ADVERTISEMENT

Can't wait for April 24th aka the Spring Game!

MikeRU1766

Junior
Mar 7, 2015
So excited to attend the Spring Game on April 24th. I want to see how our QB's are looking like the rest of NJ is wondering. I am also curious how our running backs have continued to develop because while they had a solid year last year... we need great years out of them so we can start winning CHAMPIONSHIPS. Also, the wide receivers and secondary battles will be interesting to watch. It's cool they are having it at 7:30 at night too so it has a night game feel and it is under the bright lights.

Anyone know how many people attended last year? (I was there, but can't say I was trying to count how many people were there.)

Also, I would set the over under at about 13,000 which is about 25% of the stadium. What are you guys guesses?

I like the branding of the Spring Game this year...Friday Knight Lights!

Def looking forward to it

Originally posted by RUinPinehurst:

Will the Spring Game be on BTN?
Yep. That's why it's being played on a Friday night.

Originally posted by DJ Spanky:

This ^^^^ is quickly gaining urban legend status.

IF you believe Kyle Flood, it was his decision. Not that it matters anyway.

Originally posted by Scarlet Shack:

WIll there be an autograph session for the fans like previous years?
Yes and fireworks

DVR the game and go its an awesome time and everything is free...maybe they should charge $5 to get in and get the funds rolling for the facilities we need...

We need to pack the place this year
Posted from Rivals Mobile

If Kyle Flood made this decision on his own, which I highly doubt, than it was a bad decision.
I think this was a BTN request from the start and he gave his ok.

Originally posted by knightfan7:
Originally posted by DJ Spanky:

This ^^^^ is quickly gaining urban legend status.

IF you believe Kyle Flood, it was his decision. Not that it matters anyway.
Also, Rutgers Day already has an oversaturated schedule in a six-hour time frame, so it's nice to spread out at least one big event.

I'm guessing the crowd for the night Spring game will be Much Less than the past few Saturday afternoon Spring games. I hope I'm wrong, but I know of at least 5 friends who can't make this time spot.

See I kind of got the vibe that MORE people would want to come out for the Spring Game under the lights, but I guess we will all see. I went last year during the day and I definitely am going this year under the lights and have a bunch of friends who are excited to go as well. I will try to remember to take a picture so I can post it on the board here.

Also, to the above poster about autograph session.... I have no idea. BUT I HOPE SO. That would be really cool and would be a good chance to just talk to the players and get a glimpse of how they interact with the fans.

Correction: I just did a little research and according to this Asbury Park Press article they will have a fireworks show AND an on the field autograph session so that is pretty awesome.

http://www.app.com/story/sports/college/rutgers/2015/01/19/rutgers-football-host-primetime-spring-game-april/22003205/

Originally posted by Abro1975:
I'm guessing the crowd for the night Spring game will be Much Less than the past few Saturday afternoon Spring games. I hope I'm wrong, but I know of at least 5 friends who can't make this time spot.
I haven't been to a spring game in 20 years, but due to the schedule change, I will be coming along with my daughter and 2 of her friends. I'm sure I am not the only one who finds a Friday night easier to attend. Many people have HS and youth sports on spring Saturdays, for me this is a welcome change.

A quick look at BTN and the RU Spring game if scheduled to be on live :

NCAAFFB.png
FOOTBALL
7:30 PM ET
BTN

RUTGERS SPRING FOOTBALL

Not a big fan of the Friday night timeslot. I liked spending the morning/early afternoon at Ag-Field Day and then going to the spring game later in the afternoon.

I also think the cooler weather after sunset (7:30 pm kickoff, with the game ending around 9 pm and sunset at 7:46 pm) will likely keep some folks away. Average high/low on 4/25 is 65/43F, so if we get an "average" day, temps will be dropping quickly into the 50s during the game.

In case anyone is curious, the latest 1" or greater snowfall ever in NYC was April 25th, 1875, when 3" fell. Just sayin'.

Originally posted by RUhasarrived:
Forecast is for 70 degrees that day.Of course,it'll go down quickly on an April night.
Why do you bother posting these? I'd get it, if it were a goof, given the complete lack of accuracy of forecasts beyond about a week, but I don't sense any "goofiness" in these posts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT