds, seems to find ways to make plays…just thought he’d be a more consistent offensive impact

This is certainly not a complete list, but
Suggesting Pike can’t develop guys shows a lack of basketball IQ in my opinion.

Players like Mathis transfered because guys like you got in their ears and told them they should. You are not a Rutgers fan, you can stop pretending and trolling now.

Time to add another user to the ignore list.

Can anybody tell me this? Like what have our players been doing all these years other than practice? I only see regression almost each season…
All you have to do is look at his moniker…Rutgers1010 … ignore this fool

We are talking about player development. Do we look like we made the tourney last season? It’s not just about the team it’s about the players being developed so they can move on in life. They aren’t all here just for our entertainment trust me.
No you didn’t mean “ moving on in life”… f——k tool

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT