ADVERTISEMENT

Carino: Q&A With Jay Williams

Can see Williams as an assist. coach. Say one of our assits. leaves.- does this open a window for Williams at RU?
He's recognizeable, a legend in NJ / to college basketball fans....and imo would be able to RECRUIT
NJ / surrounding area .

MO

Jay Williams wouldn't leave his gig to be an assistant..

You gotta start somewhere...
and starting as EMPEROR in CHIEF isn't plausible.

MO

it is 100% plausible, especially in this day in age.

Do you know who the President is? John Lynch becoming GM of the 49ers with no front office experience? Steve Kerr HC of the Warriors? Jason Kidd with the Bucks? Chris Mullin at St. Johns? I could go on if you'd like...

agree...I really do not see the need in hearing Jay Williams opine on Rutgers and find laughable that he had the audicity to say he wanted to be the head coach here with no experience

Reactions: RU-AGK
agree...I really do not see the need in hearing Jay Williams opine on Rutgers and find laughable that he had the audicity to say he wanted to be the head coach here with no experience

He admitted that he wasn’t qualified in the article. Not sure what else you want him to say.

He’s an NJ native that seems interested in the fortunes of the RU program so I found the article interesting.

Next time he interviews let him believe he is a lock for the job and then go with someone else.

Wish we would have done this the last time.

He made it sound like Rutgers / Hobbs reached out to him. To my knowledge the other person mentioning Williams as a candidate was Williams because it was ridiculous.

Let him take over for Coach K if he wants to be a head coach. We sure don't want a complete unknown project coach. Besides, Pikell is gonna be here a while.

Although I don’t know anything about how well Williams can coach, he’s been around some really brilliant coaches in his life. Does that translate into a good coach and/ or recruiter? IDK, but I can see him coming to RU down the road if we lost an assistant. He may want to hurry because Rutgers is going to be a high profile job in the next few years ( fingers crossed). I also think he would jump on ithe opportunity. My only problem would be him using RU as a stepping stone and jumping ship as soon as he can. JMO.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT